• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Be Aware!somebody Tries To Manipulate The Second Hand Market With Fake Advertistments

TURBOMAN

Hello my friends

I want you all to be aware of a new stratergie implemented by car sale persons or somebody who wants to manipulate the 2nd hand car market.

There was a add for Toyota Vitz year2000(in #####),and i made a call within no time i got the data.But the car was sold out for 1975000/=.Do you believe this?

I was so curious and wanted to find the place and went there on Sunday. It was a car sale in Kandy and the place was closed and i asked the details of the vehicle from a boy who was cleaning some vehicles in side.he said "we hadnt Vitz with us since around 5 months time"

That was not funny.This is pathetic.I think this is a another plan of this Mafia.What do you think?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello my friends

I want you all to be aware of a new stratergie implemented by car sale persons or somebody who wants to manipulate the 2nd hand car market.

There was a add for Toyota Vitz year2000(in #####),and i made a call within no time i got the data.But the car was sold out for 1975000/=.Do you believe this?

I was so curious and wanted to find the place and went there on Sunday. It was a car sale in Kandy and the place was closed and i asked the details of the vehicle from a boy who was cleaning some vehicles in side.he said "we hadnt Vitz with us since around 5 months time"

That was not funny.This is pathetic.I think this is a another plan of this Mafia.What do you think?

i have heard similar stories about salesman in kohuwala with regard to civics. i believe your story. but then again da kind of people tempted to spend nearly 2 mil on a 10 year old half a car deserves no better...

i have heard similar stories about salesman in kohuwala with regard to civics. i believe your story. but then again da kind of people tempted to spend nearly 2 mil on a 10 year old half a car deserves no better...

couldnt agree more...

But sadly like it or not this only creates a chain reaction where everything else is also jacked up proportionality...

Edited by Dilesh

Hello my friends

Just to clarify... what you're saying is they lied about the car? Just to bump up the prices?

But wouldnt that affect the prices they trade in these same vehicles? because due to their bogus schemes if the price is artificially hyped and gets established in the market, buyers who trade in would also require a higher valuation on their vehicle. I may be wrong, just a thought

Just to clarify... what you're saying is they lied about the car? Just to bump up the prices?

that's doesn't make a lot of sense now does it! just one guy or even a handful for that matter falsely advertising a few cars will not have any impact of the second hand market. it's not the first time a few folks here and there asking for exuberant prices for cars. And it's also not that uncommon for people to pay above average prices for certain cars...

Well thats what i have understood by this incident.Do you see something else?I came in to this decition because,

1.Vitz 2000 quoted 19.75lks sold out within no time(The buyer must be a mad hatter)

2.Suspiciouse statement of the Cleaning boy

well there are quite a few possibilities here as far as i can see...

1.maybe the car was sold for less that what the guy told you. quite a few sellers are more open to bargaining when they see hard cash

2.maybe an ill informed buyer though the car was worth that price...over paying isn't so uncommon too

3.car was super loaded in excellent nick

4.the cleaning boy doesn't know what a vitz is

5.car sale owner had a private deal and didn't bring the car to the sale

Also there is a possibility that he had the ad running even after he sold the car. The newspaper gives you a discount if you have a long running ad, and you can pick the dates you want it to be published.

Also there is a possibility that he had the ad running even after he sold the car. The newspaper gives you a discount if you have a long running ad, and you can pick the dates you want it to be published.

Are you sure. May be in the states but not in LK

Well, I can understand doing that for a slow moving model, but I think you only need to advertise a Vitz once to sell it.

well there are quite a few possibilities here as far as i can see...

1.maybe the car was sold for less that what the guy told you. quite a few sellers are more open to bargaining when they see hard cash

2.maybe an ill informed buyer though the car was worth that price...over paying isn't so uncommon too

3.car was super loaded in excellent nick

4.the cleaning boy doesn't know what a vitz is

5.car sale owner had a private deal and didn't bring the car to the sale

Another one to add to the list is, seller do not fancy disclosing exact sales figures with strangers. I personnaly don't see anything worng with that. Are you confatable telling strangers your monthly salary detials?

we cannot underestimate the effect of some advertisement in very high visibility hitad or even AL by an organised few. the effect is in other sellers also increasing the prices in greed. there is actually so much room for such increases in prices because there are no enuf supply of used jap cars due to past tax regimes. then we can also start to argue that these bloated prices are indeed realistic to some degree reflecting current market realities.

Another one to add to the list is, seller do not fancy disclosing exact sales figures with strangers. I personnaly don't see anything worng with that. Are you confatable telling strangers your monthly salary detials?

Bravo to that mate :grinning-smiley-003:

Guys, I had a vitz, 2001, 70km, sec-alarm, 4 speakers, new battery, new brake pads.

I was looking around 16.4m the first person who came to see the car offered me 16.1m. So the car was sold by 12 noon on the same day I advertised.

I sold the car to get a new vitz around 2m-2.15m. ultimately after selling my old car the unregistered car price went up and up due to greedy car sale people and the importers. Ultimately I had to spend 2.5m to get a 2007 car.

I am sure the guy who sold the car to me have brought down the car to 1.9-2m???!!!

im on a hunt for a Corolla 110 or a Nissan Pulsar i called some of the ads in last weeks Hitad....some of the numbers dont work & all the others r sold....

Join the club mate... trying since Sunday to call a joker who has advertised... phone rings but no one answers.

What a bunch of losers.

Join the club mate... trying since Sunday to call a joker who has advertised... phone rings but no one answers.

What a bunch of losers.

Maybe they've sold the car and can't be bothered to answer 50 calls a day and say the same thing?

It may be more polite to answer and say the car is sold, but I know what it's like to be on the other end and it's a PITA