• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Subaru 600cc

pradfred

Hiya,

Got myself a small Subaru .

Its a 600cc (543cc) Watercooled , 2 cylinder, 4 stroker. Rear engine rear wheel drive.

Am doing a full restoration. Pulled out the engine, and also doing body & paint.

Any help in terms of knowledge of this model and places to find spares <_< would be welcome.

Its a 12 shri.

cheers

Hiya,

Its a 600cc (543cc) Watercooled , 2 cylinder, 4 stroker. Rear engine rear wheel drive.

Am doing a full restoration. Pulled out the engine, and also doing body & paint.

Any help in terms of knowledge of this model and places to find spares <_< would be welcome.

Its a 12 shri.

cheers

A Rex?

multiple restos at the same time eh? :D

Hiya,

Its a 12 shri.

cheers

Dude, seriously? You went and found a rex? I take my hat off to you man.....

As to your requests though machan, Beyond the fact that I think they were sold in Aus as the Fiori or something like that, I have no idea at all.... Didnt even know we had any here in SL :blink:

Perhaps Ebay for parts?

All I can add is, Good luck dude!!

there are a couple subaru 360's here ne?... :unsure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_360

wondering why these fuel efficient economic beauties are no more built . Surprisingly when technology improves to reduce weight of the body/structure and to yank out more mileage off from fuel why manufacturers coming up with large engines nowhere close to the engines like this.

Edited by harshansenadhir

Dude, seriously? You went and found a rex? I take my hat off to you man.....

As to your requests though machan, Beyond the fact that I think they were sold in Aus as the Fiori or something like that, I have no idea at all.... Didnt even know we had any here in SL :blink:

Perhaps Ebay for parts?

All I can add is, Good luck dude!!

Hey Thanks ,Supra, great news, sent my mechanic - who went in my old landie to Panchi, and he has found ALL the parts. original too. un***** believable.

Timing belt, gasket kits, pistons, rings, main bearings , oil seals, valves & valve guides, even the timing belt tensioner !

I am so happy, and now the car will be stripped for painting.

Only issue is my Fiat project is now on on back burner........and my RD needs two new carbs........

Hoo boy....... :unsure:

Any possibility of sharing some pictures? I'm very curious to see which sub this is...

i have yet to take some pics guys.

Will do and post but its the same one which is on the link below from Wiki.

Red colour. 12 Shri.

http://yfrog.com/jy250px1strex1j

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/964/250px1strex1.jpg

Cheers

Hi guys,

Managed to take some pics of the car and the engine stripped. Hope to show you all after resto :rolleyes:

URL=http://img828.imageshack.us/i/engine1.jpg/]engine1.jpg[/url]

URL=http://img691.imageshack.us/i/pistonsl.jpg/]pistonsl.jpg[/url]

URL=http://img163.imageshack.us/i/cleaning.jpg/]cleaning.jpg[/url]

therex.jpg

cheers

Hi guys,

Managed to take some pics of the car and the engine stripped. Hope to show you all after resto :rolleyes:

therex.jpg

cheers

Fun has begun it seems. Btw if your mechanics are suppose to overhaul the engine, what the heck they're doing with the boot opened :P

JK, another cop buster with an engine in the boot eh? lol :D

"mahattaya horenma engimak patawagena yanawa neda" :D

Edited by harshansenadhir

Hey MasterDon and Harshasenadir,

No mates, just saw the car and liked it.

Read up on the KEi cars and saw that this was a nice one, was looking at getting a Mini - but they so common now dontcha think :rolleyes:

Anyway, went and got it and it was a daily runner for the previous owner - drove her home, nice drive too. But knowing me I wanted it perfecto mundo - hence the strip - <_<

Next is brakes and the suspension overall.

Drop in anytime to see it & the Fiat ( did u see it in the pic?)

Hey MasterDon and Harshasenadir,

No mates, just saw the car and liked it.

Read up on the KEi cars and saw that this was a nice one, was looking at getting a Mini - but they so common now dontcha think :rolleyes:

Anyway, went and got it and it was a daily runner for the previous owner - drove her home, nice drive too. But knowing me I wanted it perfecto mundo - hence the strip - <_<

Next is brakes and the suspension overall.

Drop in anytime to see it & the Fiat ( did u see it in the pic?)

needs a strip to bare shell and re-paint by judging at the paint work. Some chrome around windscreen and rain gutter are missing, isn't it? Remove that bonnet scoop at any cost knowing where the engine is mounted :D. Good luck with the restoration and please keep us updated when it's done (hopefully with nice set of alloys too)

needs a strip to bare shell and re-paint by judging at the paint work.

Lol yup. Scoop, thats gotta go !

Alloys - dunno - must see.....not sure if the PCD will match ?

Long way to go before I get there anyway.....

"Some chrome around windscreen and rain gutter are missing, isn't it?"

@ Pradfred : Congrats mate, am sure she'll turn out cool & sexy once done.

BTW can anyone (who has experience in these kinda restoration projects) suggest me any reliable places to get some of these kinda chrome related / edge / beeding works done?

Cheers !

BTW can anyone (who has experience in these kinda restoration projects) suggest me any reliable places to get some of these kinda chrome related / edge / beeding works done?

Cheers !

Jeyadan Electroplaters, fair charges and reasonabliy good work they carried out. Recommended by MastorDon.

0717 757 547

Jeyadan Electroplaters, fair charges and reasonabliy good work they carried out. Recommended by MastorDon.

0717 757 547

Harshan, thanks mate, appreciated ;)

Shall call 'em soon.