• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes Benz

preethie

HI..

I am new to here. i need some clarification Please

I am planning to buy a Mercedes Benz W123 200D 32 sri car for personnel use.

I want to know some clarification.

If anyone knows about this please help .

About spear pats availability and it prices

Diesel consumption & running cost

and what is the precent price for this kind of car.

Thanks

• 10 months later...

i know little about w 123 bcose i had one too. car is super . strong . comfortable. but very lazy . 200 engine is good on fuel but no power when you overtaking the other vehicle. try to buy 240d it is the best.spears available go avinda motors.very cheap maintain.disel about 12-13 kmpl. i sold my car about 7 months ago 11.35. my car is very good full option car.with beige leather interior with dvd and tv. price depend on the condition. it goes between 7 laks and 12 laks.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

we have a w123 240d at home, and it hasnt exactly given major trouble. Not the best car to drive around colombo cos parking's a bit hard due to size. So most of the time its used for long distance drives. the 1st and 2nd gears are not as energetic as it might be on some other cars, but once you get cruising on the 3rd and 4th its quite an enjoyable and relaxing drive.

It could be as old as 30 years so the condition of the vehicle will greatly affect the price. Most parts should be available at places like avinda who specialize in mercs.

• Like 1

we have a w123 240d at home, and it hasnt exactly given major trouble. Not the best car to drive around colombo cos parking's a bit hard due to size. So most of the time its used for long distance drives. the 1st and 2nd gears are not as energetic as it might be on some other cars, but once you get cruising on the 3rd and 4th its quite an enjoyable and relaxing drive.

It could be as old as 30 years so the condition of the vehicle will greatly affect the price. Most parts should be available at places like avinda who specialize in mercs.

I'm hoping to buy it around March or April 2012 as my First own car. I think better 2 buy a vehicle like W123 as a First Car than buying an Alto or a Starlet. If spares are plenty I wish to buy one. It's a Classic Ride. Is it a reliable vehicle for Long distance trips?

its a super car.. you should go for it... just make sure tokeep an eye out for rust, speciallycheck under the carpets, if there is moisture your in for trouble ... ive not driven a 200d but personally owned a 300d for over 10years.. it had more than enought power even with a full load and still returned 12+ on a litre... i doubt that there will be much of a price difference between the 200 n 300..

the car you saw was an original diesel or a convert... its pretty much the same but if the conversion has not been done properly you will have eternal issues and not to mention crazy vibration at idle..

• Like 1

if you are going for a W123, make sure you go for a 240D engine. and also its great if you could buy a manual transmission rather than an automatic. my uncle has a W123 240D with an automatic transmission and it sucks to drive it. takes like forever to reach 60kmph. like watchman says, W123's are very low on power on the 1st and 2nd gear but as you move up the gear, it gets better. there are 300D engines as well but probably most of them are converted. 31 sri, 32 sri W123's are generally original diesel while 64- could be converted as far as i know. incredibly reliable car. cheap parts. check avinda enterprises for parts.

• Like 1

if you are going for a W123, make sure you go for a 240D engine. and also its great if you could buy a manual transmission rather than an automatic. my uncle has a W123 240D with an automatic transmission and it sucks to drive it. takes like forever to reach 60kmph. like watchman says, W123's are very low on power on the 1st and 2nd gear but as you move up the gear, it gets better. there are 300D engines as well but probably most of them are converted. 31 sri, 32 sri W123's are generally original diesel while 64- could be converted as far as i know. incredibly reliable car. cheap parts. check avinda enterprises for parts.

thanks very much! I also checked about the 300D which is more powerful.

its a super car.. you should go for it... just make sure tokeep an eye out for rust, speciallycheck under the carpets, if there is moisture your in for trouble ... ive not driven a 200d but personally owned a 300d for over 10years.. it had more than enought power even with a full load and still returned 12+ on a litre... i doubt that there will be much of a price difference between the 200 n 300..

the car you saw was an original diesel or a convert... its pretty much the same but if the conversion has not been done properly you will have eternal issues and not to mention crazy vibration at idle..

Ur right it has plenty of spares, even LED head lights are also there, and still china is making alternative parts for these cars/

if power is what your looking for there is a version of the w123 with a 3litre 5 cylinder turbo diesel.. its the same engine as the 300d wiith a turbo.. very common on the w126 range but i have seen a few 123's with this engine but were both automatic tho..

p.s. i am looking for a w126 diesel.. prefer the SEL(which is six inches longer than the SE).. if you know of any such car pls pm me,, thanx

• Like 1