• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice On Complaining Against A Cop

Thanushka

Hi Guys,

Last Saturday I got busted by a Cop, when trying to overtake a bus (when the bus was going to stop @ the bus halt). The bugger said that I over take the @ the passenger crossing (Kaha Iry) and fined me 500 bucks. But the bugger gave me the paper written as diving parallely, which I didn't do. And also there was only 1 guy. My questions are.

As far as I can remember I didn't over took the bus @ the passenger crossing. If so thenthe bus stopped @ the passenger crossing. If so then Y didn't the bugger saw it.

And aslo AFAIK if it is safe then U r ok to overtake at the passenger crossing. ( Not sure)

And there is only 1 guy at that time. Can 1 guy issue a fine. <_<

And the bugger issued the fine saying something totally different as I can understand.

Therefore I'm thinking of taking some action and screwing the bugger a bit. :angry-smiley-048:

Can I do that and if so how I can put a complaint against a Cop and what is the procedure.

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Last Saturday I got busted by a Cop, when trying to overtake a bus (when the bus was going to stop @ the bus halt). The bugger said that I over take the @ the passenger crossing (Kaha Iry) and fined me 500 bucks. But the bugger gave me the paper written as diving parallely, which I didn't do. And also there was only 1 guy. My questions are.

As far as I can remember I didn't over took the bus @ the passenger crossing. If so thenthe bus stopped @ the passenger crossing. If so then Y didn't the bugger saw it.

And aslo AFAIK if it is safe then U r ok to overtake at the passenger crossing. ( Not sure)

And there is only 1 guy at that time. Can 1 guy issue a fine. <_<

And the bugger issued the fine saying something totally different as I can understand.

Therefore I'm thinking of taking some action and screwing the bugger a bit. :angry-smiley-048:

Can I do that and if so how I can put a complaint against a Cop and what is the procedure.

Thanks.

I can understand your thoughts. However, unless you have some really high level contacts at the police or with a politician, you are just going to waste your time.

It will be your word against his and normally his is always believed. If its only Rs. 500, cut your losses and move on. Its always good to have a traffic cop as your freind or nodding acquaintance rather than the opposite, if you know what I mean.

It will be your word against his and normally his is always believed. If its only Rs. 500, cut your losses and move on. Its always good to have a traffic cop as your freind or nodding acquaintance rather than the opposite, if you know what I mean.

exactly! don't bother machang!

I once complained to the police commission against some coppers! cutting a long story short...they were fully at fault!

The folks at the police commission seems to be nice chaps and very helpful...but the best joke is that they transfer the case to the head cop shed of the area the incident took place :D

So imagine walking into a cop shed, show them the piece of paper that says you're there to make your case against a fellow cop :D :D

i realized my mistake...walked away never to return!

Machan.. i can understand your frustration. But your chances are very low getting him screwed by going through the incident.

Last Saturday I got busted by a Cop, when trying to overtake a bus (when the bus was going to stop @ the bus halt)
- If bus is moving you overtake at the pedestrial crossing, you are at fault

But the bugger gave me the paper written as diving parallely, which I didn't do
- yes, you have driven parellely. If the bus is moving and you are overtaking him at wrong place, yes you are driving parallel to other vehicle in a place you are not supposed to do that.

I got similar fine when i cross the single line at 1.00am in the midnight - I was charged saying "not driving in left - wamen nopadaveema"

And also there was only 1 guy
AFAIK, 1 cop is enough. Check poilce website FAQ related to traffic rules.

- wrong again. You are not supposed to overtake at passenger crossing/single line/double line (but yes in sri lanka no dedicated lanes for slow moving/or bus stops so we have to cross them) - may be that is why to tackle the law point police give different wording to the charge they write down.

Machan.. i can understand your frustration. But your chances are very low getting him screwed by going through the incident.

