• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Installing And Wiring Led Strips

A6 Quad

Question

i have got down 4 x 48led strips from ebay,but im quite confused how to wire it up.iv no experience regarding electronics and i find it difficult to understand what people say in other posts/forums regarding wiring.( FUSE,GROUND and all tehse various terms which makes me ill.)

to be honest im afraid to play around with my car's electrical system.one of my pal advised me that sometimes i may ruin the fuse or something regarding that.

so i just wanted to know whether are there good places to get this done in safe+ neat way?for a low cost(im still a schooling :D )

i want something like this interior neon.iv got the led's,2 for the front,2 for the rear.which could be controlled with switch!

despuesij5.jpg

and im planning to do this with my mom's sprinter(1995),if this goes well then sure on my dads A6.

Question- i wont be using this all the time..just before going to a party or some appropriate occasions,so would my battery get drained if i use em even if the engine is started?im sure that i wont face any problems with the audi..but what about the old toyota? please educate me on this topic.

thanks alot..

thanks in advance

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On a serious not though are under-body lights illegal here? Back in the 2fast2furious days I say quite a bit of em but I thought they were banned after because I didn't see em in a while but I spotted a guy the otherday who was using them.

i don't think its illegal. maybe it went a tad outta control when everybody started using it.

even to date there is a canter truck near my place that has underbody neons :P

quite a few tuk tuks too had them so putting those on now would make you look rather lame IMHO

i don't think its illegal. maybe it went a tad outta control when everybody started using it.

even to date there is a canter truck near my place that has underbody neons :P

quite a few tuk tuks too had them so putting those on now would make you look rather lame IMHO

really? a canter? wow. I guess everyone wants to be a ricer.

i undertsand mate...i accept you kind advices...ut i just cant stand humiliation!what did i do?getting my first ride at 18 and modding it the way i want?is that an offense?

i never ment that you guys are 80,,i just wanted to relate my age and yours...to make some members think the stuff they fancied when they where teens

Dude, before you learn anything, learn to cope with humiliation. It will make you a better man.

Its your car, its your LEDs, its your choice to do as you please.

Like I said, if you need LED strips on your parents car to pull in a chick, then you might need all the help you can get to score. :action-smiley-060:

You want us to come give you a hand? :rolleyes:

the art of been jobless +a PERV

Kid is there any reason to insult people here? you are the one who came in here for help and you got it. The rest of the posts were harmless humor. You might need to grow up a bit before you try to impress people with lights. All the neons in the world would not hide your immaturity.

Edited by jdnet

Kid is there any reason to insult people here? you are the one who came in here for help and you got it. The rest of the posts were harmless humor. You might need to grow up a bit before you try to impress people with lights. All the neons in the world would not hide your immatuarity.

See, this is why he needs LEDs.. no chick with a brain screwed on straight will want this kind of nonsense.

Imagine having LEDs on your car AND immature??????

really? a canter? wow. I guess everyone wants to be a ricer.

yeah...that thing looked weird as hell cos he had some bright blue neons and the ground clearance made the whole splash out a lot more.

if i see it again with a camera in hand will snap a pic :)

See, this is why he needs LEDs.. no chick with a brain screwed on straight will want this kind of nonsense.

Imagine having LEDs on your car AND immature??????

you guys are just a buncha MATURED faggots!

and vvti-you seem to be humiliating me personally eh?

ok heres your piece of cake-your telling me that no chick with a brain will like this kinda nonsense/or me eh?just look at your perfect life?no wonder why you have no authority to even visit your Labrador!

you shouldnt sound cocky when your almost retarded!

and iv had enough.im giving up...you seniors win!!yeah!

anyways thanks alot for the members who helped me out on the earlier discussion.

ok heres your piece of cake-your telling me that no chick with a brain will like this kinda nonsense/or me eh?just look at your perfect life?no wonder why you have no authority to even visit your Labrador!

anyways thanks alot for the members who helped me out on the earlier discussion.

Wow. You just proved everyone right. You seem nothing more than immature little brat. Insult us all you want kid, but, it is you who's modifying your moms car so you can drive around to impress little friends. Most of us here haven't had our parent buy us pretty cars and given us money to add stupid things to them. We actually have jobs and earned money to get what we want. So yes, if thats your definition of a fagg ot, I guess you are right. So what would you call yourself? an achiever?

Edited by jdnet

:action-smiley-060:

Humiliate you personally? I don't even know you... :)

Actually mate, my life is perfect... don't have a Labrador... but have a RiceHound...

These kids now-a-day's (yeah im still in my 20s but I have the right to call him a kid), they need everything handed to them.

