• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Urgent Advice!!!

shift

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

machan dont even think about modifying a N16.not worth at all

i used a N16 for about 6 months untill i got my VZR

1) no pulling power , overtaking is horrible in 1500cc manual

2) not good on fuel, (8.5in colombo)

3) handling is sh*t at hi-speeds , can't take a reasonable turn even at 60kms (i'm not comparing it to the VZR, i'm only comparing it to my old AE110 )

4) front suspension noises

thank god i got rid of it & got the VZR

:D

YA MAN GOT 2 WAIT LIKE THIS UNTIL I M 18!!! HE HE

WILL A*W REPLACE THE WHOLE ENGINE TO PUT A NEW 1 INTO IT??

i used a N16 (recon ex-saloon ) for about 6 months untill i got my VZR

3) handling is sh*t at hi-speeds , can't take a reasonable turn even at 60kms (i'm not comparing it to the VZR, i'm only comparing it to my old AE110 )

:D

Pulling power Overtaking capabilities r good, in mine. Fuel's a ball buster!!! & the steering a bit shaky when ur ova 100, but i havnt as yet had problems wit my suspension... which year was urs?! :D

From what I understood,

Don't do any major to your engine. If you really want, may be a new set of Iridium/Platinum plug set, cables, Max... an air filter. May be u can do a slight exterior mods. But that also... not too much.

Keep your car well maintained, regular maintenance, tune-ups and services, Original parts will keep your car going happy for a long time. It's the best u can do to this car.

Good luck ....

K.. WELL WAT WILL U GUYS RECOMEND IN THE ENGINE WELL THEY SAID U CAN PUT AN AIR FILTER INTO IT?? WELL TO TELL THE TRUTH ITS ACCELERATION IS NOT BAD CUZ IT REACHES BOUT 100KMPH IN AROUND 8SECS??? WELL I THINK ITS NT BAD IT?? :D

Ha ha your estimate of 8secs.. is a bit far fetched for manual or automatic in an N16!!! :D

https://www.aaa.asn.au/roadtests/reports/424.pdf Even the 1.8 can't do that!

look I dont think you know enough about stuff as yet to do a full engine swap ;) Start off with an after market Air Filter like k&n.. then gently move towards a straight through exhaust system..

i used a N16 (recon ex-saloon ) for about 6 months untill i got my VZR

;)

BRO WATS THE DIFF BETWEEN THE PULSAR VZR AND THE N16?? YEP I DO KNOW THAT MA N16 HAS A 1.3 N THE VZR HAS A 1.6 SO WAT R THE OTHER DIFFS??

:D:D .... How Old ARE You ???? ....

17 BRO!! ;)

From what I understood,

Don't do any major to your engine. If you really want, may be a new set of Iridium/Platinum plug set, cables, Max... an air filter. May be u can do a slight exterior mods. But that also... not too much.

Keep your car well maintained, regular maintenance, tune-ups and services, Original parts will keep your car going happy for a long time. It's the best u can do to this car.

Good luck ....

Read somewhere that Iridium plugs are no use on a non-high reving engine ..... errrr..... That is, should be used on high reving engines to see .... something :D

Anyone heard this? Is it useless to put this in a normal car?

17 BRO!! :D

Cool Cool... well dude..i've driven the N16 1300cc as my aunt has one and it is very very underpowered...anyway all i could suggest is the same as Pilla ... start wit a Filter (K&N) and then proceed to a Straight through Exhaust...thats if ya like ALOT of Noise... :D Gud Luck Bro....

Pulling power Overtaking capabilities r good, in mine. Fuel's a ball buster!!! & the steering a bit shaky when ur ova 100, but i havnt as yet had problems wit my suspension... which year was urs?! :D

machan it's 1999 & HA plates

when i gave it the milage was 65,000(i doubt whether this is actual milage )

1) we replaced the entire front suspension( new japanise streering rack, lower arms, shocks ball joints , brake calippers )

still there was a noise comming from the front right side, which even A*W coudnt figure

2) if you are going from 0 - kms , yes the pulling is not bad, but from 4th - 3rd & 3rd - 2nd shift doesnt make a big difference,

any way i hated the N16 from the day i got it , since i was used to AE110, which was a better car all aspects, even through when i sold it it had done 225,000kms (300 -)

Read somewhere that Iridium plugs are no use on a non-high reving engine ..... errrr..... That is, should be used on high reving engines to see .... something :D

Anyone heard this? Is it useless to put this in a normal car?

Yeah they are useless in stock engines.. they may 'feel' really good if you change to them from old plugs.. but then again it also feels good to swap to stock ones. changing plugs every oil change is the way to go.. - it will save you a lot money! Of course Iree's may last longer. But I prefer to have newer plugs any given time.

Not exactly high reving engines- more precisely..on engines that produce a lot of heat or engines running modified internals needing adjusted timing cam timing..

HOW BOUT AN FORCED INDUCTION KIT GO??? WITH TOP SPEED LIMITER REMOVED, HOW BOUT A BETTER ECU??

Yep very good idea..

Those mods will put you on the fast track towards an engine change..

I've driven a 1.5 N16 (company maintained) from Ratnapura to Colombo. When you drive it... it's like your pulling a heavy load. If you wanna overtake, even a rush on the gas peddle won't give you a real kick. It doesn't give you the real driving pleasure. May be it's the weight to power ratio. So I can think of a 1.3.

Oh ryt! cud u tell me the stuff dat il need to put to be on the safe side without replacin the engine!!!

lets start with this... is your car under warranty? do you want to keep it. THen buy a genuine k&n air filter and drop it in there. you won't get to feel a whole lot but that's pretty much all you can do without voiding the warranty.

if you don't carea bout the warrnty, go with the exhaust mods people have said here....

lets start with this... is your car under warranty? do you want to keep it. THen buy a genuine k&n air filter and drop it in there. you won't get to feel a whole lot but that's pretty much all you can do without voiding the warranty.

if you don't carea bout the warrnty, go with the exhaust mods people have said here....

ait mate where cud i get the performance mods??? how bout extreme motorsports??? btw u can add a damn supercharger if u wan ryt mate???

How much do u reckon an unreg altezza would cost?! a reg one?!

well bro ma fren bought 1 which was wacked up real bad and it was under cundam with that ma fren bouhjt it for 1 mill n spent another mil 2 do it up painted it black!!! now 3 weeks back he got an offer for 3.5mill??? its yamaha 2lt engine had a level 2 turbo with a blowoff on it??

pls call imran on 0777685538. he will be able to help you with all your performance needs.

bro its the ofical starter imran ryt??

well bro ma fren bought 1 which was wacked up real bad and it was under cundam with that ma fren bouhjt it for 1 mill n spent another mil 2 do it up painted it black!!! now 3 weeks back he got an offer for 3.5mill??? its yamaha 2lt engine had a level 2 turbo with a blowoff on it??

bro its the ofical starter imran ryt??

n btw wats ur name bro??