• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Suzuki For 18 Kmpl ?

Sumiya

Hi Guys

Yesterday saw a Hoarding near Gangarama Temple, there is a new car coming from suzuki sedan claiming that

it will do around 18KMPL on , has any one noticed or bought this car,it looks to a suzuki Liana .

i cant remember its model name , i guess it it is realy doing that KMPL that will definitely may have a good market here

thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi Guys

Yesterday saw a Hoarding near Gangarama Temple, there is a new car coming from suzuki sedan claiming that

it will do around 18KMPL on , has any one noticed or bought this car,it looks to a suzuki Liana .

i cant remember its model name , i guess it it is realy doing that KMPL that will definitely may have a good market here

thanks

Regards

sumith

Didn't see the hoarding yet.. But they have a new arrival called 'A-Star' which does 19Kmpl according to them. But it's a hatchback. So could it be the new SX4 which comes as a sedan model? But, It's a bit hard to believe that a sedan would do 18Kmpl isn't it?

all these figures claimed by the manufacturers are aquired via the rolling road test in their factories..real world figures are much more lower...so dont expect miracles.

OR they could be doing what GM and other american brands did in the sixties...which is to let the marketing people come up with BHP and fuel figures off the top of their heads.

Edited by MasterDon

Hi Guys

thanks

Regards

sumith

you still keep on falling for "claimed to be' fuel efficiency figures? the figure mentioned for marketing purposes is achieved under heavy testing conditions, say speed up the vehicle up to 60~70 on a straight test track and start measuring fuel consumption which completely different to the actual figures it might be getting on mixed conditions.

all these figures claimed by the manufacturers are aquired via the rolling road test in their factories..real world figures are much more lower...so dont expect miracles.

OR they could be doing what GM and other american brands did in the sixties...which is to let the marketing people come up with BHP and fuel figures off the top of their heads.

you beat me to it :D

Not even a Maruti 800 will give you 18kmpl in Colombo. So, unless you wanna get out and push, I doubt that this new sedan will do as much as advertised.

Hi Guys

Yes correct , i believe it will not do much as they says, and they had a statement below it "tested under certain conditions"

so probably they might tell (below 2500 RPM between 20-40KMPH ) :D ,

for this you don't want a car either a foot cycle or even a good bullock cart with good bull will do the same :P

thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi Guys

thanks

Regards

sumith

I guess they are claiming those values from the motorway miles . Maybe you will get something nearer value when driving out station but certainly not in Colombo .

I use to get 17-18KMPL from a Nissan march 1.3L outside SL ,while the same engine gave me 9-10 KMPL in SL. Even when I go out station it never went that high .Maybe something to do with fuel as well.

I guess they are claiming those values from the motorway miles . Maybe you will get something nearer value when driving out station but certainly not in Colombo .

I use to get 17-18KMPL from a Nissan march 1.3L outside SL ,while the same engine gave me 9-10 KMPL in SL. Even when I go out station it never went that high .Maybe something to do with fuel as well.

Yepe, Most probably it could be fuel too.. and the other think is that our road system too... i don't know whether you believe or not the cross lane that i am turning to my house is much better and smoother and comfortable drive than colombo kandy main road :) . other think there(cross road) i saw they have marked a pedestrian cross but not the kandy colombo road that we had pedestrian cross earlier :angry:

thanks

Regards

sumith

Just cos a manufacturer advertise it at 18kmpl they dont give a warrenty or anything of that sort simply cos its unfeasible to test it in the various real life conditions (for them) and for us to prove otherwise.

But slightly OT, we sri lankans seem to be willing to give arm or a leg for an extra 1kmpl when there is pleanty of other aspects in life that one can save a couple of hundred/thousand bucks a month. Hell, a person can easily save over half your trasnport cost if he simply leaves his car at home and maybe takes that shuttle bus service to Colombo, or even take some other office transport service. Yet we seem to want to be posh enough goto work in our own car (only to later complain that we get only 8kmpl).

