• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dslr Prices

Not really. Done quite a few beach weddings/events. I doubt I'm doing the lens any favors by swapping lens on the beach. Whut tu du? demands of the job. The lens is holding up really well, buildwise, and no drop in IQ despite the fungus, so far :)

Metro, probably. Tho last time I found a decent window in the shooting schedule and got them cleaned in Singapore when a fellow snapper went there. The trick is to have backup gear :) I don't have a spare wide if I send that off to be cleaned.

D, I was thinking of getting a package like this

http://www.amazon.co..._sc_act_title_6

Currently unavailable, but thats the idea of what I was looking for.

1- How much does metropolitan charge to clean fungus from a lens? and how long do they take? Do they clean non-canon lenses? say a tokina maybe?

2- Yeah since you're looking for a grip as well, that's seems like a nice offer indeed.

true,

Btw slightly more ON topic: do you know what the 2nd hand value of a 350D body would be? (condition: it looks obviously used)

1- How much does metropolitan charge to clean fungus from a lens? and how long do they take? Do they clean non-canon lenses? say a tokina maybe?

2- Yeah since you're looking for a grip as well, that's seems like a nice offer indeed.

No idea, probably in the 20k range, if not less. However, P.T. Barnum said it best :)

Also, no idea on the Metro charges. Didn't use them last time. Have to check and see. And this is a bad time to be checking, Dec-Jan, peak wedding season. And parties :)

Machan sometime back I asked them if they would clean a Sigma & they said no. Only canon. Also they don't recognize 'International Warranty' only what they issue.. sucks a##

Machan sometime back I asked them if they would clean a Sigma & they said no. Only canon. Also they don't recognize 'International Warranty' only what they issue.. sucks a##

They are canon's agents here. So legally they have to honour Canon's international warranty. You should complain to the parent company. After all Mtro isnt doing Canon a favour by being the agent, they make a fair bit of money off canon.

PS: thanks for the info. Metro was the only place I could think of that might do a decent job cleaning fungus. Next place that comes to mind is photoT, but they aren't the cheapest or honest (in repairs)

Edited by Watchman

They are canon's agents here. So legally they have to honour Canon's international warranty. You should complain to the parent company. After all Mtro isnt doing Canon a favour by being the agent, they make a fair bit of money off canon.

PS: thanks for the info. Metro was the only place I could think of that might do a decent job cleaning fungus. Next place that comes to mind is photoT, but they aren't the cheapest or honest (in repairs)

Didn't actually think of the complaining part.. Hmm.

Ya Photo T aren't the honest, specially the manager dude at the LP branch. He'll sell you one of those mugs that look like a L lens & insist it would work on your cam (with fluid inside)....lol Tried convincing me that a traded in Canon didn't have any fungus on it when Stevie Wonder would have been able to.

And that's exactly why I bought the body from Metro. Also the 15-85, but that was economics, it was on par with what it would cost on Amazon, so worth for the warranty. But both warranties are now expired, so moot point.

I think Sigma is either Phototechnica or Ninehearts.

Although there is supposed to be this chap at Nugegoda supermarket or summin, he comes recommended by quite a few chaps who know what they are doing with cameras...

PS: thanks for the info. Metro was the only place I could think of that might do a decent job cleaning fungus.

Probably coz they don't do it. AFAIK, they just ship the thing to Singapore. Might as well cut out the step. Wanna be the lens cleaning rep over there? :)

And that's exactly why I bought the body from Metro. Also the 15-85, but that was economics, it was on par with what it would cost on Amazon, so worth for the warranty. But both warranties are now expired, so moot point.

I think Sigma is either Phototechnica or Ninehearts.

Although there is supposed to be this chap at Nugegoda supermarket or summin, he comes recommended by quite a few chaps who know what they are doing with cameras...

Yep same reason I bought my body & 'kit (all that I could afford)' lens from the agents. Though I would think getting a lens from the states would be much cheaper & getting it off someplace like B&H etc would mean that your safe.

