• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Side Mirror

tombo

i want change the position of side mirrors in my car ( EE96 Toyota Corolla 1991). Presently it was fixed on the side of the bonnet, plan to remove it and fix compatible one to door like other cars, But i have problem about what will be the vision after fixing side mirrors to doors. pls advice

Thanking you

i want change the position of side mirrors in my car ( EE96 Toyota Corolla 1991). Presently it was fixed on the side of the bonnet, plan to remove it and fix compatible one to door like other cars, But i have problem about what will be the vision after fixing side mirrors to doors. pls advice

Thanking you

done properly i don't think you'd have any issues at all.

best is to get the "new" mirrors and maybe duct tape it to the car and check before committing to the final setup

There won't be much of an issue in terms of visibility once you get used to it (in fact its gonna be more nearer plus clearer) & am sure it'll look neat on the ride that way.

Do what Ripper suggests & better take the ride along when selecting a suitable / compatible pair.

Edited by EVO_Croozer

Might vary between approx 3500/= to 5000/= I guess depending on the quality.

BTW Power mirrors may be above 5000/- as I recall.

I recently got a pair of EP81's for 3000/= after bit of bargaining.

Edited by EVO_Croozer

Might vary between approx 3500/= to 5000/= I guess depending on the quality.

BTW Power mirrors may be above 5000/- as I recall.

I recently got a pair of EP81's for 3000/= after bit of bargaining.

you should be able to get power mirrors from an ae100 for about 3k to 3.5k per piece

manuals should be cheaper

Never understood why in many cars the mirrors were fixed on the bonnet in the first place. I understand that you don't need to turn your head as much, but it's far away from the eys and you'd almost certainly have to get someone else to adjust them for you as you sat in the vehicle.

Edit: Nevermind, think I found some answers http://ask.metafilter.com/44586/Fenderhood...ed-side-mirrors

Edited by SeanD

Never understood why in many cars the mirrors were fixed on the bonnet in the first place. I understand that you don't need to turn your head as much, but it's far away from the eys and you'd almost certainly have to get someone else to adjust them for you as you sat in the vehicle.

Edit: Nevermind, think I found some answers http://ask.metafilter.com/44586/Fenderhood...ed-side-mirrors

well this might sound stupid but i always thought those were there since the bonnets of those cars are somewhat longer so the mirrors helped the driver to see the front end of the car as well.... admittedly i have never driven one myself know if this indeed the case or not :P