- If bus is moving you overtake at the pedestrial crossing, you are at fault

- yes, you have driven parellely. If the bus is moving and you are overtaking him at wrong place, yes you are driving parallel to other vehicle in a place you are not supposed to do that.

I got similar fine when i cross the single line at 1.00am in the midnight - I was charged saying "not driving in left - wamen nopadaveema"

AFAIK, 1 cop is enough. Check poilce website FAQ related to traffic rules.

- wrong again. You are not supposed to overtake at passenger crossing/single line/double line (but yes in sri lanka no dedicated lanes for slow moving/or bus stops so we have to cross them) - may be that is why to tackle the law point police give different wording to the charge they write down.

Thanks mate.

exactly! don't bother machang!

I once complained to the police commission against some coppers! cutting a long story short...they were fully at fault!

The folks at the police commission seems to be nice chaps and very helpful...but the best joke is that they transfer the case to the head cop shed of the area the incident took place :D

So imagine walking into a cop shed, show them the piece of paper that says you're there to make your case against a fellow cop :D :D

i realized my mistake...walked away never to return!

Thanks machan,

It seems very difficult for me too.. They'll try to protect their own kind, even the bugger was wrong.

My dear,

Give it up.think that you gave some money to a poor fellow.Make sure to stick to your highway rules

As somebody said try to have a good rapport with the police,and you can get any impossible thing possible

To screw him you shud have sound evidence which you dnt have.

best of luck

Last week I had the same fine. Once the double line was over, I overtook a lorry. (I knew there were police, guys were flashing headlamps on myway, but I didn't know there was a damn zebra crossing. How would I know it? No board signs at least just before it)

They said they can't fine it, instead it should direct to the court. But later agreed to a fine of 500/= for 'Weradi lesa issara kirima'.

Because of a one brave guy..at least he might be a lawyer (In Anuradhapura district as I heard, correct me) we had a time that no highspeed was fined.. We need more people like that! But careful if u don't have any contacts related to police/ politicians. If not, its better to pay the fine, say f*ck off to them and leave. (Of course say it after u came back to the vehicle and shut the door :angry-smiley-048: )

Last week I had the same fine. Once the double line was over, I overtook a lorry. (I knew there were police, guys were flashing headlamps on myway, but I didn't know there was a damn zebra crossing. How would I know it? No board signs at least just before it)

They said they can't fine it, instead it should direct to the court. But later agreed to a fine of 500/= for 'Weradi lesa issara kirima'.

Because of a one brave guy..at least he might be a lawyer (In Anuradhapura district as I heard, correct me) we had a time that no highspeed was fined.. We need more people like that! But careful if u don't have any contacts related to police/ politicians. If not, its better to pay the fine, say f*ck off to them and leave. (Of course say it after u came back to the vehicle and shut the door :angry-smiley-048: )

Yep, thats what I did after paying the fine. :angry-smiley-048:

I f**ked a guy for 500 bucks. U want find for that price easily. :angry-smiley-048:

I thought it would be a good idea for the members of AL to know the Motor Traffic Law.

There are so many laws in the MTA [Motor Traffic Act] ---and anyone can be forgiven for not remembering all the prevalent laws!

I would advice the members to go through each Section at leisure. It could be for your benefit - when dealing with cops :)

MTA or

MTA

Edited by mirage7777

once i was riding my mo bike in Negombo,

It was a good looking Honda Cbr,and suddenly a bloody Pc came and stopped me saying this byk is illegal and need to take in to custody of police.I explained everything showing all the documents ,but couldn't convince him.Then he called his traffic OIC ,same kind of pig headed idiot told me the same.

So they took my driving lisions and asked me to come to police within 14 days.

I dnt no what the hell wrong with these guys. At least somebody should impose laws on recruitment of police men to select people with common sense

once i was riding my mo bike in Negombo,

It was a good looking Honda Cbr,and suddenly a bloody Pc came and stopped me saying this byk is illegal and need to take in to custody of police.I explained everything showing all the documents ,but couldn't convince him.Then he called his traffic OIC ,same kind of pig headed idiot told me the same.

