• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reverse Light

Hyundaisantro

Question

5 answers to this question

My car,s reverse light is not turning on even though i shift to the reverse gear. I have checked the bulbs and they are working fine. Does anybody knows, where is the switch/contact, connected to the reverse gear indicator lights?

Check the fuse?

My car,s reverse light is not turning on even though i shift to the reverse gear. I have checked the bulbs and they are working fine. Does anybody knows, where is the switch/contact, connected to the reverse gear indicator lights?

is it Automatic or Manual? if it's manual you should be able to find the reverse switch on the gearbox housing itself. Must be the only electronic you find in an manual gearbox :) so easy to find. Check with a test lamp whether you're getting an earth (- ve supply ) out from this switch. If it's auto, you have to check the gear selector.

If your fuse is fine and if you are getting voltage to the switch, Just go down there to the gear box and check the switch, you may have 2 connection on the switch one is getting voltage into the switch from your fuse box, the other line is the return earth from the switch to the reverse light .

get a test light and keep it into 2 connection and has someone to engage gear into reverse, your test light should come on if not you have bad reverse switch

thanks

Regards

sumith

is it Automatic or Manual? if it's manual you should be able to find the reverse switch on the gearbox housing itself. Must be the only electronic you find in an manual gearbox :) so easy to find. Check with a test lamp whether you're getting an earth (- ve supply ) out from this switch. If it's auto, you have to check the gear selector.

I suspect the same.check for the reverse switch. My car also had the same issue. Take your car to a mechanic. he will sort it out for you