• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Car To Get For Under 1.8 Million Slr

Dominic

Guys, I was wondering if a 1.3 Lt Liana or City (2005) was the better buy.

Budget is 1.8 mil. Fuel economy is my No.1 priority as Im getting sold at the moment.

Any advise would help. Also if anyone know the prices of either car mentioned above please post. I heard the City was about 1.9 or so.

Guys, I was wondering if a 1.3 Lt Liana or City (2005) was the better buy.

Budget is 1.8 mil. Fuel economy is my No.1 priority as Im getting sold at the moment.

Any advise would help. Also if anyone know the prices of either car mentioned above please post. I heard the City was about 1.9 or so.

NoZoZo has the newer city and is the best person to comment on that, I guess the 2005 City you are refering to comes from india(City ZX), the thai malaysian ones(2003-2004) cost 2.2 mn.

Since fuell eff is your no 1 concern watch out for the word i-Dsi in the engine - that means fuel econo, dont buy VTECs they have more horse power though.

But I guess the I-DSI comes with auto trasmission CVT which can possibly be a pain in the neck if a repair needs to be done

i thin the city will be in your budget....

Thanks.

I called Indra..they had

1.) a 2005 V-Tec City FullOption for 2.5mil

2.) a 2002 NZE121 Corolla for 2.6

and

3.) a Civic Ferio 2001 (I think) for 2.2 mil unreg

all low mileage.

Anyway I think the city is way over my budget so back to the drawing board.

Thanks.

I called Indra..they had

and

all low mileage.

Well I pretty much knew that 2005 City was gonna be that amount, prices at indra are bit high, I dunno abt those milage being authentic. But check the Indian City, it must be cheaper but then again I think they only come brandnew[so must be over your budget]

But you can buy a 2002 City for that money, my friend brought down a "black" VTEC city for his use for 1.8mn...

If you are interested in the 2002 city I can help you coz I my self has got one and help you on the pros and cons of it.

Well I pretty much knew that 2005 City was gonna be that amount, prices at indra are bit high, I dunno abt those milage being authentic. But check the Indian City, it must be cheaper but then again I think they only come brandnew[so must be over your budget]

But you can buy a 2002 City for that money, my friend brought down a "black" VTEC city for his use for 1.8mn...

If you are interested in the 2002 city I can help you coz I my self has got one and help you on the pros and cons of it.

if fuel is yo no 1 fear..go 4 a city mate...cos even u got an average body shapes its a v tec mate...

Thanks.

I called Indra..they had

and

all low mileage.

Dont think twice about it.. ifall three are in the same condition go in for the Ferio- you got a damn solid car thats economical & is the hallmark of a good brand.. Its 'made in Japan' and has also got tonnes of good reviews from the US market. I'm sure you can find a reg one within budget easily..

Dont think twice about it.. ifall three are in the same condition go in for the Ferio- you got a damn solid car thats economical & is the hallmark of a good brand.. Its 'made in Japan' and has also got tonnes of good reviews from the US market. I'm sure you can find a reg one within budget easily..

i agree wit pila if u dont mind reg vehic go for ferio, ferio is for domestic jap market nd honda doesnt mess wit da locals but not as exotic as the singapore vti but still very solid, a good friend of mine has black ferio so i know the car well nd recommend it

Good luck buyin Honda!

how much does a normal ek3 EXi do on fuel? n how abt parts for honda's...r dey freely available?

Dominic, sorry to get in late, if u go for the city, I recommend only the BN ZX, so it seems out of ur current budget.

If I give u a review of the indian made city, it does around 11~12km/l in city driving, and around 14km/l outstation ( only done several trips to n'eliya and matara). handling is good, smooth steering. sound proofing is bad

CVT transmission needs a care, but it's fun to drive, responsive. I checked several recons recently, out of 4 , 3 cars got vibration in start stop driving or hard acceleration. You can feel it on the acc padle or steering. It's comming from faulty CVT unit/cvt fluid, start clutch or some people had messed with inproper ECU resetting without considering the start cluch calibration.

City ZX ('06) will be available by end of this month. apperantly no 2005 stocks currently available at staford. '06 ZX will cost around 3mill. but it's has upgraded CVT and ECU programe.

yes Ferio is a good buy or else 2002 city will match your current budjet. but not seen ureg 2002 city around. is mazda out of your taste?

Dominic, sorry to get in late, if u go for the city, I recommend only the BN ZX, so it seems out of ur current budget.

If I give u a review of the indian made city, it does around 11~12km/l in city driving, and around 14km/l outstation ( only done several trips to n'eliya and matara). handling is good, smooth steering. sound proofing is bad

CVT transmission needs a care, but it's fun to drive, responsive. I checked several recons recently, out of 4 , 3 cars got vibration in start stop driving or hard acceleration. You can feel it on the acc padle or steering. It's comming from faulty CVT unit/cvt fluid, start clutch or some people had messed with inproper ECU resetting without considering the start cluch calibration.

Dude thanks for the info and fuzzo reg cars are fine as well.

Mazda's are ok but I heard that the City / Liana do better on fuel. There were some good deals going on the facelifted 323 at Auto Land in Kohuwela some time back.

HEy MAn yeah corolla .is cool

But dont get the new one cos my dad got 1 and its sh**t machan

No speeding and damn useless.U CAN GO FOR A TOYOTA VIOS

yah the 121 corolla was just recently named one of the least safe cars to drive by forbes(especially in rain) and was published in MSN(everyone knows that now), but by no way does that mean VIOS is any better(logically it should be inferior), VIOS is slower than the VTEC City and VIOS is 2.3-2.4mn(crazy) and is out of this guys budget.

forget toyota vios, it is one of those overated cars in SL, even if it comes used I suggest you go for a regd. jap car in very good condition if not a unreg 2002 city.

BTW shehan you can do better than 148 kmph in that Corolla

:lol: