• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Be Aware!somebody Tries To Manipulate The Second Hand Market With Fake Advertistments

TURBOMAN

You are absolutley right!!!! Before this tax nonsense came about, we were a happy family who were bickering over Bare Butt Dynos, Loud Stereos, how fast have you gone, how much mileage per litre, When the next boozefest, drags, etc... but then with the drop in taxes, we started seeing a different breed of Forum members... some of them are Agents little errand boys promoting crappy Indian cars, some of them were tech savvy yet moronic Brokers who were trying to get a feel of whats out there in the cyber world when it comes to cars, and then there is another bunch of losers who are clueless about most cars, drives imaginary GTRs, would not know a cranskshaft if one was used to sodomize them, BUT feints knowledge of car prices, tax brackets, japanese auctions, ect, ect....

Honestly mate, most of the members here care about the actual working of the machine... not the tax, the cost, the resale value, not the liters per KM or Km per litre or whatever, not what the Gampaha sale is selling at, what the Kohuwala sale is asking for or whatever, or who asked for what from who and got screwed by whom becasue of some rust on the damn car.

The Mafia you refer to is a figment of your own imagination and if exists, you may be one of them.

Honestly, all you see on AL now is FUEL CONSUMPTION, TAX, NEW PRICE, OLD PRICE and lame ass attempts by some moron trying to promote his own rust bucket!!!

Compared to you lot, I'd rather debate with Sylvi as at least he is knowledgeable on something!

very very VERY true...i couldn't have put it better myself! :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are absolutley right!!!! Before this tax nonsense came about, we were a happy family who were bickering over Bare Butt Dynos, Loud Stereos, how fast have you gone, how much mileage per litre, When the next boozefest, drags, etc... but then with the drop in taxes, we started seeing a different breed of Forum members... some of them are Agents little errand boys promoting crappy Indian cars, some of them were tech savvy yet moronic Brokers who were trying to get a feel of whats out there in the cyber world when it comes to cars, and then there is another bunch of losers who are clueless about most cars, drives imaginary GTRs, would not know a cranskshaft if one was used to sodomize them, BUT feints knowledge of car prices, tax brackets, japanese auctions, ect, ect....

Honestly mate, most of the members here care about the actual working of the machine... not the tax, the cost, the resale value, not the liters per KM or Km per litre or whatever, not what the Gampaha sale is selling at, what the Kohuwala sale is asking for or whatever, or who asked for what from who and got screwed by whom becasue of some rust on the damn car.

The Mafia you refer to is a figment of your own imagination and if exists, you may be one of them.

Honestly, all you see on AL now is FUEL CONSUMPTION, TAX, NEW PRICE, OLD PRICE and lame ass attempts by some moron trying to promote his own rust bucket!!!

Compared to you lot, I'd rather debate with Sylvi as at least he is knowledgeable on something!

Well said! I was thinking this myself the last few days....

you forgot the segment who were even more concerned about what the price was BEFORE the tax drop rather than after..

That is quite a welcoming reply. Thanks :) Oh by the way what made you to think that this poor sole is also part of the Mafia?

Well said! I was thinking this myself the last few days....

you forgot the segment who were even more concerned about what the price was BEFORE the tax drop rather than after..

yeah...it's kinda boring now with mostly tax, price and fuel efficacy related stuff and very little petrolhead stuff being debated and discussed.

i think the only interesting thread to me at the moment is that Mani's truck build project... one thread to look forward to :(

yeah...it's kinda boring now with mostly tax, price and fuel efficacy related stuff and very little petrolhead stuff being debated and discussed.

i think the only interesting thread to me at the moment is that Mani's truck build project... one thread to look forward to :(

totally... Its a slow day at work for me too, and i'd welcome any thread thats genuinly automotive-related :)

I am still trying to understand the logic behind your first comment? Hmmm.... :unsure:

Logic? isn't that way off your scale :P

i mean first it was your very "illogical" assumption of the second hand market crashing and that too to the point of wanting to see Harshan put his foot in his mouth!

Then the latest is this shoring up this absurd argument of a Mafia and that being present in this forum...

simple supply vs demand scenario here and nothing more than that...certainly not a stupid mafia that you guys like to see for some childish reasons :P

maybe if you stopped being obsessed and narrow minded over a few models like those and hence creating a greater demand for them, the prices would go down.

If you are want luxury and class and more than what a corolla offer and think that the only option is an allion, and have 3.5 mil pt in another 100k and buy this...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=33449

or this and save some cash...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=34990

or 2 of these

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=17772

:unsure: but what about the fuel consumption :unsure:

:violent-smiley-099:

:unsure: but what about the fuel consumption :unsure:

:violent-smiley-099:

ah yes... well, if fuel efficiency is THE issue, why not buy 4 marutis 800s. But since you asked, the the 320Ds are known to be pretty good on fuel to begin with... AFAIK, they do between 9-12 kmpl in city traffic. Which is about the same as an alion i guess... oh but wait the E46 is a diesel, so even cheaper. Mercedes aint that bad on fuel either, but then again you're getting a totally different league of comfort and elegance. And for the price you pay, the E36 is a steal too.

Sadly some people have toyota/nissan logos imprinted in their brains so hard,everything else would have some fault... sorry but you really cant help those cases... and its their money, their car there petrol.. all we can do is give our opinions..

Man if you're THAT worried, park the car at home and take the bus... you dont have to worry about driving, one comes along every five minutes and best of all its cheap!

oh dear... I was being sarcastic! :rolleyes:

I am conscious about efficiency to the extent that it can be a warning on some due maintenance but otherwise it's quite low on my priority list in deciding what car to buy. Was even considering a car that was only supposed to do 6km/l (although I think it ought to do better)

Edited by Sifaan

what mafia mate...

when it comes to used cars...people have paid higher prices to acquire them under previous tax rate prices so you can't expect them to be willing loose a couple of laks barely months after this new taxing came in.

if you have a car and paid a higher price earlier are you willing to loose a few laks in selling it now?

especially when you know there's still a demand for such cars and people are still willing to buy them

It's nothing about a seller trying to be vampires and all that childish stuff...

If you don't like a car for a certain price...walk away... end of story.

that seller is not trying to shove in down you throat now does he.

he simply want to recover as much money he can from his car which is not immoral or illegal.

This seller bashing maybe cool but it doesn't make much sense unless you're one of those really cool chaps whose willing to loose out when selling your own car.

Well said. If the price is not within your budget or too high walk away.

really? i didnt sense any sarcasm about that in either your wording OR the smilies.. yeah.. so nevermind...

Sorry; I thought the rolling eyes was the most appropriate smiley, although I guess sticking the tongue out might've been better

oh dear... I was being sarcastic! :rolleyes:

I am conscious about efficiency to the extent that it can be a warning on some due maintenance but otherwise it's quite low on my priority list in deciding what car to buy. Was even considering a car that was only supposed to do 6km/l (although I think it ought to do better)

Oh dear... really?

You were being SARCASTIC were you?

Our bad, we TOTALLY didnt get it!

Sorry; I thought the rolling eyes was the most appropriate smiley, although I guess sticking the tongue out might've been better

I as talking about your initial post which you claimed to have been sarcastic in.

And :unsure::violent-smiley-099: dont show sarcasm.

rolling eyes after everything was said and done doesnt help. :P and trying to roll a blanket over it now doesnt help either :P

Anyway, lets get back to the evil fake advertisers now :D

I as talking about your initial post which you claimed to have been sarcastic in.

And :unsure::violent-smiley-099: dont show sarcasm.

rolling eyes after everything was said and done doesnt help. :P and trying to roll a blanket over it now doesnt help either :P

Anyway, lets get back to the evil fake advertisers now :D

Ah, no wonder the confusion. This :unsure: is unsure.

This is sarcasm :rolleyes: