• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Body Expierienced With These Bikes ?

Sumiya

Hi Guys

My sister is planing to buy scooty pept bike or Bajaj Plessure, are these ones good

for such use , actually i don't know anything about these and never owned or used

, what are your suggestions who have used one of these ?

is tvs or Bajaj is good ?

thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi Guys

My sister is planing to buy scooty pept bike or Bajaj Plessure, are these ones good

for such use , actually i don't know anything about these and never owned or used

thanks

Regards

sumith

Summith,

One of my friend sister had a Scooty pep and I have ridden it too. Good bike for femals specially for short distance. The only issue is the small wheels and if you hit a pot hole or a bumb the vibration is alot and should be a bit careful with contrrol. Since it does not have a clutch/gears (all you need to do is accelerae to move) I think there are high chances to lose control though this differes to diferent people. I always believe bikes with a clutch has greater control. Don't know anything about the Bajaj as it was becomming popular after I left. I personally think Bajaj has a stronger resale value and easy to source parts than TVS though I might be wrong. Hope this helps. :)

Hi Guys

thanks

Regards

sumith

Is there a vespa dealer in SL?

A friend of mine used a Scooty pep for almost 2 years as a daily ride. And she still use it once in a while. No issues with reliability or spare parts. If its only short distance travel I think it's good value for money. No experience with Bajaj so far.

Hi Guys

thanks

Regards

sumith

Have no experience on scooters. But Hero honda is a better brand when compared to bajaj and TVS

Hi Guys

Thanks for reply guys, today bought a TVS Scooty streak(new Model)

Black color one for about 138K + full Insurance and RMV fee it is about 150K

Battery was fully dead could not operate Starter motor :angry: , thought of running few KMs will solve the problem

i came to office with it today still no good ,call the fellow he said to bring it back tomorrow to make the starter motor and give

Commonly good nothing bad has a good pulling power too. could only fill 450 Rs petrol, i was dam scared of cops since it is not registered.managed to come to collpetty :)

have to go home safe too with cops ;)

thanks

regards

sumith

Battery was fully dead could not operate Starter motor :angry: , thought of running few KMs will solve the problem

i came to office with it today still no good ,call the fellow he said to bring it back tomorrow to make the starter motor and give

I don't think scooty will dissapoint you. However I doubt if battery is fully dead and depending on the condition/unused period it's re-usable. There is a mechanic I know which he recovered my brand new battery which I used few months, but went dead again since I didnt use the bike much. This is the procedure he did. Since its small one you may try out if battery didn't charged after start using it.

Remove all battery acid left in the battery. Fill the battery with hot boiling water (be cautious). Keep air tight for 24hrs. Remove the water. Wash the battery with hot water again. let it completely dry. Add battery (sulphuric) acid and charge it with external charger with low current. This will remove the lead-sulphate generated over the time and clean the +/- plates.

• 1 year later...

goldwing motors( vespa agents) are no longer there in kirulapone anyone knows where they are.?...............i have seen quite a few vespas in srilanka now. To be frank i have fallen in love with them and also the new TVS wego which is also noce looking.............

Edited by rameez

goldwing motors( vespa agents) are no longer there in kirulapone anyone knows where they are.?...............i have seen quite a few vespas in srilanka now. To be frank i have fallen in love with them and also the new TVS wego which is also noce looking.............

Goldwing is located in Pannala.I think that's their first and only remaining location now.