• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vibration With Honda Cvt Automatic Transmission

randikatn

Greeting All,

I have a problem with my new Honda FitAria 2006 car and I need valuable comments from Honda users

There is a vibration with the first pickup, and then car is running smoothly. I'm facing this issue with the first pickup and there's no any vibration until it comes to 0 Kmph.

What is this vibration? I feel something wrong with Automatic transmission oils. I didn't change the oils before, bcoz still the total millage is below than 20,000.00.

And also there is no place to buy Honda CVT oils at present.

Highly appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

Greeting All,

I have a problem with my new Honda FitAria 2006 car and I need valuable comments from Honda users

There is a vibration with the first pickup, and then car is running smoothly. I'm facing this issue with the first pickup and there's no any vibration until it comes to 0 Kmph.

What is this vibration? I feel something wrong with Automatic transmission oils. I didn't change the oils before, bcoz still the total millage is below than 20,000.00.

Thank you,

did you check at agents? better to get your vehicle inspected by agents before a major failure. some videos about vibration in CVT gearbox are available in YouTube. It is a known fact that Honda CVT gearbox is having issues.

CVT gear box oil to be changed in every 15000 km intervals. Oil is available with the agent and do the change quickly.

even after the changing of oil if you get the vibration, better show the car to the agent or qualified technician and get advise.

Greeting All,

Thank you,

I'm sure stafford stocks CVT fluid for hondas...there are so many on our roads with CVT boxes so i'm pretty sure they have the oil there.

And vibrations can come from engine misfirings, bad mounts etc also... or do you clearly feel it's related to your tranny?

either way...best to get it checked with the agents themselves...

Greeting All,

Thank you,

Don't meean to scare you, but, if you dont get the oil changed immediately most probably you will need to do the next change in less than 20,000 km (ie. the vibration will start sooner than 20,000 km)

Check with Stafford, they should have it. But, sometimes they do go out of stock. There is another place you could try (T**k Motors), but, agents are the best option (more reliable)

Thanks for everyone,

Stafford will have CVT oils after 15th of this month. I'm just waiting until they arrive their stock and do the oil replacement at Stafford.

Thanks

When stafford runs out of CVT oil they sometimes take quite a long time to stock up again. Last year i needed to change CVT oil on a fit aria and had to wait close to 3 months till they finally got it. Its good to know of any other place that stocks this Honda CVT oil.

randikatn, please keep this thread updated once you change the oil and if it fixed the vibration issue. I have heard that once you get this very known problem on Honda CVT box, the only lasting solution is to change the gear box or just keeps coming back once the oil gets a little old, even as old as 5000Km. It's interesting to know if it is such a big issue or not.

When stafford runs out of CVT oil they sometimes take quite a long time to stock up again. Last year i needed to change CVT oil on a fit aria and had to wait close to 3 months till they finally got it. Its good to know of any other place that stocks this Honda CVT oil.

randikatn, please keep this thread updated once you change the oil and if it fixed the vibration issue. I have heard that once you get this very known problem on Honda CVT box, the only lasting solution is to change the gear box or just keeps coming back once the oil gets a little old, even as old as 5000Km. It's interesting to know if it is such a big issue or not.

teck motors always carry a stock of cvt fluid. you can buy the oil from there and get it replaced by stafford. and there is some kind of an additive introduced in far east asia specilly to treat this vibration issue and achived a remarkeble success. search the forum for more details.

teck motors always carry a stock of cvt fluid. you can buy the oil from there and get it replaced by stafford. and there is some kind of an additive introduced in far east asia specilly to treat this vibration issue and achived a remarkeble success. search the forum for more details.

Found some good info in the CVT threads here. Seems like very good care should be taken on the honda CVT box and hopefully that magic oil is available here is SL now.

Found some good info in the CVT threads here. Seems like very good care should be taken on the honda CVT box and hopefully that magic oil is available here is SL now.

Is this only Honda CVT or common with other CVTs as well.

Also want to know it this similar to multimatic box that comes in Civic Vi/ViRS