Ninehearts do Tamron. There was apparently this dude who used to work at Photo tech that did lens cleaning etc. But no one seems to know where he went to. Maybe its the guy at Nugegoda??

hi - I have a 550D, which gives really great shots. I do find though that the flash is not great except in small well lit areas, and I guess an external flash is needed. Appreciate any guidance on this - what do they cost, what should I be looking for etc... thanx!

Edited by NahoY

hi - I have a 550D, which gives really great shots. I do find though that the flash is not great except in small well lit areas, and I guess an external flash is needed. Appreciate any guidance on this - what do they cost, what should I be looking for etc... thanx!

Depends on what your trying to shoot. Your On-Camera flash is only good for close areas & they wont give you the coverage of using a external flash that is purpose built for a larger area. The on camera flash can't be used with a loom lens/lens with a hood either as its not high enough to clear the lens therefore casting a shadow in all your images. Plus On Camera flashes are very harsh & images look like crap.

Canon makes the 430 or the 580 if you are into serious stuff. Here they cost about 50k & 65k. If you can get it down it would be way cheaper. There are other brands like Nissin, etc which are about half the price but don't really cut it.

Try not to use the flash, & make use of the ambient light, the shots look more natural :) . If your lens is not that fast, there are cheap lenses that can get you started like Canon's 50mm f1.8 II probably cost about 10-15k here. And you then learn to make use of more of your camera's features. There are loads of links on You Tube that will give you a better idea as well :)

Hi - thanks for that. Not planning on spending much more so will work on the ambient light shots. Generally use this method, but take pictures of kids (yes, my own kids..) and getting them to stay still long enough not to use the flash is challenging to say the least!

Thanks again for the note,

Edited by NahoY

Hi - thanks for that. Not planning on spending much more so will work on the ambient light shots. Generally use this method, but take pictures of kids (yes, my own kids..) and getting them to stay still long enough not to use the flash is challenging to say the least!

Thanks again for the note,

Flash wise stick to canon the 430EXii would suit the amateur shooter more. Yes the 580 is better, but not worth the extra premium you'll be spending considering your needs.

And get the 50mm F/1.8. Probably THE most value for money lens you can get. And if you're shooting photos of your kids the shallow DoF and the low light performance would do wonders for you.

And bro, if you want really high quality photos you gotta loosen the purse strings. Sinking that much money into a hobby isnt always worth it so how much to loosen the purse strings is upto you.

Members,

Most of the under can interchange the lens with NIKON as well

These are the Available models of DSLR’s Cannon at the moment.

MODEL

Price

EOS 1100 D With 18-55 IS Lens

EOS 600 D With 18-55 IS Lens

EOS 600 D With 18-135IS Lens

EOS 600 D With 18-200IS Lens

EOS 60 D Kit With 18-55 Lens

EOS 60 D With 18-200 Lens

EOS 60 D Body

EOS 60 D With 15-85 Lens

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hon. Pericles,

I think certain members are lying and misleading other members to get them to buy certain brands of cameras. I think he has business ties to such salesmen and is trying to make money by misleading members to buy their products. I do not have proof of this YET, so I'm not fully accusing him.

But please be vigilant about such liars who might mislead the innocent automotive community.

Regards,

A concerned autolanka member

Members,

Most of the under can interchange the lens with NIKON as well

These are the Available models of DSLR’s Cannon at the moment.

The only way that Canon will support Nikon lenses is through an adapter. For someone who is into proper photography this is a no go

Edited by Gyiman

The only way that Canon will support Nikon lenses is through an adapter. For someone who is into proper photography this is a no go

'Gyiman',

You may be correct by all means. I appreciate for your post. for correcting me.

The true story of the post of mine.

I walked into a show room near famous shopping center at Bamba, With a relative of mine to buy a product from them. Who is here for a holiday from UK

they gave me those prices and the information.

