• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Forum Updated !!!

MADZ

Hi Guys,

The Autolanka forums have just been upgraded with many new features. I will be tweaking it further more in coming few weeks time, so please do let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

I'm looking for few more Mods to help me out with restructuring the information and moderating the forum...I’ll put a separate thread on that soon. Unfortunately we lost last Friday’s postings since I had to rollback the forum database due to some issues so you might notice that some posts towards the latter stages are missing.

ok that's all for now...hope you guys like the new stuff...enjoy !!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

The Autolanka forums have just been upgraded with many new features. I will be tweaking it further more in coming few weeks time, so please do let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

I'm looking for few more Mods to help me out with restructuring the information and moderating the forum...I’ll put a separate thread on that soon. Unfortunately we lost last Friday’s postings since I had to rollback the forum database due to some issues so you might notice that some posts towards the latter stages are missing.

Thanx MADZ!

We missed AL forum a lot.Hope this time its toooooo good!

Best wishes

Hi Guys,

MADZ,

Very good step you have implemented I hope you will do as you say. Most important thing you should stop Humiliating to members as all members on this forum has their self respect.

This Auto Lanka forum is there to discus matters related to Automobiles I find lot of other matters do not relevant to Automobiles are discussed.

If a member is posting unwanted posts not related to automobiles you can take your decision and send a warning post for not to do that type of posts.

Please request members to address in their posts to other members in a polite manner.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hi Guys,

Thanks MADZ,

Felt like lifeless for last few days.......now back with full turbo...

AL has helped lots of people to clarify and update themselves......this will further enhance it

New look looks good :)

Any chance of creating a wiki type area? Not sure if IPB has a plugin for that; but some of the FAQ (fuel consumption, import procedures, etc) that people are trying to create would live much better in wiki format than forums...

Unfortunately we lost last Friday’s postings since I had to rollback the forum database due to some issues so you might notice that some posts towards the latter stages are missing.

for anyone trying to recover their lost post/s; search for the thread title and/or words in your post on google and take the cached result... you might be able to find it.

Hi Guys,

The forum looks excellent. Nice work! BTW, the vote buttons do not work for me. It always says that I have exceeded my quota for the day.

One more thing. I think everybody should be a bit more polite to others. Last week we saw some 'senior' members calling others retards etc. This is an open forum. People may raise any type of question here. Nobody has the right to insult the people who post here. Sadly, the AL forums have been a bit hostile, specially to newcomers, in the past few months.

You may never know, you may end up meeting some of the people you've been rude to on this forum, in real life, and the people you were hostile to may turn out to be nice people. So, it is always good to be polite to everyone.

Hi Guys,

Madz - it looks great !! thanks :)

Suggestions as requested-- in the old page, when you click 'view all topics' it takes to you the 02nd page - where the topics/author/no of view etc were displayed comprehensively . My suggestion is that be incorporated in this too.

I'm agreements about the Mods, but don't let the forum become too boring!! :) I sometimes enjoy the banter between members. However when it becomes too personal & when there are punches below the belt - it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Also since there is an influx of new members - they'll be reluctant to post when they are snubbed at the very outset. To overcome them asking repeated questions - my suggestion - as suggested by others- is to have a pinned FAQ. Wish you all the best!!

EDIT -- Re my 01st suggestion - just saw the 'veiw new content' button-- :action-smiley-060:

Edited by mirage7777

One more thing. I think everybody should be a bit more polite to others. Last week we saw some 'senior' members calling others retards etc. This is an open forum. People may raise any type of question here. Nobody has the right to insult the people who post here. Sadly, the AL forums have been a bit hostile, specially to newcomers, in the past few months.

You may never know, you may end up meeting some of the people you've been rude to on this forum, in real life, and the people you were hostile to may turn out to be nice people. So, it is always good to be polite to everyone.

Az,

I appreciate your great comment to the members I hope in future members will act accordingly.In your post last few words give a example to other members.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.