So they took my driving lisions and asked me to come to police within 14 days.

I dnt no what the hell wrong with these guys. At least somebody should impose laws on recruitment of police men to select people with common sense

So what happened after that? Was the bike illegal? Or did this just happen in the last couple of days?

So what happened after that? Was the bike illegal? Or did this just happen in the last couple of days?

Mr. SenD,

Today cops are behaving to their own whims fancy's Rupees and cents.

Yesterday one cop requested my drivers license without his cap I chased him out saying come in full uniform if you want to do your duty.

He like a worm went off in front of the Pettah bus stand with out talking a word he knew his fault. My driver has taken a Pic of the incident with his phone camera and recorded the conversation if I will be called to police station as this cop has my Vehicle number. I have enough evidence to prove no police officer cannot request drivers License with out informing the offense what we have committed. Police Officer must be in full uniform.

Police officers stop Vehicles and request to drop them in their homes and Police stations Do We have to oblige this practice.

I never give my License till the cop write and give me the white chit I read my license to the cop.

WE all must get to gather and represent to DIG traffic the grievances what Motorists face in this country in outstation Police officers expect us to come to their foot steps when we are stopped on the road.

I have complained to Colombo DIG and DIG traffic about the behavior of officers They always call back and thank me for informing the unethical behavior of their lover ranks.

There was a Muslim DIG who comes to Beef stalls and request 5 KGs beef without any payment for his dining table who is no more in this Paradise Island he suffered for all sins what he did with his uniform his brother Police high ranker another bribe taker was shot in Colombo 00200 few years ago.

Wijesinghe

Edited by Sylvi

Yesterday one cop requested my drivers license without his cap I chased him out saying come in full uniform if you want to do your duty.

He like a worm went off in front of the Pettah bus stand with out talking a word he knew his fault. My driver has taken a Pic of the incident with his phone camera and recorded the conversation if I will be called to police station as this cop has my Vehicle number. I have enough evidence to prove no police officer cannot request drivers License with out informing the offense what we have committed. Police Officer must be in full uniform.

Contrary to what I thought, Uncle Sylvi does seem to have some balls! shaaa!!! nice!!

Would love to hear this conversation if possible though :)

Edited by Dilesh

I have complained to Colombo DIG and DIG traffic about the behavior of officers They always call back and thank me for informing the unethical behavior of their lover ranks.

Wijesinghe

awww.... really? :wub:

Awesome 1st class english Unkell!!!

PS: 'Unkel' is not a typo. I didnt want to type uncle cos sylvi is not related to me!

Guys sorry for the delay,

Ha its regarding my bike.So i contacted the HQI of police who happened to be one of my cousins.He did everything in favor of me and returned the license through that cop.

Anyway my bike is fully legal one without any doubt.

Guys sorry for the delay,

Ha its regarding my bike.So i contacted the HQI of police who happened to be one of my cousins.He did everything in favor of me and returned the license through that cop.

Anyway my bike is fully legal one without any doubt.

Mr.'TURBOMAN,

Glad to hear you sorted out without much problem.

My license was taken and not put in proper way by logging a entry by the cop who took same in one of the Colombo Police station about 10 years ago and they had a inquiry for my complain without me informed me saying there is no proof to say my license was taken by police then I contacted very high officer at that time he within two days got the same constable to return my License to my door step he informs me for the reason I did not mention the name of my friend who is a high rank officer at that time.

This constable had hidden my license because I made an complain to that police against him not returning license and did not give me a white receipt. After that I never give the License I read same for the cops and any fault of mine if so give me the receipt before handing over the license. As like ID card Driving license is a personal document of Srilankans.

This is Srilanka Police.

Most annoying problem is parking problem that we are facing at the moment in Colombo roads.

Wjesinghe.