• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Silencer/muffler Problem

heavyD

Question

Guys,

Went to Elcardo today as my silencer sounded like it had holes in it. They checked it out and told me all the piping had to be redone. I checked out some earlier threads and everyone seems to recommend the place.

I'm a complete noob at this. Is there anything I should know regarding this replacement? The type of piping, that kinda thing. Don't want them pulling a fast one on me.

Thanks

8 answers to this question

Went to Elcardo today .... I checked out some earlier threads and everyone seems to recommend the place.

Hey BigD, are you sure that Elcardo was 'recommended' in previous threads ????

I suggest you review the threads bit more further ... :rolleyes:

Guys,

Went to Elcardo today as my silencer sounded like it had holes in it. They checked it out and told me all the piping had to be redone. I checked out some earlier threads and everyone seems to recommend the place.

I'm a complete noob at this. Is there anything I should know regarding this replacement? The type of piping, that kinda thing. Don't want them pulling a fast one on me.

Thanks

try wepr,personally can recommend their work,might cost u bit,but worth for the price

How much for the job?

Five and half k.

Hey BigD, are you sure that Elcardo was 'recommended' in previous threads ????

I suggest you review the threads bit more further ... :rolleyes:

Well, the several that I read did recommend Elcardo. I'll read further. Any other places you can recommend?

afaik elcardo still uses crush bending to fabricate exhaust units. so depending on the quality of your original exhaust system this won't make any difference other than curing the rattle and probably robbing some of the performance.

Less performance from new pipes? How does that happen?

try wepr,personally can recommend their work,might cost u bit,but worth for the price

Thanks. Whereabouts is that?

Less performance from new pipes? How does that happen?

crush bending is so called because bending pipes using this method involves the inside of the bend being pushed inwards during the process. this makes the pipes narrower at the bends creating backpressure that brings down the efficiency of an engine.

Personally I too would go with wepr if i want a good aftermarket exhaust system. its one of the few organisations with mandrel benders and probably the only one of them that fabricates exhaust systems with them.

crush bending is so called because bending pipes using this method involves the inside of the bend being pushed inwards during the process. this makes the pipes narrower at the bends creating backpressure that brings down the efficiency of an engine.

Personally I too would go with wepr if i want a good aftermarket exhaust system. its one of the few organisations with mandrel benders and probably the only one of them that fabricates exhaust systems with them.

Thanks a lot.