• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bluebird

Watchman

hey guys,

a friend of mine is looking to buy a petrol 1997 bluebird... something round a 300- or 301-... there's a one in the clasified but he's not a big fan of white vehicles...

there are 3 varients as i know.. correct me if i'm wrong.. the SSS, eprise and the LaGrand(or some name like that).. what are the diferences between these?

generally can i have some background info on this car...

fuel consumption?

any problems that are found comonly in the model?

PRICE?

as i know petrol ones are a little hard to come by arent they, cos most of the one you see on the road are diesels that were brought down on permits those days... petrol engine is a 1.8L right?

thanks guys....

if im not mistaken the bluebirds share the same 1800 engine as that found in the P11 primeras...dnt really knw much abt the variants but i do knw that the SSS has different headlights and possibly a different interior tho i cannot confim...

hey guys,

a friend of mine is looking to buy a petrol 1997 bluebird... something round a 300- or 301-... there's a one in the clasified but he's not a big fan of white vehicles...

there are 3 varients as i know.. correct me if i'm wrong.. the SSS, eprise and the LaGrand(or some name like that).. what are the diferences between these?

fuel consumption?

PRICE?

as i know petrol ones are a little hard to come by arent they, cos most of the one you see on the road are diesels that were brought down on permits those days... petrol engine is a 1.8L right?

thanks guys....

well... there are perol vehicle's around... the SSS comes with a perol engine which is a bit of a sportier version than the other one's of it's range.. the Eprise mostly comes with a diesel engine... the diesel does about 6 to 8 on a litre... likevise with the petrol engines...

I got three friends that got SSS's... very good car.. drives good... picks up very good... smooth on higher speeds... basicaly I dont have anything wrong to say about it except that I dont like the Eprise version of it... but I really like the SSS... the Blue Bird is well laid inside... comfy seats and leg space... the SSS got bit of small steering for a more sportier feel...

to rap it up... the SSS is good car to drive... a great car for a person whose looking for a family car as well as bit of sports version in mind

thanks guys....

this model goes as the 1997 bluebird, but production started in late 1996...

has anyone got a idea on the price ranges on this car..

SSS ( petrol ) - 11 to 14 : 300- to 301-

Eprise ( Diesel ) - 13 to 17 : 64- to 65-

Ive got a SSS. 97 Model (Petrol) 1.8ltr

301- 8 thousand series.

FOR: Drives great. Pickup is fantastic, drive is good, Adequate Space. 125BHP puts it at the highest in its class.

AGAINST: Altho its comfy its not as comfy as a carina, tends to not corner well at high speeds.

I get about 9.5 km/ltr (95 Oct) in City Running.

machang, does this realy require 95octane??

it probably doesnt REQUIRE it.. but better on the engine, and i thinkit gives a little more MPG...

but if the engine isnt that new. technically advance or performance based i guess oct 90 might be good enough...

it probably doesnt REQUIRE it.. but better on the engine, and i thinkit gives a little more MPG...

but if the engine isnt that new. technically advance or performance based i guess oct 90 might be good enough...

And have you seen these products like Soltron etc which says it reduces wear-tare and fuel consumption when its added to the fuel tank? They range from 500 bucks and upwards...I saw them advertising that it reduces petrol expense by 7 rupees...man how reliable are these?

hey guys,

fuel consumption?

PRICE?

thanks guys....

my fathers frnd had an Eprise (brand new) that car had no pulling power at all.. after 5, 6 months he sold it (he was complaining abt the pulling power since the day he bought it) ..and bought a 2.5L Xtrail(which got like twice the pulling power of that Eprise).. I think Eprise is the cheapest of the Bluebirds..

The Bluebird was discontinued n was replaced by the Bluebird Slyphy. The Bluebird ur talkin is the 14 series.

The earlier 13 series had the SSS n the EEX.SSS was the full option n the EEX was the half option. The 14 series trim levels r as follows,

The Eprise is the half option of the Bluebird if u will. As oppose to the La Grand it does not have rear head rests n arm rest , 4 speaker sound system , automatic climate control just to name a few. But as oppose to a Sunny it is almost Super Saloon like with few optons missing.

The La Grand is the full option. U get the works. Both the Eprise n La Grand are available in diesel n petrol.

