• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why Second Hand Honda Civics Selling Like Hot Cakes?

Lance

When there's an advertisement that a civic is about to sell..and when we call it they say it has been already sold..and even a Toyota corolla won't go that fast...Why the hell is Honda civics are hard to catch? :unsure:

(lately i was trying on a secondhand ES8 2005..and called few ...say already sold..what the hell...) will there be a chance in the upcoming days at least a vehicle gonna stay for a week by not getting picked? :wacko:

Edited by Lance

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When there's an advertisement that a civic is about to sell..and when we call it they say it has been already sold..and even a Toyota corolla won't go that fast...Why the hell is Honda civics are hard to catch? :unsure:

(lately i was trying on a secondhand ES8 2005..and called few ...say already sold..what the hell...) will there be a chance in the upcoming days at least a vehicle gonna stay for a week by not getting picked? :blink: )

Any car in a good enough condition will sell quickly, regardless of whether its a Toyota or Honda. When I put my car in the papers, I got calls as early as 5:30 am and buyers were showing up at my door an hour later!!! So, you just have to be lucky. And patient.

main reasons is since 2005 or so very few civics have come down and for the honda loving public who used to get a healthy supply of civics now have no enuf car supply to upgrade unto. even now while thousands of axios arrive, da number of civics are only a handful. so no wonder. but as always the mafia also plays their game to pronounce the effects.

Dude, WTF? Three threads? merging.

Here's some advice, have some patience! Both on the forums and in the car hunting!

And make sure you wake up earlier and get the papers earlier next week. And check the Autolanka classifieds everyday.

Edited by Pericles

I put my es1 2004 FL one on 29 th on the paper thinking of adding on auto Lanka on the following day. It's like hot KEWUM and sold on the same day at 10.00 A./M.

If there is so much demand, doesn't it mean you could hold out a few days in order to get a higher price?

Still i get phone calls :D

the annoying thing about selling via papers is that you can't delist the ad... :unsure:

If there is so much demand, doesn't it mean you could hold out a few days in order to get a higher price?

the annoying thing about selling via papers is that you can't delist the ad... :unsure:

You can't expect un realistic values for a used car. If the offer is reasonable you don't have to wait , just dispose rather than waiting for weeks for another few thousands. That's it.

You can't expect un realistic values for a used car. If the offer is reasonable you don't have to wait , just dispose rather than waiting for weeks for another few thousands. That's it.

100 % agreed, when I adveritsed my EK 3 for 1.3 mn two months back, very first buyer came gave the advance and brought the buddy in the same day afternoon. I repented that I 'd have quoted bit high though <_< ( now I see same condition ones advertised now for 1.4 M +)

It's always a pride driving a HONDA. If it was common like other vehicles you would not get that feeling. That's why it says HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS !!!!!!!

Umm... Honda is one of the most common car brands on the road.

It's always a pride driving a HONDA. If it was common like other vehicles you would not get that feeling. That's why it says HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS !!!!!!!

I know.. when every other tom dick and harry is either driving a mercedes, bmw, fiat, or even those peugeots i can only stand and laugh about why they choose such common cars.

Ohh i saw a eg8 parked at the MC carpark this morning.. if anyone wants to take a look at that rare beauty, better rush there fast!

I know.. when every other tom dick and harry is either driving a mercedes, bmw, fiat, or even those peugeots i can only stand and laugh about why they choose such common cars.

Ohh i saw a eg8 parked at the MC carpark this morning.. if anyone wants to take a look at that rare beauty, better rush there fast!

Yeah, have you seen all the Aston Martins on the road recently? So common. Not like these exclusive civics. :rolleyes: