• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Belt

MkX

seat belt  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear seat belt on regular/daily travel

• Yes, I wear regularly
    • Occasionally
    • No, I don't wear seal belt

Question

I wear it all the time ,

I have seen a child ( about 4-5 years ) getting badly injured in the head ,only because he wasn't wearing the seat belt. This car crashed in to a lorry in the kandy road just in front of me ,kid had big dent in the skull and was screaming because of the pain .

BTW I took them to Warakapola hospital , That image will never leave my mind.

Edited by AL998

Hi guys, just thought of checking the seat belt use among the crowd who may be above the average compare to general public in relation to automobiles in sri lanka.

buckle up as soon as start or getting into the car, even for the shortest possible distance, as now it became a habit. Only issue is the belts of the lancer had been removed by someone. Trying to find out the original set of seat belts.

Further more, i've buckled up elder one each time i take him with me and now being just 2 and half, bugger reminds me to buckle up if he notices i'm getting late to do that.

Further more, i've buckled up elder one each time i take him with me and now being just 2 and half, bugger reminds me to buckle up if he notices i'm getting late to do that.

Pretty soon, he'll be telling you how to drive! :lol:

buckle up as soon as start or getting into the car, even for the shortest possible distance, as now it became a habit. Only issue is the belts of the lancer had been removed by someone. Trying to find out the original set of seat belts.

Luckily i'm also get used wear it now even for small distance. Main reason now is that the red warning light in the dash board. Only thing i want to see is the Green econo light. Having red light makes me uncomfortable now. Good for me :rolleyes:

ahh the advantage of driving a diesel.. you dont have anything else to do while the engine is heating up... thats the period i use to buckle up :D (provided the vehicle has a belt)

well i do always buckleup thatz from EU experince. But my 69 VW bug doesnt have it. The old short seats ....but wish it was there, for the speed I take it up on road in SL !!!

well i do always buckleup thatz from EU experince. But my 69 VW bug doesnt have it. The old short seats ....but wish it was there, for the speed I take it up on road in SL !!!

It's a shame your EU experience didn't teach you not to exceed the speed limit

A bit OT but on the subject of belts ….

One of my friends farther met with an accident (Thanks god he’s safe) in the night on the Dehiwala bridge and was not wearing a seatbelt.

Anyway both airbags have engaged and he was slightly injured due to the bags inflating

So the theory that the airbags don’t engage if you are not wearing the seat belt may not be entirely correct …….

And YES we did do this belt discussion earlier

A bit OT but on the subject of belts ….

One of my friends farther met with an accident (Thanks god he’s safe) in the night on the Dehiwala bridge and was not wearing a seatbelt.

Anyway both airbags have engaged and he was slightly injured due to the bags inflating

So the theory that the airbags don’t engage if you are not wearing the seat belt may not be entirely correct …….

And YES we did do this belt discussion earlier

some idiot might have removed the sensor switch connector which can be found under the seat/seats which tells the system if someone sitting on the seat. Some people does it to disable seat belt alarm.

some idiot might have removed the sensor switch connector which can be found under the seat/seats which tells the system if someone sitting on the seat. Some people does it to disable seat belt alarm.

hi..

mine is Lancer CK2 with dual airbag..., are those sensors in my car too? if it is how can i find those are working or not..? :unsure: :unsure:

thanks

it should lit the seat belt warning light on the dash once you start the car and sits in the driving seat without buckling up.

:action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

never saw something like that...., wht is the posibility? previous owner disconnected or lancer CK2's does not have those sensor

:action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

never saw something like that...., wht is the posibility? previous owner disconnected or lancer CK2's does not have those sensor

any car has air bag system should have a sensor in the seatbelt lock to determine whether the driver/passenger has buckled up, I'm not quite sure whether CK2 had the sensor to detect if someone is seated on either of front seats and blink a seatbelt warning if the belt is not locked. Check underneath of the seat to find out any wiring loom or connectors hanging disconnected. Popular method of SL maka bass fellows to disable Air bag/Seat Belt related warnings.