SSS is the sports tuned version. It only comes with 2000cc petrol engine. So if any of u guys hav 1800cc SSS it's a fake. Probably a La Grand wit da lights replaced.The 2000cc engine also isn't the standard 2000cc u get in the Primera. It has high performance cams so u feel the power and torque at low and mid range as oppose to high end RPM. So the result is u loose MPG . It does not need 95 octane petrol but usin it will make the engine far more responsive. The suspension is also STIFFER as oppose to La Grand n Eprise. So don't expect a comfortable ride as the suspension will crash in potholes as oppose to the soft suspension of the other trims.

The HyperCVT was introduced around 2000 after nissan introduced their QG series engines.It only comes wit da NeoDI 1800cc gasoline direct injection engine. This combination of HyperCVT N NeoDI can also b seen in the Primera N the Sunny.

And have you seen these products like Soltron etc which says it reduces wear-tare and fuel consumption when its added to the fuel tank? They range from 500 bucks and upwards...I saw them advertising that it reduces petrol expense by 7 rupees...man how reliable are these?

Dude dont f***k around with your engine.. all these stupid engine treatments will result in engine sludge! just use good engine oil and you'll be alr8t!

The Bluebird was discontinued n was replaced by the Bluebird Slyphy. The Bluebird ur talkin is the 14 series.

The earlier 13 series had the SSS n the EEX.SSS was the full option n the EEX was the half option. The 14 series trim levels r as follows,

The Eprise is the half option of the Bluebird if u will. As oppose to the La Grand it does not have rear head rests n arm rest , 4 speaker sound system , automatic climate control just to name a few. But as oppose to a Sunny it is almost Super Saloon like with few optons missing.

The La Grand is the full option. U get the works. Both the Eprise n La Grand are available in diesel n petrol.

SSS is the sports tuned version. It only comes with 2000cc petrol engine. So if any of u guys hav 1800cc SSS it's a fake. Probably a La Grand wit da lights replaced.The 2000cc engine also isn't the standard 2000cc u get in the Primera. It has high performance cams so u feel the power and torque at low and mid range as oppose to high end RPM. So the result is u loose MPG . It does not need 95 octane petrol but usin it will make the engine far more responsive. The suspension is also STIFFER as oppose to La Grand n Eprise. So don't expect a comfortable ride as the suspension will crash in potholes as oppose to the soft suspension of the other trims.

The HyperCVT was introduced around 2000 after nissan introduced their QG series engines.It only comes wit da NeoDI 1800cc gasoline direct injection engine. This combination of HyperCVT N NeoDI can also b seen in the Primera N the Sunny.

We're talking SR20 here right? Any SR20VE manual versions??

• 3 months later...

Dunno, why but the back reminds me of the the new camry, the front reminds me of the latio crossed with the G35 sedan, not very appealing even to me and i am am a die hard to the bones nissan fan, will never but otherwise unless i am utmostly forced to do so... peri can confirm this...

oh amd max you probably are right about the SR20VE issue because once on parliament road, i was taunted by what i thought was a no go bluebird who pulled away from me like a bullet out of a gun when i tried to pass him and i my throtttle was wide open as well...

damn was that bad.. my eyes nearly popped put of my head especailly cause it was not a well maintained car.. pieces falling of, bumpers hanging and so on...

well.... learnt my lesson from my days of being a traffic rat..

Edited by SpeedHolic

my fathers frnd had an Eprise (brand new) that car had no pulling power at all.. after 5, 6 months he sold it (he was complaining abt the pulling power since the day he bought it) ..and bought a 2.5L Xtrail(which got like twice the pulling power of that Eprise).. I think Eprise is the cheapest of the Bluebirds..

My Guess is that the Post - '98 1800s (with the QG series engines) don't pull too well.

I own a '96 1.8 SSS - with the SR18 (Auto) engine and it pulls really well. Plus its got disk brakes all round and stiffer suspension than the Le-Grand version. Handles as well as a P11 primera. I get around 8.5 - 9 km/l around town but can go down to 7 if you push it very hard. (Which you are tempted to do very often on account of the good response to the throttle) ;)

There is also a high end version of the SSS with a SR20DET (Same engine as the Pulsar GTiR but milder Turbo). Looks identical to a normal one but the give away is the Red SSS badges.

• 3 years later...