• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Spark Plugs

seejaylk

Question

hi,,

How can i choose Spark Plugs for my car..?

there are various brands, various types(platinum, iridium, etc..) and pricess.... how can i choose best one for my car..? and

what are the best brands?

usually i'm concerning about the performance than fuel economy.

thanks in advance

13 answers to this question

hi,,

How can i choose Spark Plugs for my car..?

there are various brands, various types(platinum, iridium, etc..) and pricess.... how can i choose best one for my car..? and

what are the best brands?

usually i'm concerning about the performance than fuel economy.

thanks in advance

The best plugs for any car are OEM ones, anything else is just a waste of money.

Hi,

I just bought new spark plug from the Agent for my corolla EE-102. But its manufacturer was the DENSO.

Why is this....?

if tis a 3rd party part that the manufacturer also uses it'd be cheaper to find out the brand/model and buy it outside the agents.. so any agent is gonna charge you way more than the outside price...

if tis a 3rd party part that the manufacturer also uses it'd be cheaper to find out the brand/model and buy it outside the agents.. so any agent is gonna charge you way more than the outside price...

Yeh... have paid double, than the normal price.. :(

well i buy plugs for my corolla from the agents since they are like 10 mins away from my place.

Haven't seen a huge price difference if at all any...

I was on iridiums for quite a few months...the only thing i "noticed" was that they tend to run very clean... maybe the way the electrode is designed with a very low profile so it hardly gets dirty even on an older car...

since i wasn't born with the human dyno capability...no idea about increase power and performance etc...

you kinda "feel" good running them after reading all the literature and that's about it :)

Paltunum & Iridium plugs last long and you get better performance too.

BS. While platinums Do last longer, They DO NOT increase performance. Infact, they actually decrease it, though the loss in horse power is too minute to notice. BTW copper is more conductive than platinum and iridium, so add that into your equation.

BS. While platinums Do last longer, They DO NOT increase performance. Infact, they actually decrease it, though the loss in horse power is too minute to notice. BTW copper is more conductive than platinum and iridium, so add that into your equation.

yeah...i wonder how one measures performance after installing these plugs :P

Human Dyno!!!! :D

yeah...i wonder how one measures performance after installing these plugs :P

Human Dyno!!!! :D

I think the increase in horsepower is a direct result of the increase in marketing and price of platinum and iridium spark plugs, much like most performance chips.