• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vios

neilw

Is the Vios that is in Sri Lanka assembled in Thailand?

What is the highest Trim level?

If any of you use/used a Vios, what is your opinion about the comfort, fuel consumption, "driving pleasure"?

Any idea about the current selling price for a 2003,2004 Vios?

Its always nice to get an opinion from people who knows the subject.

Thanks!

Bro,

Yes Vios is manufactures in Thailand and the cars that comes to Sri Lanka from Singapore.

Vios is a good car on fuel economy and my one does around 11km/ltr with AC on and in traffic. I have seen many advertistments claiming it goes to 14 km/lts in city but I doubt. But for sure it does around 11-12 in city if you maintain in properly.

Vios is not the most comfortable car in terms of suspension but it is not a bad car to drive. But is notories for sluge in VVT valve and you need to maintain it properly.

All in all I am satisfied with the car specailly if you consider value for money. But I dont think now Vios are imported and next generation of Vios is called Belta.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=35036

But I dont think now Vios are imported and next generation of Vios is called Belta.

Vios was a car for South East Asia / South Asia market, was not sold in Japan. (if there are recons, they are from Singapore etc)

Next generation car is the Yaris; that has a JDM version called Belta.

Bro,

Yes Vios is manufactures in Thailand and the cars that comes to Sri Lanka from Singapore.

Vios is a good car on fuel economy and my one does around 11km/ltr with AC on and in traffic. I have seen many advertistments claiming it goes to 14 km/lts in city but I doubt. But for sure it does around 11-12 in city if you maintain in properly.

Vios is not the most comfortable car in terms of suspension but it is not a bad car to drive. But is notories for sluge in VVT valve and you need to maintain it properly.

All in all I am satisfied with the car specailly if you consider value for money. But I dont think now Vios are imported and next generation of Vios is called Belta.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=35036

hey machan

Belta is JDM comes with 1.3 engine.new vios looks like belta comes with 1.5 engine

Thanks everybody.

I really like the looks. Want to replace my Swift 2004 with a Vios.

The Vios is a good car. I've been using a 2004 Vios for the past 3 years. No issues at all. Very reliable. I heard a lot of bad things about the Vios such as suspension problems and so on before buying it, but I didn't have any such issues. After replacing the stock air-filter with a K&N high air flow filter, there has been a tremendous power boost as well. Having said that, I have to add that I'm a maintenance freak; so the vehicle has been looked after like a baby. So, I don't know whether Vios cars which haven't been looked after well will be in good condition or not.

The Vios is a good car. I've been using a 2004 Vios for the past 3 years. No issues at all. Very reliable. I heard a lot of bad things about the Vios such as suspension problems and so on before buying it, but I didn't have any such issues. After replacing the stock air-filter with a K&N high air flow filter, there has been a tremendous power boost as well. Having said that, I have to add that I'm a maintenance freak; so the vehicle has been looked after like a baby. So, I don't know whether Vios cars which haven't been looked after well will be in good condition or not.

+1

I have used a Vios 2003 (auto) for 2.5 years...Very good car with very little maintenance.....I have only replaced front shocks, plugs & air filters during this period. No major repairs were done....It did 10-11 l/km in city and 13km in outstations....Appearance of the vehicle is worth for 2.5Mn, Specially if it is Black & bodykitted...

If you can buy a Vios (Auto) in good condition for less than Rs.2.45Mn then go for it...A month ago I have also seen that Vios (Auto) cars selling around Rs.2.4Mn. But during the last few weeks again the prices of both reg & unreg vehicles have gone up. Generally Black and Wine Red colors are high in value (Around Rs.150K more than other colors) Further Gold/Orange color Vios has a low market value compared to others....Don't worry about the bodykit as it can be add for about 50k with the spoiler....

• 3 years later...
QUOTE (neilw @ Aug 23 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks everybody.

I really like the looks. Want to replace my Swift 2004 with a Vios.

What is the model number you use 'K&N high air flow filter ' for vios Thanks!

I treat my Vios like crap, mainly because I consider it a tool and not a status symbol/investment. It has stood up to all the abuse that I've put it through the past 3 years, so much so that I'm reluctant to get rid of it for something newer/flashier.