• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ohh...my Heart Beat Went Higher After Seen This Beauty...

lokulamaya

Yamaha - TTR600

Honda - XR400

my favourites....

ttr600.jpg

Was gonna get this TTR 600 at one stage but was already sold before I went the next day.

OH...NO not again....some body needs a beer hear.......seriously why u miss it machan.?why didn't u give him an advance in the first place....bikes likes ttr 600 are gems machan...u defineatly miss a gem machan..very sad thou.. :(:(

OH...NO not again....some body needs a beer hear.......seriously why u miss it machan.?why didn't u give him an advance in the first place....bikes likes ttr 600 are gems machan...u defineatly miss a gem machan..very sad thou.. :(:(

i dont know about the TTR600...but the TTR250 is a failure model....thats why they are not so expensive in SL

actually digital speedos came on mid 90's XR's. I have a 1996 Model and that too came with the digi speedo. Not a big fan of that though cos it's tough to get a readout when you're riding fast in harsh sunlight. There are after market ones that claim to have fixed the issue. But this is not a worry if you're not into endurance riding...5~6hours+ on the saddle :)

And for the record....in almost every aspect the XR's are superior to AX-1's. And personally i don't like the AX-1 styling that much though there seems to be fans who see the other way here :)

On the headlights...if you look at endurance rallies like the famous Baja1000...almost every pro rider use the dual hid headlight configuration. XR's have dominated the Baja races and that's the reason for honda to release a "baja" pronounced Baha imitating the rally bike. :)

Although i too dont like the looks...those lights really really gets the job done. But that is if you're into riding trails and bad roads.

I know this from experience cos i i ride with frineds about once an year on 4-6 days trips way out of congested areas etc...and in those areas looks achieve nothing and performance is what matters :) gotta say my XR hasn't failed me as yet and none of the other XR's have failed eithers...we did have some trouble with a djebel though :P

So if you're into riding in it's true sense on a bike like an XR...dual lights is a huge advantage. And adjusting it so that you don't blind others is a minor matter.

And very true in what you say about indian, chinese junks flooding the market and our roads. It's becoming very rare to see a well maintained good bike over 125cc not purely used for commuting. I feel the offroad bike segment have taken the bigger hit there too cos those are the rarest...

and apologies for mistaking your initial post as a lame butt attempt to market that bike :P

yes machan as u pointed out manufactured year of the digital xr is mid 90's..but most of them came to sri lanka in late 99's ..

and when it's come to the engine performance difference between ax1 & baja well ax1 produces 29.00 HP (21.2 kW) @ 8500 RPM while baja develops 28.00 HP (20.4 kW)) @ 8000 RPM..almost the same..but when it comes to compression ratio

baja has a 9.3:1 comp ratio while ax1 having 11.0:1 comp ratio.. because of that plus size difference is what makes the ax1 bit supeerior to the baja in terms of the accelaraion and mid range torque.....only problem with the ax1 is even thou it was produce only for domestic use in japan now the production is seized..japan stopped this bike from production in 1994 ..and ax1 bikes u and me see here in sri lanka are more than 15 years old.(non val model is more than 21 years old)..so spare parts are damn tough to find and price are higher too...(but most guys still love the ax1 due to it's stupid kind of pickup and the braking power plus it has some amazing features for a old bike like that such as liquid cooled engine with radiator and fan +dohc engine ,mono shocks...etc )

and when talking about the djbel well i dont know why it has a low perception among riders....may due to it's brand(suzuki)

cause when it comes to cars it's toyota u know..even thou nissans ,mazda having a good reputation in other countries...but in sri lanka...u know the story.......

Edited by lokulamaya

yes machan as u pointed out manufactured year of the digital xr is mid 90's..but most of them came to sri lanka in late 99's ..

and when it's come to the engine performance difference between ax1 & baja well ax1 produces 29.00 HP (21.2 kW) @ 8500 RPM while baja develops 28.00 HP (20.4 kW)) @ 8000 RPM..almost the same..but when it comes to compression ratio

baja has a 9.3:1 comp ratio while ax1 having 11.0:1 comp ratio.. because of that plus size difference is what makes the ax1 bit supeerior to the baja in terms of the accelaraion and mid range torque.....only problem with the ax1 is even thou it was produce only for domestic use in japan now the production is seized..japan stopped this bike from production in 1994 ..and ax1 bikes u and me see here in sri lanka are more than 15 years old.(non val model is more than 21 years old)..so spare parts are damn tough to find and price are higher too...(but most guys still love the ax1 due to it's stupid kind of pickup and the braking power plus it has some amazing features for a old bike like that such as liquid cooled engine with radiator and fan +dohc engine ,mono shocks...etc )

and when talking about the djbel well i dont know why it has a low perception among riders....may due to it's brand(suzuki)

cause when it comes to cars it's toyota u know..even thou nissans ,mazda having a good reputation in other countries...but in sri lanka...u know the story.......

No really! there are great bikes from suzuki like the DRZ series and those are damn good bikes.

ax-1 afaik is a more street oriented bike while the XR's are proper trail riding bikes.

the ax-1 and many other will easily boast better HP figures bit imho it's the the specific application and the "usable" horse that counts at times.

afaik the XR's makes lesser horses than 28...it's definitely less than 25 in stock form...gotta check my manual :D

also...XR's are meant for low end torque and it's good enough to climb a tree if you can manage to hold on to it :P

on the streets so many bikes will take out an XR...on tough trails with steep climbs it will rape most of them

Ya it was a nice bike but kick start only and you would know the pain of kicking a 600cc engine every day. I wanted a road bike and this one needed blinkers and a set of road tires to make it road worthy. This bike was here in Aus and I was negotiating for AUD 2600 plus the additional cost and the seller wanted AUD 3000. Some one paid AUD 2750 and took it. These were made in Belgarda in Italy and are very strong and awesome machines on the track. This had 15,000kms on the clock and knowing dirt bikes, normally they are thrashed. Wanted to do some research before I bought it and when I was satisfied and went it had already gone instead he tried to sell me a KTM but I'm not a fan of those. I actually went to the shop to get a part for my other bike and saw this and fell in love. Haven't thought about a dirt bike since the but XR400 are quite appealing.

No really! there are great bikes from suzuki like the DRZ series and those are damn good bikes.

ax-1 afaik is a more street oriented bike while the XR's are proper trail riding bikes.

the ax-1 and many other will easily boast better HP figures bit imho it's the the specific application and the "usable" horse that counts at times.

afaik the XR's makes lesser horses than 28...it's definitely less than 25 in stock form...gotta check my manual :D

also...XR's are meant for low end torque and it's good enough to climb a tree if you can manage to hold on to it :P

on the streets so many bikes will take out an XR...on tough trails with steep climbs it will rape most of them

yeah..agreed..

Ya it was a nice bike but kick start only and you would know the pain of kicking a 600cc engine every day. I wanted a road bike and this one needed blinkers and a set of road tires to make it road worthy. This bike was here in Aus and I was negotiating for AUD 2600 plus the additional cost and the seller wanted AUD 3000. Some one paid AUD 2750 and took it. These were made in Belgarda in Italy and are very strong and awesome machines on the track. This had 15,000kms on the clock and knowing dirt bikes, normally they are thrashed. Wanted to do some research before I bought it and when I was satisfied and went it had already gone instead he tried to sell me a KTM but I'm not a fan of those. I actually went to the shop to get a part for my other bike and saw this and fell in love. Haven't thought about a dirt bike since the but XR400 are quite appealing.

.....Ya it was a nice bike but kick start only and you would know the pain of kicking a 600cc engine every day

never had a chance to kicking a 600cc...but damn it ...yeah could be a rough night mare...huh... :violent-smiley-099:

....... he tried to sell me a KTM but I'm not a fan of those

i have heard many good things about KTM series..but i dont know why it's only restricted to the European region..may be due to the pricing scheme..

yeah..agreed..XR is more suitable for absolute hard terrains as it providing better ground clearence and tall suspension system even thou old xr's only having conventional front folks.and it also provides more stability at uneven surfaces due to better COG.

but ax1 is a more hybrid concept and it targets for long distance traveling which supported by more soft suspension system..

of course ax1 is deadly ugly for guys taller than 5 '10' ..(certainly looks donkey on a monkey :angry-smiley-048::angry-smiley-048: )

...afaik the XR's makes lesser horses than 28...it's definitely less than 25 in stock form...gotta check my manual :D

no machan it's the factory default for the xr 250 series...but due to the bloody weight u can not some times feel the power..but if u rev it in the 2nd gear @6000 rpm fat women will sing ....u know the rest.......huh..ha.. :)

damn right about it...once one of friend with a 1980's xl smoke the shit out of a modified cbr 250 in a short streach at te galle road (each bike having pillion riders)....i don know what happened to the poor soul of the cbr rider.. :P

.....Ya it was a nice bike but kick start only and you would know the pain of kicking a 600cc engine every day

never had a chance to kicking a 600cc...but damn it ...yeah could be a rough night mare...huh... :violent-smiley-099:

....... he tried to sell me a KTM but I'm not a fan of those

i have heard many good things about KTM series..but i dont know why it's only restricted to the European region..may be due to the pricing scheme..

