• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Installing And Wiring Led Strips

A6 Quad

Question

i have got down 4 x 48led strips from ebay,but im quite confused how to wire it up.iv no experience regarding electronics and i find it difficult to understand what people say in other posts/forums regarding wiring.( FUSE,GROUND and all tehse various terms which makes me ill.)

to be honest im afraid to play around with my car's electrical system.one of my pal advised me that sometimes i may ruin the fuse or something regarding that.

so i just wanted to know whether are there good places to get this done in safe+ neat way?for a low cost(im still a schooling :D )

i want something like this interior neon.iv got the led's,2 for the front,2 for the rear.which could be controlled with switch!

despuesij5.jpg

and im planning to do this with my mom's sprinter(1995),if this goes well then sure on my dads A6.

Question- i wont be using this all the time..just before going to a party or some appropriate occasions,so would my battery get drained if i use em even if the engine is started?im sure that i wont face any problems with the audi..but what about the old toyota? please educate me on this topic.

thanks alot..

thanks in advance

• Answers 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

i have got down 4 x 48led strips from ebay,but im quite confused how to wire it up.iv no experience regarding electronics and i find it difficult to understand what people say in other posts/forums regarding wiring.( FUSE,GROUND and all tehse various terms which makes me ill.)

to be honest im afraid to play around with my car's electrical system.one of my pal advised me that sometimes i may ruin the fuse or something regarding that.

so i just wanted to know whether are there good places to get this done in safe+ neat way?for a low cost(im still a schooling :D )

i want something like this interior neon.iv got the led's,2 for the front,2 for the rear.which could be controlled with switch!

despuesij5.jpg

and im planning to do this with my mom's sprinter(1995),if this goes well then sure on my dads A6.

Question- i wont be using this all the time..just before going to a party or some appropriate occasions,so would my battery get drained if i use em even if the engine is started?im sure that i wont face any problems with the audi..but what about the old toyota? please educate me on this topic.

thanks alot..

thanks in advance

That poor audi A6 :blink:

ok... since u are gonna vandalize ur mom's car lets get to it.... but please for god sake dont do it to the audi.. u will realize why in a couple of years...

so these LED strips.. are u going to wire them undeneath ur car or inside the car.. the latter i do not recommend unless u are going to convert ur interior into a night club of sorts..

if these are LED's mate they wont burn ur fuses or cause a huge drain on the battery... wiring isnt that tough.. but i think Pet#o does these kinda things..

if these are stickable type which i think they are.. u need to find a good spot underneath ur car.. and have long enogh wiring to get underneath ur dashboard.. since these are LED's i dont think u need reals.. just a normal push button or flip up switch from ur freindlt neighborhood electrical shop will do..

so things u will need before u go to a place to get it fixed.

enough wiring... get some auto wires 8 gauge will be ok i think.. not sure.. get around 10 meters of this.

flip up or push button switch.. u need to see ur dash and find out whether there is a place to put the switch. usuually there is..

ur LED strips..

and thats it..

good luck...

That poor audi A6 :blink:

i was thinking the same thing...

This cant be 'your' car, right? I'm sure these arnet your concerns but this kinda thing actually brings down your (dad's/mom's) car's re-sale value (while also showing the world how tasteless you are.. 2Fast 2 Furious was 8 years ago dude, lot of stuff has changed in car 'modifying' since then :P )

i was thinking the same thing...

This cant be 'your' car, right? I'm sure these arnet your concerns but this kinda thing actually brings down your (dad's/mom's) car's re-sale value (while also showing the world how tasteless you are.. 2Fast 2 Furious was 8 years ago dude, lot of stuff has changed in car 'modifying' since then :P )

lol, i wonder how much HP those led lights add.

Ricer.jpg

yes..both are my parents car's.and i wont be having the led's permanently.its just that i will be using em occasionally and once im done with it i would get rid of em.so i dont think it would effect the resale,

PLUS !!!i just turned 18,and im sure most of you guys must be elder+matured than me.this may sound stupid for grown ups,but i think its kinda cool among teens and most of the girls who i know happen to love this concept!and its just for parties! i think its a matter of fact of age and taste

@ charitha-

thanks alot!its just that 4X48=almost 200led's...thats the reason i was afraid of battery drain and fuse.btwthanks alot for the clarification.

im planing to stick them inside the car under the seats and under the dash's(INTERIOR neon)

where can i find the gauge wires?i mean does Pet#o have it?

thanks alot guys

yes..both are my parents car's.and i wont be having the led's permanently.its just that i will be using em occasionally and once im done with it i would get rid of em.so i dont think it would effect the resale,

PLUS !!!i just turned 18,and im sure most of you guys must be elder+matured than me.this may sound stupid for grown ups,but i think its kinda cool among teens and most of the girls who i know happen to love this concept!and its just for parties! i think its a matter of fact of age and taste

@ charitha-

thanks alot!its just that 4X48=almost 200led's...thats the reason i was afraid of battery drain and fuse.btwthanks alot for the clarification.

im planing to stick them inside the car under the seats and under the dash's(INTERIOR neon)

where can i find the gauge wires?i mean does Pet#o have it?

thanks alot guys

I think Pet#o will have those Wires

U can also try getting it done @ Sunlanka :)

Good luck

Yes you have a point !!

As long as you drive safe and disciplined in the streets (without risking other peoples lives) , rest of us will not care how stupid you look with those lights.

Most of the people who have those lights and ugly body kits drive like maniacs in the streets , Hope you will not do the same .

Enjoy your life but drive safe .

If its for special occasions, why don't you fit em to your pimpest outfit, put a car battery to a backpack and walk around? Then it would'nt matter what car you drive, you will still rock!!!

I am sure the chicks will dig ya! They will see you coming miles away!

haha...go easy on the newbie guys,poor fellas just trying to get laid for the first time :P

Ahh those were the days. After he gets married and has to live with the same person for the rest of his life and hear endless whining, he would wish he hadn't installed those lights.

I speak from experience here.

Ahh those were the days. After he gets married and has to live with the same person for the rest of his life and hear endless whining, he would wish he hadn't installed those lights.

Join the club... he will curse those LED strip for life!!!

Join the club... he will curse those LED strip for life!!!

Are you referring to marriage in general, or just to marrying the kind of girl who gets attracted to neons/LEDs?

oh cmon you both!im sure you guys would have passed my age...and who knows whether you guys would have gone even more crazier?

just put your selves in our shoes guys! as-if you wouldnt have said WOOOW for a fully modded car when you where small and EEEEYYYY nowadays even if its the same car.

this is my first car,and i just asked a question becuase i am not educated in this industry.and as grown ups and seniors i would accept advices,,but not humiliation.if you dont know the answer or if your not in a mood to answer my question i wouldnt mind you guys been silent!

and its a shame on you both been GROWN UPs+senior members/

every forum has its own bullies who doesnt even care about others.

i am so sorry for opening a post like this if i would have offended anyone!

oh cmon you both!im sure you guys would have passed my age...and who knows whether you guys would have gone even more crazier?

just put your selves in our shoes guys! as-if you wouldnt have said WOOOW for a fully modded car when you where small and EEEEYYYY nowadays even if its the same car.

this is my first car,and i just asked a question becuase i am not educated in this industry.and as grown ups and seniors i would accept advices,,but not humiliation.if you dont know the answer or if your not in a mood to answer my question i wouldnt mind you guys been silent!

lol..hey "kid"..dont get so ahead of yourself...most of us are only a few years older than you,if that.

yeah we were 18 once,but we were never stupid :)

Oohhh... Junior is upset. :action-smiley-060:

the fact of the matter is, this day and age, a chick who falls for your LED strips will not last long... because another guy will come with bigger lED strips. Also, you might be able to get laid by them for less than Rs5000 also.. :)

Why don't you impress the girl of your dreams the old fashioned way, humor, intellect and charm? They last better than LED strips, especially ion your parents car.

A girl worth her salt will fall for you even if you walk or ride a bike.

And that's my 1000th post!!!

Edited by VVTi

lol..hey "kid"..dont get so ahead of yourself...most of us are only a few years older than you,if that.

yeah we were 18 once,but we were never stupid :)

A6, we are not trying to bully you here we are just joking around. Losen up a bit. We've all been at that point where we were attracted to flashy things. Not all members here are over 80.

but did i say that i am doing all of this to find a girl>?the leds are for my own pleasure!please read my post first of all,i said that i only got feedbacks,..and iv been dating since i was 15,and im not that desperate to get laid for money or for UTTER SHOW OFF!

whats your problem eh?just mind your business and il mind mine.

final!

Oohhh... Junior is upset. :action-smiley-060:

the fact of the matter is, this day and age, a chick who falls for your LED strips will not last long... because another guy will come with bigger lED strips. Also, you might be able to get laid by them for less than Rs5000 also.. :)

Why don't you impress the girl of your dreams the old fashioned way, humor, intellect and charm? They last better than LED strips, especially ion your parents car.

A girl worth her salt will fall for you even if you walk or ride a bike.

And that's my 1000th post!!!

i bet that flew miles over jnr :D

let the boy have his LED's and learn the ropes himself :P

as many have said..SunLanka should be able to sort you out cos i've seen hoards of people coming there to pimp up their cars

I would advice not to have too many lights in the cabin cos it might affect your night driving abilities

and VVTI...congrats on the 1k post mate :)

been a good run eh :)

A6, we are not trying to bully you here we are just joking around. Losen up a bit. We've all been at that point where we were attracted to flashy things. Not all members here are over 80.

i undertsand mate...i accept you kind advices...ut i just cant stand humiliation!what did i do?getting my first ride at 18 and modding it the way i want?is that an offense?

i never ment that you guys are 80,,i just wanted to relate my age and yours...to make some members think the stuff they fancied when they where teens

i bet that flew miles over jnr :D

let the boy have his LED's and learn the ropes himself :P

as many have said..SunLanka should be able to sort you out cos i've seen hoards of people coming there to pimp up their cars

I would advice not to have too many lights in the cabin cos it might affect your night driving abilities

and VVTI...congrats on the 1k post mate :)

been a good run eh :)

On a serious not though are under-body lights illegal here? Back in the 2fast2furious days I say quite a bit of em but I thought they were banned after because I didn't see em in a while but I spotted a guy the otherday who was using them.