• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Proton Gen 2- Give Me Ur Ideas

gurugee

@ Pericles,

I nvr c any Proton Gen 2 on classifieds. So wonder how PG2 owners selling their cars? this is d reason I asked it here. Sorry dude, I have no place to check n not even HITADs

These aren't Corollas or Maruti's. There are relatively few in the island, so you have to be patient. Also keep in mind it still somewhat new, so ppl who do have them won't be looking to get rid of it already.

Basically, patience. There have been Gen 2s on AL before, and hitad. Just keep looking.

• 4 months later...

i've been using my Gen-2 for 3yrs now.... Swedish Trading is quite good.... the people there are very friendly... also... i'd say their parts are cheaper too... cos the thing is i checked with another seller who was getting down the parts... but the company was cheaper than him to...

the only problem for me was that Swedish trading is workshop is in Rathmalana... so it's a bit out of the way for me...

anyways... Bottomline - Superb car (for me), will be keeping it forever :), will only maintain it with the company only ;)

i guess tht's why u dont see too many gen2's for sale... cos if it's not maintained properly u'll end up messing it up....

<!--quoteo(post=127697:date=Jul 31 2010, 11:14 AM:name=gurugee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gurugee @ Jul 31 2010, 11:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=127697"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@ Pericles,

I nvr c any Proton Gen 2 on classifieds. So wonder how PG2 owners selling their cars? this is d reason I asked it here. Sorry dude, I have no place to check n not even HITADs<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

These aren't Corollas or Maruti's. There are relatively few in the island, so you have to be patient. Also keep in mind it still somewhat new, so ppl who do have them won't be looking to get rid of it already.

Basically, patience. There have been Gen 2s on AL before, and hitad. Just keep looking.

i totally agree with Pericles.... thats the same attitude i have too bro...

i dint buy ma gen2 with the intention to sell ;)

probably most of the guys who buy the brand new cars hardly sell em'

i've been using my Gen-2 for 3yrs now.... Swedish Trading is quite good.... the people there are very friendly... also... i'd say their parts are cheaper too... cos the thing is i checked with another seller who was getting down the parts... but the company was cheaper than him to...

the only problem for me was that Swedish trading is workshop is in Rathmalana... so it's a bit out of the way for me...

anyways... Bottomline - Superb car (for me), will be keeping it forever :), will only maintain it with the company only ;)

i guess tht's why u dont see too many gen2's for sale... cos if it's not maintained properly u'll end up messing it up....

what the heck??? Swedish Trading doing a great job??? lol

u havent faced the reality yet...

we ordered a brand new right hand side front door from swedish trading for our Proton Waja & when we went to collect the door, it has been damaged due to their carelessness. we didnt collect it & the guy who was in-charge simply said to the worker "put it inside our store, we can sell it to another proton waja owner" :action-smiley-060:

this is one of the bad experience that we had with swedish trading. Earlier we had a Proton Wira which we bought from D*MO (Prev Proton agent) and they did a wonderful service.. but swedish........pffffffffffffffff :violent-smiley-099:

Dude... I think I've heard this story long time back?

Or I wud have read it long time back...

Too bad for u mate... And I'm sorry u ha to go thru all the hassle... However, I ws never put into tht situation.. Cos I dint order any doors... :)

well to be frank I went to Swedish trading today morning too... Cos I wanted to buy rear brake pads... It cost 3,500/-

and outside it's 4,000/-

• 1 year later...