Thats why we might need to ho help with his chicks too... while he s too busy playing with his LEDs... :)

oh man.. this is exactly why i helped the fella out so this thread will end there..

but nope.... it just came rolling in heh.....

anywaz... there are chicks who dig neons and bright lights u know.. but i think we will wound up in jail if we were caught with one of them...

looking at this thread makes me wonder... i was 19 when i got the astina.. and yes i had all the lights in the world in it... even had the under car thing too..

but as our A6 QUAD will know in a few years.... u will not end up marrying the gal who liked them... hmmmm.... strange....

anwayz.. good luck to you young one.. and please upload some pics of ur cabin after u have completed ur vanderlisum....

but again.,,. please my humble request to u is that u dont do it to that audi.. its not that kinda car.. u will know this at a later stage in life.. thats the car someone sensible will want u for....

anywayz.. good luck.. and god speed.....

Can't leave you buggers unsupervised for a couple of hours to get in some basketball and you guys go around like this.

VVTi, chill man. Don't be so damn abrasive. Not everyone has your tastes, priorities or is in your situation. I'm not jumping for joy about this dudes idea, but its harmless enough. As long as he doesn't switch it on while driving and mess up his night vision. Certainly less bothersome to passers by outside the car than say - a fart can.

And I don't think you'll need to worry about the A6. Junior might have plans, but dad has to OK those plans for an A6. Thats not an OK thats coming.

Kid, a little less of the swearing. Get used to getting ragged by seniors. You'll be done with school, and whether you study further in uni or go to a job, your gonna get some level of ragging somewhere. Take a chill pill and roll with it, it stops after a while.

Just FYI, yes technically, it is illegal. According to the letter of the law, you need written permission from the commissioner of motor traffic or some such moron to carry out any modification to your car. Its not practical, but thats what it says. Of course, not enforced, but technically illegal. They don't bother coz otherwise they'd have to take legal action against anyone that changed their rims or put in a new stereo.

But the undercar neons went outta fashion coz thats like an invitation for cops to harass you. First chaps that get rounded up at street-racers are the obvious ones. Neons, Spoilers, body kits, fart cans. They attract attention.

Can't leave you buggers unsupervised for a couple of hours to get in some basketball and you guys go around like this.

VVTi, chill man. Don't be so damn abrasive. Not everyone has your tastes, priorities or is in your situation.

Sorry Boss... :) Can't help it sometimes... some balls screams out to be kicked... :)

Here's an idea.. instead of blinging up that poor Audi, why not rent/borrow that canter from Ripper's neighborhood. You'll sure be able to pick up a truckload of chicks (figuratively AND literally) :D j/k

None of us personally know you to insult you, so don’t get so worked up. If you saw some hairy dude, walking around in a mini skirt and tank top you’d laugh at his taste of attire too right? It’s your choice if you have tastes that people might laugh at. So either you don’t do it, or learn to live with it. Calling them fags wont change anything, in fact it digs your hole deeper.

Still dude, if you wanna impress a girl with your automotive passion, LEDs will hardly cut it... bit sad actually, kinda like those people who wear porsche/ferarri branded merchandise when they don’t even own one…

And as cool as your 200LEDs are, as soon as someone with 300 LEDs come along and you’re no longer the topic of conversation among peers, you’re going to feel obsolete, and you’re bound to feel like a j***a$$…

At the same time, like someone said it’ll make night driving harder. Since the interior of the car will be brighter your eyes will adjust to that light, making everything else in the darker exterior of the car less visible..

@ charitha-

thanks alot!its just that 4X48=almost 200led's...thats the reason i was afraid of battery drain and fuse.btwthanks alot for the clarification.

im planing to stick them inside the car under the seats and under the dash's(INTERIOR neon)

where can i find the gauge wires?i mean does Pet#o have it?

thanks alot guys

A6 Quad,

one LED's ampier drop is 20mA. So 200*20mA = 4000mA = 4Amp. then it will be a little bit high usage... So better U may ask some exirenced person. the wires you can find every auto spare sparts shops. anyway U do not want to bother it, if U may go to a auto electrician to do your job.

A6 Quad,

one LED's ampier drop is 20mA. So 200*20mA = 4000mA = 4Amp. then it will be a little bit high usage... So better U may ask some exirenced person. the wires you can find every auto spare sparts shops. anyway U do not want to bother it, if U may go to a auto electrician to do your job.

Thats if you connect them all in parallel. I dont know how they are connected within, but I'm sure they took into consideration the fact that the bulb cluster has to run on a car battery while not disrupting the car's other electricity requirements.