• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Motor Bike Restrictions

Skyline R33

slightly OT

if one wants to keep a HC bike just for track days and to ride on private tracks...how does that work out?

can anybody just import a big bike?

You need a registration from RMV (and license plate), insurance and revenue license in order to use a vehicle on public roads.

(btw with maduruwas, being less than 50cc and with pedals for manual cycling, they don't qualify as a vehicle)

Quad bikes aka ATVs are not street legal, they don't have number plates, and you can ride them in the garden, plantations, races, etc.

so theoretically it should be possible to import (not sure how customs will charge the duty) and just not get it registered at RMV

but, such a bike would be even more of a threat in terms of crime (accepting that as the argument why big bikes are not allowed in the first place), so not sure if it is permitted from that angle (just like you can't just import a gun or something).

You need a registration from RMV (and license plate), insurance and revenue license in order to use a vehicle on public roads.

(btw with maduruwas, being less than 50cc and with pedals for manual cycling, they don't qualify as a vehicle)

Quad bikes aka ATVs are not street legal, they don't have number plates, and you can ride them in the garden, plantations, races, etc.

so theoretically it should be possible to import (not sure how customs will charge the duty) and just not get it registered at RMV

but, such a bike would be even more of a threat in terms of crime (accepting that as the argument why big bikes are not allowed in the first place), so not sure if it is permitted from that angle (just like you can't just import a gun or something).

As you correctly said import is not restricted provided that you get some special permission and show the purpose of importing. This doesn't include the ones being brought down as bits and pieces and re-assembled somewhere in north-western :P

I heard that some cops/cop sheds have this device which can stuck to the exhaust and it'll indicate approximate engine capacity. Never seen this and yet hard to believe our guys are that sophisticated.

Just leave us loose to import any bike we want and if you guyz (the cops) wanna catch those, u better upgrade too. :angry-smiley-048:

Wish it was a bit more free kinda country.... <_<

well If you're a die hard enthusiast you'll find a way to get such a bike...instead of talking about it on forums.

well If you're a die hard enthusiast you'll find a way to get such a bike...instead of talking about it on forums.

The point of Skyline R33's post was that he would prefer to own a high Capacity bike LEGALLY.

Which entails import through proper channels.

Was is really that difficult for you to comprehend?

Well, thats why I started this topic to know about the limitations as I'm not aware of the current trend. I don't wanna get some thing illegal from NW province and get it take away by some "jealous" copper. I wouldn't mind getting one for track purposes though but I'm not sure do we need to register it with RMV even if its not gonna be a road bike. I'm more interested in a road bike. I already ride an R6 here and wish I had some thing like that there too. :)

Well, thats why I started this topic to know about the limitations as I'm not aware of the current trend. I don't wanna get some thing illegal from NW province and get it take away by some "jealous" copper. I wouldn't mind getting one for track purposes though but I'm not sure do we need to register it with RMV even if its not gonna be a road bike. I'm more interested in a road bike. I already ride an R6 here and wish I had some thing like that there too. :)

well i dont think there will be a legal way in SL anytime soon. So the only thing u can do if u really want to own a HC bike in SL is to get one of them illegal bikes. thats how it goes in SL.....

and the other thing is those coppers are not exactly good riders...i doubt they will go as far as good rider would go in terms of risks that one has to take when riding fast

And the weight is a factor too :P :P

well that's just how things are here,no use bitching about it from australia.

nice to meet a fellow biker,proud kawa Zx10R and yamaha YZF1000r owner here.

well that's just how things are here,no use bitching about it from australia.

nice to meet a fellow biker,proud kawa Zx10R and yamaha YZF1000r owner here.

Yap, nice to meet ya too. So u ride these in SL? great bikes, Good on you. I have ridden a friends Kawa GPX 250 but not a great Kawa fan but the new Ninjas are nice. I have been more of a Yamaha person. Me for the time just stick with my R6 I guess, nothing fancy but she goes fast. Keep the rubber down and safe riding always machan. :)

Yap, nice to meet ya too. So u ride these in SL? great bikes, Good on you. I have ridden a friends Kawa GPX 250 but not a great Kawa fan but the new Ninjas are nice. I have been more of a Yamaha person. Me for the time just stick with my R6 I guess, nothing fancy but she goes fast. Keep the rubber down and safe riding always machan. :)

yes in SL.

u own a ZX10R??????? & also r u talking about a R1 or a YZF1000R

yes ZX10r...it's YZF1000r a.k.a the thunderace,one of only two here.

Edited by MasterDon

ya i dint know there was a thunderace in SL thats why i was suprised which year is it....also which year is ur ZX10R

there were three here,one was taken abroad by the foreign owner,and last I heard the other one has been dissassembled for rebuilding,so mine's the only one running currently...it's a 99.

ninja is 2006 T2.

there were three here,one was taken abroad by the foreign owner,and last I heard the other one has been dissassembled for rebuilding,so mine's the only one running currently...it's a 99.

ninja is 2006 T2.

Since you already have two HC bikes I assume you got one which was already in the country. If im correct, did you register your bikes and did you have any dramas on the road from any coppers? How did u put it through RMV if you registered? I know you need to get some help with the RMV people but I mean what engine cc did you disclose? And if I get a local one, what are the chance of it being taken away?

ninja is 2006 T2.

cool would love to see the ZX10R. Im starting to like the new Suzuki's everyone who have ridden them say they are way faster than the CBR & the R1. what color is your ZXR

Since you already have two HC bikes I assume you got one which was already in the country. If im correct, did you register your bikes and did you have any dramas on the road from any coppers? How did u put it through RMV if you registered? I know you need to get some help with the RMV people but I mean what engine cc did you disclose? And if I get a local one, what are the chance of it being taken away?

sent you a pm

cool would love to see the ZX10R. Im starting to like the new Suzuki's everyone who have ridden them say they are way faster than the CBR & the R1. what color is your ZXR

I think I posted a pic here on AL a couple of years ago...since i've refrained posting bike pics on Fb and elsewhere online.

I have no idea on these bikes so thought wiki was the best place to look...

And whoever did the Ninja article had the right idea in including this pic :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kawasaki...%26_shrink).png

i dunno peri...some of the facts are VERY wrong in some articles.

Btw i posted some pics(of my own rides) to some articles but when I visit them after a few days they're deleted...especially the delsol article deletes my pic within a few hours...any ideas why?

hate to nitpick but she's kinda got a pot! :P tiny one but still it's there :P

jeesus bung...your a very hard guy to please :lol:

please do post would love to see the ZXR man

sorry no can do...but I have no objections to showing them personally...which I've already done to a couple of forum members.