• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ohh...my Heart Beat Went Higher After Seen This Beauty...

lokulamaya

So if you love it sooo much, why are you selling this? :P

exactly :P

rather lame attempt too :P

and it's a 2500cc bike according to the advert... :P

also i have my doubts that this is a 2008 model as claimed...the tank, plastics etc all look a lot older in terms of design

newer XR's have different tanks AFAIK

On dual lights... I agree they don't serve much much purpose street riding but if you're into trail riding...those things truly light up the trail and can be a life saver especially on unknown terrain. I too use a lighting upgrade from bajadesigns and without that it's a bitch to ride in the night on bad roads you're not so familiar with. On looks wise they look quite horrible...especially when the handle is turned cos the lights are mounted to the frame and not to the forks.

But on pure lighting performance on trail riding conditions they are leagues ahead of other single unit stock bulbs

and yeah....i doubt he'll find a buyer for that price though the bike seems to be in good shape

So if you love it sooo much, why are you selling this? :P *Just a random guess...

holy cow...for heavens sake this is not my bike at all...i'm married to her little sister honda ax1 with small eyes... :angry-smiley-048::angry-smiley-048:

but honesly these bikes are really rare these days..even when u travel colombo day after day how many japaneese makes u see..couple of gn125 's may be..or rarely honda hornet or two..occasional cd125 benly or twin..

for me it's like seen a jaguar on a good sunday morning..... but if the indian plasic pukaras are attacking this island at this pace i dont know whether we could say to our childern "son there was a time where we had genuine bikes where we could actually call them bikes.. ..." :o :o

Edited by lokulamaya

Asking price is way too high and when it comes to dirt bikes double head lights don't turn me on. Sorry not my type of a girl :P

yep...agree with u completely...but when u see the price of indian junks (even thou they are brand new) i'm not surprised to see current Japanese bike owners ask for head scratching prices in the first place(it's not limited to Japanese bikes..Japanese vehicle scenario is the same)..just Look at the current price of a bajaj dicover..it's almost 1.8 laks.. what about pulsar 220..that is Rs 2,70000...for indian yamaha fz almost the same..

but in the other hand spare parts of the indian bikes are crazy cheap...u could a buy a New CDI unit for Rs 3500-4000.

but check this link for OEM spare parts for honda bikes (for nx 250 /ax1)

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years...ssemblies/8516#

i'll just highlight some parts...for the seat of honda nx 250 it will cost about $359.33 , just look at the frame price it's $900.50.Yes check again us$ 900 fot the bloody frame.....

ok forget the frame look at the starter motor it's $366.97(i saw $ 600 for the same starter motor in anoter site) .. and look at the speedo meter price it's $341.33...... So i think the prices of the spares it self talk the quality machan..not just honda..but suzuki, yamaha....etc..

also i have my doubts that this is a 2008 model as claimed...the tank, plastics etc all look a lot older in terms of design

On dual lights... I agree they don't serve much much purpose street riding but if you're into trail riding...those things truly light up the trail and can be a life saver especially on unknown terrain. I too use a lighting upgrade from bajadesigns and without that it's a bitch to ride in the night on bad roads you're not so familiar with. On looks wise they look quite horrible...especially when the handle is turned cos the lights are mounted to the frame and not to the forks.

But on pure lighting performance on trail riding conditions they are leagues ahead of other single unit stock bulbs

and yeah....i doubt he'll find a buyer for that price though the bike seems to be in good shape

machang this bike is definitely not 2008....

sorry mate for late feedback..yes i think digital meters also came in the early 2000's for the XR (any wayz pre 2002 i guess).

any how most guys are importing bikes and ride them without the registration..if they somehow able to keep the bike about 1-2 years without registering the bike price normally goes up around 50,000 for the famous models..(like XR,AX1 val model,Hornet ...etc)..I cant exact say any thing about the tank issue..but cant see properly from the distance..

and about headlight issue..partly true machan...it's depend machan..XR is infact very all(taller than the djbel,raid from atleast several cm's)..so if u fit the white light it's a night mare to vehical drivers...and it's true about the riding condition..absolute marvelous.indian junks can't come even close to the engine performane & durability of a properly maintained jap bike..

and for the price issue..yep last month i went on a bike hunt to wennappuwa ..if they notice that u are from colombo area they will quickly raise the price more than 5000(some times more than 10,000 for a real white rabbit)..and sometimes their paint works are almost same to the original paint sometimes a paint bass fellow can not distinguish a repainted one..those a$$ holes are no1 in that aspect.. forget to say tyre issue...mmm they could simply take a solder iron and beautifully craft a nice design on the rear tyre and fool the innocent buyer.. so that's about japaneese trails...........

