• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do Not Turn On A/c As Soon As U Enter The Car

JAFF

No wonder more folks are dying from cancer than ever before. We wonder where this stuff comes from but here is an example that explains a lot of the cancer causing incidents. Hmmm. Many people are in their cars first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, 7 days a week. As I read this, it makes me feel guilty and ill. Please pass this on to as many people as possible. Guess its not too late to make some changes

Car A/C (Air Conditioning) MUST READ!!!

Please do NOT turn on A/C as soon as you enter the car.

Open the windows after you enter your car and turn ON the AC after a couple of minutes.

Here's why:

According to a research, the car dashboard, sofa, air freshener emit Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen - take time to observe the smell of heated plastic in your car).

In addition to causing cancer, Benzene poisons your bones, causes anemia and reduces white blood cells.

Prolonged exposure will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer.

Can also cause miscarriage.

Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50mg per sq.ft. A car parked indoors with windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene.

If parked outdoors under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level.

People who get into the car, keeping windows closed will inevitably inhale, in quick succession, excessive amounts of the toxin.

Benzene is a toxin that affects your kidney and liver.. What's worse, it is extremely difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

So friends, please open the windows and door of your car - give time for interior to air out -dispel the deadly stuff - before you enter.

I HOPE THIS IS A HELPFUL INFORMATION TO THE MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM :)

Edited by JAFF

Thanks for sharing, i hope things like this are being cared by R&D units of respective automobile manufacturers. Anyways as a practice i used to and am putting down shutters to let go of warm/hot air to help a/c system to reach its desired temperature much fast. Seems a healthy practice too while i thought its only economical.

like many chain emails this has some truth to it, but it is overblown significantly

more details can be found here

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/automobil...zene_in_car.htm

as the article suggests just ventilate a little more to be on the safe side

Yes this is very true. The VOC's inside cars dont get anywhere near the levels the email says. The VOC's are also responsible for the 'new car smell' you get in cars. This is when all the materials are new and they give off a lot of VOC's but this quickly drops off after a few weeks or months (as the paint, glues, plastic etc dry off). Even if you get a slight build up of VOC's in the car on a sunny day when you open the door this displaces a large volume of air to let the concentration drop quite a bit. Anyway using the A/C should be good as long as you dont have the re-circulate mode off as this will bring it fresh air from the outside.

Yes this is very true. The VOC's inside cars dont get anywhere near the levels the email says. The VOC's are also responsible for the 'new car smell' you get in cars. This is when all the materials are new and they give off a lot of VOC's but this quickly drops off after a few weeks or months (as the paint, glues, plastic etc dry off). Even if you get a slight build up of VOC's in the car on a sunny day when you open the door this displaces a large volume of air to let the concentration drop quite a bit. Anyway using the A/C should be good as long as you dont have the re-circulate mode off as this will bring it fresh air from the outside.

yep...and in our climate...all this happens really fast :)