I do not want to miss lead any one in the profession not interested in making any money by promoting the said product.

Because this topic was on the DSLR’s, and they had them for sale. I purely posted that post for members to know the cost of the said product and information.

I am not in pictographic business nor interested in photography.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I do not want to miss lead any one in the profession not interested in making any money by promoting the said product.

Because this topic was on the DSLR’s, and they had them for sale. I purely posted that post for members to know the cost of the said product and information.

Well, you misled anyone who listened to you. Tho that wouldn't be anyone in the profession coz they would know better. As Gyiman said, you need to use adapters. Not a common approach. I don't think you can even just fit another brand lens in, the mount and electronics are totally incompatible.

Furthermore, your list is wrong, What you have posted is the low end range of the in-production models. In addition there is the 7D, 5D and 1D series cameras. We have been discussing the first two of those in this very thread!

Also, FYI, its Canon, not Cannon.

And if you weren't interested in photography, you shouldn't have posted on this thread. There are enough people who can answer the questions asked already. And if we wanted Metropolitan's price list, we would ring them up and ask them,

Well, you misled anyone who listened to you. Tho that wouldn't be anyone in the profession coz they would know better. As Gyiman said, you need to use adapters. Not a common approach. I don't think you can even just fit another brand lens in, the mount and electronics are totally incompatible.

Furthermore, your list is wrong, What you have posted is the low end range of the in-production models. In addition there is the 7D, 5D and 1D series cameras. We have been discussing the first two of those in this very thread!

Also, FYI, its Canon, not Cannon.

And if you weren't interested in photography, you shouldn't have posted on this thread. There are enough people who can answer the questions asked already. And if we wanted Metropolitan's price list, we would ring them up and ask them,

'Pericles',

You are a professional Photographer. I never posted any thing to this thread early. As this thread was existing when I went there they told me they have this type. So I got their price list and posted same.

(Also, FYI, its Canon, not Cannon.) That was a typing mistake of mine. Thank you for notifying same to me.

I have accepted my mistake in the reply to Member Gyiman.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Metropolitan has posted a Special Offer ad for 1100D

selling price 95k going for 75k with 18-55, 4GB, bad and dry box.

ebay prices are quite lower sans the warranty here.

do you think it's worth it?

i personally do not like the body feel of the 1100D but given that it'll be my first DSLR (although not a total amateur) hope it will be worth it

'Pericles',

You are a professional Photographer. I never posted any thing to this thread early. As this thread was existing when I went there they told me they have this type. So I got their price list and posted same.

(Also, FYI, its Canon, not Cannon.) That was a typing mistake of mine. Thank you for notifying same to me.

I have accepted my mistake in the reply to Member Gyiman.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Hon. Moderator Peri,

I would like to lodge a complaint about (not)honorable member sylvi. He has been posting lies on the forum and misleading members. Also he is replying to threads on topics he too claims he doesnt know about so that he can increase his post-count and make money from the AutoLanka forum.

Also he is personally attacking me by reporting my posts to the moderator. The said post of mine did not contain any lie. It only mentioned the truth about what a fool sylvi is. If he has a problem please ask him to respond to the post like a man (if he is one) rather rather than report it to the moderator like a pu$$y-boy.

Hon. Member

Watchman

Metropolitan has posted a Special Offer ad for 1100D

selling price 95k going for 75k with 18-55, 4GB, bad and dry box.

ebay prices are quite lower sans the warranty here.

do you think it's worth it?

i personally do not like the body feel of the 1100D but given that it'll be my first DSLR (although not a total amateur) hope it will be worth it

The price seems alright given it has warranty. The 550D might be a better option if you can spend a bit more.

Sylvi don't talk thinks you don't know. You are misleading forum members by talking things you are not aware of. If you are posting a price list of a place you know, you should've given proper reference. That is how its done here.