• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Installing And Wiring Led Strips

A6 Quad

Question

i have got down 4 x 48led strips from ebay,but im quite confused how to wire it up.iv no experience regarding electronics and i find it difficult to understand what people say in other posts/forums regarding wiring.( FUSE,GROUND and all tehse various terms which makes me ill.)

to be honest im afraid to play around with my car's electrical system.one of my pal advised me that sometimes i may ruin the fuse or something regarding that.

so i just wanted to know whether are there good places to get this done in safe+ neat way?for a low cost(im still a schooling :D )

i want something like this interior neon.iv got the led's,2 for the front,2 for the rear.which could be controlled with switch!

despuesij5.jpg

and im planning to do this with my mom's sprinter(1995),if this goes well then sure on my dads A6.

Question- i wont be using this all the time..just before going to a party or some appropriate occasions,so would my battery get drained if i use em even if the engine is started?im sure that i wont face any problems with the audi..but what about the old toyota? please educate me on this topic.

thanks alot..

thanks in advance

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thats if you connect them all in parallel. I dont know how they are connected within, but I'm sure they took into consideration the fact that the bulb cluster has to run on a car battery while not disrupting the car's other electricity requirements.

Yes U 4 Correct . only depend of the voltage you supllied. as Blue LED need 4.v Voltage, Only can set 3 LED s in a serial line.\\ :mellow:

leddiag1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nicely put, Dilesh... :)

I have had great results with chicks when you make them laugh and take them out to a great meal. When tummies fill, skirts fall... :)

LEDs just don't cut it.

Mods, I guess this thread should be renamed WIE from "Installing And Wiring Led Strips" TO "Strategies to get laid ... the faster way" :D:grinning-smiley-003:

I see many golden rules & guidelines been documented :yahoo:

BTW just thought of adding up the following switching diagram for everyone's benefit (since we are in the topic) :to_pick_ones_nose3:

diffmenwomen.jpg

Cheers guys ...

Edited by EVO_Croozer

the art of been jobless +a PERV

hay boy.. :punish2: anybody will become a Man from a Boy but quality of the Man is meassured in how courageous in times of real discomfort and real danger. Wise man once said It is courage that makes you to stand up and speak .. and courage is also what it makes you to sit down and listen... I've seen so many forums in Sri Lanka.. But this forum is really stand out of the rest in terms of the standard of the people who contribute to this.. :appl:

So options is with you either be a real man or just a nother wasted soul

the fact of the matter is, this day and age, a chick who falls for your LED strips will not last long... because another guy will come with bigger lED strips. Also, you might be able to get laid by them for less than Rs5000 also.. :)

Why don't you impress the girl of your dreams the old fashioned way, humor, intellect and charm? They last better than LED strips, especially ion your parents car.

A girl worth her salt will fall for you even if you walk or ride a bike.

And that's my 1000th post!!!

Well Said ;) and 100% very true. Chicks who falls for things around you, aint gonna last :alc:

Old fashion is solid.

congrats on your 1000 post mate

Edited by Revo

Lol poor boy...., though couldn't be blamed for your taste, mostly due to the age, peers, F&F ...etc. Anyway it was a dumb move to post such a query on a forum, specially on this forum, which has an strict anti-rice policy lol. And also the answer for the post is obvious, should go to some auto electrician? Anyway best of luck with catching led attracted chicks :D

Lol poor boy...., though couldn't be blamed for your taste, mostly due to the age, peers, F&F ...etc. Anyway it was a dumb move to post such a query on a forum, specially on this forum, which has an strict anti-rice policy lol. And also the answer for the post is obvious, should go to some auto electrician? Anyway best of luck with catching led attracted chicks :D

Can I know a place where I can Purchase LED bulbs in Sri Lanka...

Can I know a place where I can Purchase LED bulbs in Sri Lanka...

if you wanna buy just LED BULBS you can get them from petta first cross street shops.

if you want led strips-i remember a dude selling 2 led strips for 2-3000rs at wow classifieds,,if you want to get cheaper ones try ebay!

Lets put another spin on his dilema....

When your young and just got your first ride (which lets face it, is likely to be a banger of some sort) you have that feeling of freedom and independance, that only owning a car can bring. And when you love something you natuarlly wanna make it stand out from the crowd. Lets face it, a sprinter is never really gonna cut it no matter what you do to it, but wanting to make the best out of what you have is only natural.

However, as you get older, the need to stand out is less, and more likely, if you do well for your self, you can get a car that doesn't need any LED strips to stand out. Most of us have come to that level, and have nothing left to prove. Go easy on the new guy.

If he ever gets that A6, he'll (hopefully) understand that theres no need to make the A6 unique....

Just my thoughts... :rolleyes:

When your young and just got your first ride (which lets face it, is likely to be a banger of some sort) you have that feeling of freedom and independance, that only owning a car can bring. And when you love something you natuarlly wanna make it stand out from the crowd. Lets face it, a sprinter is never really gonna cut it no matter what you do to it, but wanting to make the best out of what you have is only natural.

However, as you get older, the need to stand out is less, and more likely, if you do well for your self, you can get a car that doesn't need any LED strips to stand out. Most of us have come to that level, and have nothing left to prove. Go easy on the new guy.

+1