Edited by lokulamaya

Haha ok then, wrong assumption ;) lol

Anyways I don't think it is appropriate to open a thread about a classified ad posted here. Coz your promoting or doing the opposite by starting a discussion about it here... Anyways I think AX1 looks way better than this...

Anyways I don't think it is appropriate to open a thread about a classified ad posted here. Coz your promoting or doing the opposite by starting a discussion about it here... Anyways I think AX1 looks way better than this...

Well-said mate ! :grinning-smiley-003:

OK..OK...my bad i guess.........but i was unable to get away from the keyboard when i saw this add... :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

This is an interesting topic...looks wise, it depends on the individual taste ..but as u said i also like the funny looks of the ax1..(specially the ax1 Non val model...it's a treat to watch the white allow wheels with it's weird round eyes.. )but a motorbike mechanic would always love to repair an XR , over a AX1 cause it's bloody tough to remove an engine component from the ax1..u have to pull out several surrounding parts to remove one item...also parts unavailability of the ax1 is another issue..

Edited by lokulamaya

sorry mate for late feedback..yes i think digital meters also came in the early 2000's for the XR (any wayz pre 2002 i guess).

any how most guys are importing bikes and ride them without the registration..if they somehow able to keep the bike about 1-2 years without registering the bike price normally goes up around 50,000 for the famous models..(like XR,AX1 val model,Hornet ...etc)..I cant exact say any thing about the tank issue..but cant see properly from the distance..

and about headlight issue..partly true machan...it's depend machan..XR is infact very all(taller than the djbel,raid from atleast several cm's)..so if u fit the white light it's a night mare to vehical drivers...and it's true about the riding condition..absolute marvelous.indian junks can't come even close to the engine performane & durability of a properly maintained jap bike..

and for the price issue..yep last month i went on a bike hunt to wennappuwa ..if they notice that u are from colombo area they will quickly raise the price more than 5000(some times more than 10,000 for a real white rabbit)..and sometimes their paint works are almost same to the original paint sometimes a paint bass fellow can not distinguish a repainted one..those a$$ holes are no1 in that aspect.. forget to say tyre issue...mmm they could simply take a solder iron and beautifully craft a nice design on the rear tyre and fool the innocent buyer.. so that's about japaneese trails...........

actually digital speedos came on mid 90's XR's. I have a 1996 Model and that too came with the digi speedo. Not a big fan of that though cos it's tough to get a readout when you're riding fast in harsh sunlight. There are after market ones that claim to have fixed the issue. But this is not a worry if you're not into endurance riding...5~6hours+ on the saddle :)

And for the record....in almost every aspect the XR's are superior to AX-1's. And personally i don't like the AX-1 styling that much though there seems to be fans who see the other way here :)

On the headlights...if you look at endurance rallies like the famous Baja1000...almost every pro rider use the dual hid headlight configuration. XR's have dominated the Baja races and that's the reason for honda to release a "baja" pronounced Baha imitating the rally bike. :)

Although i too dont like the looks...those lights really really gets the job done. But that is if you're into riding trails and bad roads.

I know this from experience cos i i ride with frineds about once an year on 4-6 days trips way out of congested areas etc...and in those areas looks achieve nothing and performance is what matters :) gotta say my XR hasn't failed me as yet and none of the other XR's have failed eithers...we did have some trouble with a djebel though :P

So if you're into riding in it's true sense on a bike like an XR...dual lights is a huge advantage. And adjusting it so that you don't blind others is a minor matter.

And very true in what you say about indian, chinese junks flooding the market and our roads. It's becoming very rare to see a well maintained good bike over 125cc not purely used for commuting. I feel the offroad bike segment have taken the bigger hit there too cos those are the rarest...

and apologies for mistaking your initial post as a lame butt attempt to market that bike :P