The compression is way to high to kick on a daily basis and if you have ever had a bike backfire you would know what I mean. If a 600cc backfires while your leg is on the kicker it could break your leg. KTMs are nice bikes. He tried to sell me the orange one in the pic but I don't like the looks and they are way too pricey. Have never ridden a KTM so far though. I'm not sure about the restrictions but most of them have big strong engines AFAIK.

Hi Guys

I can't help being quiet in this thread :)

I had 2 bikes in mine one was Honda CB125 JX , and CBR Huricane,

actually i don't like any Indian, Chinese, korean scrap.

i don't want to speak about CBR as most of your guys are aware about

i have sold it 3 years back. But CB125 JX is still in the junk yard

i would say even though it is 125CC it is a beast, i have tested and confirmed

you can hammer 125 CC discovery 150 CC pulsar without any game :)

that is why i love Japanese stuff rather than others

thanks

regards

sumith

Nice ride Ripper. Where abouts was this picture taken if you don't mind me asking. Since could see the sea on the background or is it mountains?

thanks mate. this was somewhere in haputhale on our way to lipton's seat! And it's the mountains you see from here though on a good day you can see the east coast from the haputhale town area!

51446157.jpg

i was leading the trail almost upto this point when my friend decided to be the point man :D

narrow shave for me cos i wasn't wearing any protection except for a pair of boots and gloves. My friend was wearing body armor and proper mx boots so nothing happened to the chap as he went off the trail and fell down a good 10ft or so into a dried up water path with rocks and stuff.

It took us a good 30-45 minutes to pull the bike up cos all we had was those plasticky ropes that don't grip that well in wet weather

So imagine riding these trails at night without proper lighting :D

Mr xr has a lighting upgrade kit from BajaDesigns taking the stock 35w plastic lens with crappy optics to a glass unit with 55w PIAA H3 :D

very good "driving light" with long narrow beam pattern but not so great in lighting up the sides...

which is something those fugly looking dual lights will do.

Edited by Ripper

Hi Guys

I can't help being quiet in this thread :)

I had 2 bikes in mine one was Honda CB125 JX , and CBR Huricane,

actually i don't like any Indian, Chinese, korean scrap.

i don't want to speak about CBR as most of your guys are aware about

i have sold it 3 years back. But CB125 JX is still in the junk yard

i would say even though it is 125CC it is a beast, i have tested and confirmed

you can hammer 125 CC discovery 150 CC pulsar without any game :)

that is why i love Japanese stuff rather than others

thanks

regards

sumith

I had a friend called sumith asanka,he also had that cb 125 jx and we used to call it kalu yaka....(btw u are not him ..aar? :angry-smiley-048: ) man that was one hell of a machine...it was more than 27 years old i think...but my god when he was on that bike he didnt like to see even a cop passing him on a suzuki 400... :unsure: he was a guy who even challenge a fat cop driving any Mbike....hih..hih..such a lunitic....... but in 2004 i guess he had a major restoration done including engine re boring....but after that the bike gave him some trouble.....but yes love to ride it again........

thanks mate. this was somewhere in haputhale on our way to lipton's seat! And it's the mountains you see from here though on a good day you can see the east coast from the haputhale town area!

51446157.jpg

i was leading the trail almost upto this point when my friend decided to be the point man :D

narrow shave for me cos i wasn't wearing any protection except for a pair of boots and gloves. My friend was wearing body armor and proper mx boots so nothing happened to the chap as he went off the trail and fell down a good 10ft or so into a dried up water path with rocks and stuff.

It took us a good 30-45 minutes to pull the bike up cos all we had was those plasticky ropes that don't grip that well in wet weather

So imagine riding these trails at night without proper lighting :D

Mr xr has a lighting upgrade kit from BajaDesigns taking the stock 35w plastic lens with crappy optics to a glass unit with 55w PIAA H3 :D

very good "driving light" with long narrow beam pattern but not so great in lighting up the sides...

yeap...fugly lights of the xr could be more than handy when it's coming to the real world dirt traveling...... :rolleyes:

and the mosquito like fugly lights will always keep us miles away from the doll like bikes (pulsars,,cbr's) which are only good for the guys who just wanna be show off type... :angry::D

<script src='http://img828.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=baja.jpg' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>baja.jpg</noscript>

Edited by lokulamaya