• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Caska Car Audio. Is It A Good One ?

nissan_fan

Question

Hello there,

I am thinking of installing a Caska Video system into my car. However I have several questions and hope that someone with experience will answer them.

1. What about the quality ? Is it worth the price-performance ratio ?

2. How much will it cost to me?

Thanks.

• Answers 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Newbie- you're answers:

1. Value of something is subjective- so either you provide a few model numbers and try and compare the features with the alternatives

AL members may own

2. What do you think AL is? Why not check with the Caska dealers on price or are you too lazy to do this?

I think most of us here are 'typical Sri Lankans' So I hope you are not trying to insult us here, even if you are some 'not-so-typical, special Sri Lankan'

Pet#o charged Rs3000 for complete installation including the RCA cables and much better quality fuse, fuse holder, speaker cables and power cable.

Advance charged only Rs 2000 for all shit cables and without the RCA cables and installation charges were separate complete rip off.

Also a friend of mine took his 121 for headlight cleaning....they wanted 9 grand to do it.......

Well Gayan, one can argue that 'good things no cheap, cheap things no good'- But based on you info- Advan*e really should have managed you're situation better if you were not satisfied and they should have explained things clearer. When I got work done with them, I was very specific on the wiring to be used, where it was to be pulled along the car- and the correct fuses. Actually they did not have good fuses at the time, so after installation I went to the DLS Guys and got the power rewired with a premium fuse- that actually increased sound quality.

Still my thread opening questions was not answered. Typical Sri Lankan behavior here. When someone ask a question, Sri Lankans tend to say what they know about related stuff instead of providing pinpoint answer or simply saying they don't know the answer.

Got news for ya. That behavior isn't a Sri Lankan phenomenon.

Still my thread opening questions was not answered. Typical Sri Lankan behavior here. When someone ask a question, Sri Lankans tend to say what they know about related stuff instead of providing pinpoint answer or simply saying they don't know the answer.

I'll post my questions again. So that someone with knowledge can answer me.

1. How about the Caska Car audio, is it worth the price paid?

2. How much it will cost?

Cheers,

nissan_fan

Perhaps you should have just googled your question instead of coming here and griping about it? Doubt if anyone here has a price list of the items you fancy.

Are you ashamed to be typically Sri Lankan? I am sure there is room for you in the next boat to Canada. see if you can get a CASKA for a good price there. :angry-smiley-024:

Edited by VVTi

Well Gayan, one can argue that 'good things no cheap, cheap things no good'- But based on you info- Advan*e really should have managed you're situation better if you were not satisfied and they should have explained things clearer. When I got work done with them, I was very specific on the wiring to be used, where it was to be pulled along the car- and the correct fuses. Actually they did not have good fuses at the time, so after installation I went to the DLS Guys and got the power rewired with a premium fuse- that actually increased sound quality.

Machang, any advise on where to get a set of 5.25" speakers? No one seems to have them in stock.

Hello there,

I am thinking of installing a Caska Video system into my car. However I have several questions and hope that someone with experience will answer them.

Thanks.

it's a chinese..... hope you are not going to the sun lanka..... their prices are too high for the chinese junk bro. y not going for a clarion or jbl or something like that :to_pick_ones_nose3:

tricky size machan- but I know just the place that has tricky sizes. Gilb#rts. Tell you what- I'll do a walk there today and check if they have 'em. If the price is reasonable I would not mind buying a set as well & maybe we can push for a discount . What sort of output are you looking at? and do you need compo's?

Machang, any advise on where to get a set of 5.25" speakers? No one seems to have them in stock.
Edited by Elvis_Pil

tricky size machan- but I know just the place that has tricky sizes. Gilb#rts. Tell you what- I'll do walk there today and check if they have 'em. If the price is reasonable I would not mind buying a set as well & maybe we can push for a discount . What sort of output are you looking at? and do you need compo's?

Thanks, but don't waste your time as I called them last evening. They don't have it. Pet#o has 5" but that won't fit. Their (Gilberts') website says they have it, but they don't.

yes, its a tricky size. According to Ripper tehre is a place in Pettah that has, if I can get through, I will give you a holler and we can both go see.

Its for the E36. I have replaced the rears with 3 way Pioneers. The front kick panels have 5.25" Nokia's in them and the doors have the Nokia tweeters. They are all fine, but time to replace the kick panel speakers.

The Head unit is the original BMW Business CD (Blaupunkt). Not looking for high wattage stuff.

Edited by VVTi

I see- so you'll be looking at lower wattage units- have you tried looking at Infinity speakers- they have ultra slim editions which may have a larger diameter, but may still fit with a bit of a modification. it may work since you'll be running trebles with less vibration & volume.

When I got work done with them, I was very specific on the wiring to be used, where it was to be pulled along the car- and the correct fuses. Actually they did not have good fuses at the time, so after installation I went to the DLS Guys and got the power rewired with a premium fuse- that actually increased sound quality.

Is this for the P12???

Thanks machang... seems like that's the place all are saying to go. Is there a shop name or is the whole area selling the same items?

hey will do a run there and see machang...

i too wanna check shallow mount subs and a monoblock amp to drive em :D

Hello there,

Thanks.

Caska all Chinese. Do not pay for the brand name, pay for the quality.

For my AXIO I went for another famous place in Sri Lanka I do not want to mention their name here, they quote me a high price saying that its with TOYOTA LOGO and many more. Then I went AUTOPAL they told me the truth saying all of these products in the market today are Chinese, and they gave me with TOYOTA logo and reverse camera for 46000/=. I really in love with my new audio system.

i RELLY ENJOY IT

For my AXIO I went for another famous place in Sri Lanka I do not want to mention their name here, they quote me a high price saying that its with TOYOTA LOGO and many more. Then I went AUTOPAL they told me the truth saying all of these products in the market today are Chinese, and they gave me with TOYOTA logo and reverse camera for 46000/=. I really in love with my new audio system.

i RELLY ENJOY IT

Why don't you want to mention the other famous place? If you're marketing Autopal you might as well name the other place as well. In any case looks like they sold you the exact same thing with a Toyota Logo :rolleyes:

i RELLY ENJOY IT

What is the actual make of the unit btw? I highly doubt Toyota is in the radio manufacturing business, whether it comes with their logo or not.

Edited by SeanD

Why don't you want to mention the other famous place? If you're marketing Autopal you might as well name the other place as well. In any case looks like they sold you the exact same thing with a Toyota Logo :rolleyes:

Several newbies praising and defending Autopal in their very first posts.... may be some guerrilla marketing in action... :ninja:

i RELLY ENJOY IT

You paid 46k for a reverse camera and a Toyota Logo? :lol:

couple of weeks ago in motor show there were many vendors who marketted this multimedia head unit that allows you to choose the logo of your choice. they seem to have all logos under the sun for you to choose. the sellers were not able to give any other information about the quality/power of the units. they were only marketing the product on this logo feature. it goes a long way explaining what a typical buyer here is lookign for when buying a head unit :lol.

i RELLY ENJOY IT

Does it play any music? Or does it just keep reminding you that its a Toyota... ?:)

Guys; what is your experience in Caska DVD/BT/Mp3 players in Toyota? as per the thread; the product seems average; but; i would like to know your experience/opinion in the product before i go for it. (I have 40K budget so out of big branded once) :P

I know people hate Chinese products; but what if the budget is low? :) so; kindly let me know;

1) Any better Caska Models for Allion 260 with in 40k.

2) Best place to buy.

3) Issues/Problems that can occur.

Thanks.