Just cos a manufacturer advertise it at 18kmpl they dont give a warrenty or anything of that sort simply cos its unfeasible to test it in the various real life conditions (for them) and for us to prove otherwise.

But slightly OT, we sri lankans seem to be willing to give arm or a leg for an extra 1kmpl when there is pleanty of other aspects in life that one can save a couple of hundred/thousand bucks a month. Hell, a person can easily save over half your trasnport cost if he simply leaves his car at home and maybe takes that shuttle bus service to Colombo, or even take some other office transport service. Yet we seem to want to be posh enough goto work in our own car (only to later complain that we get only 8kmpl).

Thats why I take a shuttle to work and leave my 7kmpl at home :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I went to Wellwaaya with 4 rather hefty people and their luggage through Haputhale and back in one full tank in a car that weighs almost 1.5 tons in absolute comfort and was ripping the roads all the way up and down... I never looked at what the KMPL was but all I knew was I had about 1/6th of the tank left when I came back.. enough for 2 days of commuting to work and back.

Hows that for prudent driving with a kick ass 2.5 liter 6 pot engine?

I still wonder why people still pull their hair over a few Kms per liter... ;)

Live a little!!!

What are you all planning to do with the saved gas? Use it for your funeral pyre?

I have come up with some great ideas after seeing so many people worrying too much about their km/l figures.

• Shered some weight from your car by removing all un nessary things such as spare wheel, tools and any luggage in the boot. For people who wanna go the extra mile and do not take any passangers around try getting rid of your passanger and rear seats. Should help you cut some kilos hence more kms for a liter
  • When you are going down a hill always knock it in to nutural and roll all the way down. Take advantages of the fly overs in Dehiwala and Nugegoda if you travel in that route.
  • Make sure to threten the guy at the pump and tell him not to play tricks as you already know the game well enough.
  • If you have access to a lab try to pinch a beaker or measuring jar and ask the guy at the pump to pump into that and you could transfer it into the tank. The pain should be worth the extra kms.
  • Try to get up early in the morning and go to office since you don't wanna get caught to the school traffic which is a massive disaster for your km/l. You should also leave office around 11pm while the roads barely have any one to make even more savings on your fuel bill. I'm sure your boss will be impressed.
  • Try not to use A/C. Try to get hold of one of those small DC fans which work on a car battrey. Should keep you cool enough. If you don't know where to get one of these fans ask the three wheelar guys around Maradana area and they should be able to give you a hand.
  • You could also get rid of some parts such as starter mortor and battrey. try to install a crank shaft instead of your starter motor and if you wanna keep your motor but happy to shred your battrey (they are quite heavy you see) make sure you have people around to give you a push when you wanna start. Keeping light weighted jumper cables in the car could also come handy.
  • Last but not least try to go to a good gym to get rid of those extra kilos. Will keep you healthy and give you more kms at the pump.

Hope these tips help. Just for fun, no offence intended :P

PS - If any one wants unrealistic numbers from their vehicle they have been asked to contact Crisco Nihal in order to have a fiddle with their ECU to down/up grade it. for people who don't know him "Some say he works for Crisco and some say he has a down graded Allion which is extremely cool but all we know is he is called Nihal." :angry-smiley-048:

Edited by Skyline R33

Ok, I went to Wellwaaya with 4 rather hefty people and their luggage through Haputhale and back in one full tank in a car that weighs almost 1.5 tons in absolute comfort and was ripping the roads all the way up and down... I never looked at what the KMPL was but all I knew was I had about 1/6th of the tank left when I came back.. enough for 2 days of commuting to work and back.

Hows that for prudent driving with a kick ass 2.5 liter 6 pot engine?

I still wonder why people still pull their hair over a few Kms per liter... ;)

Live a little!!!

What are you all planning to do with the saved gas? Use it for your funeral pyre?

+1

I understand that people may want to save a few bucks but it really becomes too much to take when 7 out of 10 threads active is a fuel consumption thread!

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys

thanks

Regards

sumith

hi frnd...dat board is about swift Dzire.not about a star.