• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gtr Arrives In Sri Lanka

darinwrxsti

Hey, we dont have permission to see it.. maybe you dont mind posting the public link to it?

Ahh forgot FB is all hyped about privacy now! :-) wait wait.. It's a friend's album so I'll ask him to adjust privacy settings. The fellow even went for a spin on it! :-D

Ahh forgot FB is all hyped about privacy now! :-) wait wait.. It's a friend's album so I'll ask him to adjust privacy settings. The fellow even went for a spin on it! :-D

I m not sure if you meant that your friend went for a spin in the car, because if that is the case thats 100% BS. I have been starring at the car for days but as the management rule is not to drive the merchanidise, no one has driven it. Even from the port it came on a car carrier.

The only way your friend could have driven the car is if he stole it, which i m sure he didnt.

I m not sure if you meant that your friend went for a spin in the car, because if that is the case thats 100% BS. I have been starring at the car for days but as the management rule is not to drive the merchanidise, no one has driven it. Even from the port it came on a car carrier.

The only way your friend could have driven the car is if he stole it, which i m sure he didnt.

yeah...i knew that sounded like a bit of BS :) earlier also we had one chap who claimed to have driven a GTR under very suspicious circumstances :D

i think some loosers find it cool to brag like that :)

well in the port someone can, i don't know who exactly it is but someone has.

Whoa awesome to see a GTR in SL. I melted like butter when i saw the photos. But um isnt the GPS units on these cars able to limit the speed to a little under 200kmh until it comes in view of a race track?

There are no race tracks or maps of SL programmed into it so im guessin it barely reach its potential when switched to R mode.

Also it is claimed the computer on this baby is unhackable.

Not to mention that no one on the whole island can service and maintain it coz its a technological marvel.

props to whoever bought it but can the agents even maintain it?

Plus the only nitrogen filling station fer da tires is at the IOC near Greenpath (only one i've seen ne way).

Still I wanna steal it n make love to it :-)

Edited by dakrazyman20

well in the port someone can, i don't know who exactly it is but someone has.

You must be referring to the spins guys go on Ists and Allions and other mundane yet amazingly 'popular' cars in SL. Every time an exotic lands in Colombo the representative of the Importer is there and nothing happens to that car without someone known to the importer hanging around. Darin can correct me if I am wrong.

Like most things hyped up... there are many many drivers of this car in SL today... :)

To be honest I haven't even seen a GTR in real life anywhere and I would love to at least stand next to it. The closest I will ever see her will be if I drive past the sale.

But why BS about things that are really beyond us?

You are just speculating that someone drove it and in your parlance, 'spun' it... of course someone drove it... but that someone is probably the clearing agent himself as any damages to the car until final delivery is his baby.

I think its a really bad human trait that many of us have to belittle someone else's great achievement to feel good about our pitiful existence. . By alleging that someone already drove it/spun it/spun the wheels, many expect to stand out in a crowd and be hailed a 'hero' for reason best known to them only. Not realizing what it does is plant seed of doubt in people's minds about 'Did that really happen? Are there anything missing in the car, did they scratch her?'

Darin, congrats on being instrumental in bringing her down. Ripper was telling me all about the car and I wish I came that day too.

Hope the would be new owner will do justice to the car.

Meanwhile, I bought a few lotteries... just in case... ;)

Edited by VVTi

You must be referring to the spins guys go on Ists and Allions and other mundane yet amazingly 'popular' cars in SL. Every time an exotic lands in Colombo the representative of the Importer is there and nothing happens to that car without someone known to the importer hanging around. Darin can correct me if I am wrong.

Like most things hyped up... there are many many drivers of this car in SL today... :)

To be honest I haven't even seen a GTR in real life anywhere and I would love to at least stand next to it. The closest I will ever see her will be if I drive past the sale.

But why BS about things that are really beyond us?

You are just speculating that someone drove it and in your parlance, 'spun' it... of course someone drove it... but that someone is probably the clearing agent himself as any damages to the car until final delivery is his baby.

I think its a really bad human trait that many of us have to belittle someone else's great achievement to feel good about our pitiful existence. . By alleging that someone already drove it/spun it/spun the wheels, many expect to stand out in a crowd and be hailed a 'hero' for reason best known to them only. Not realizing what it does is plant seed of doubt in people's minds about 'Did that really happen? Are there anything missing in the car, did they scratch her?'

Darin, congrats on being instrumental in bringing her down. Ripper was telling me all about the car and I wish I came that day too.

Hope the would be new owner will do justice to the car.

Meanwhile, I bought a few lotteries... just in case... ;)

you are really talking about something that you don't know of. my source is the same that published the first photos of the GTR here, from the harbor it self. i think you are the one who is trying to be a hero by talking stuff that you don't know about. why don't you stand next to a GTR and get some photos and get over your sense of inadequacy. unlike you i have been near a GTR long before it came to SL when i was abroad sometime ago. i don't feel inadequate in the same manner that you do although i am too very greatful that some sri lankan is about to be lucky enough to get hold of this masterpiece that i never have enough of looking at.

the info that i got, revealed that the GTR was not simply 'driven' so to speak. whether it was with or without the consent or the knowledge of the owners is not something that i know of or interested in finding out. i worry that i divulged an information that can be interpreted by a sissy public as being somehow demeaning the car.

you are really talking about something that you don't know of. my source is the same that published the first photos of the GTR here, from the harbor it self. i think you are the one who is trying to be a hero by talking stuff that you don't know about. why don't you stand next to a GTR and get some photos and get over your sense of inadequacy. unlike you i have been near a GTR long before it came to SL when i was abroad sometime ago. i don't feel inadequate in the same manner that you do although i am too very greatful that some sri lankan is about to be lucky enough to get hold of this masterpiece that i never have enough of looking at.

the info that i got, revealed that the GTR was not simply 'driven' so to speak. whether it was with or without the consent or the knowledge of the owners is not something that i know of or interested in finding out. i worry that i divulged an information that can be interpreted by a sissy public as being somehow demeaning the car.

And your point is...?? To rub it in the face of the importer that someone (you think) but actually didn't see... Spinning the car... Inside the port...??

ooohhh... GTR fanboy who has stood next to one... ;) and while abroad too... I am sure next you will tell us where you have been too... right?

So what else did your source at the Harbor tell you?

What else has he driven while inside the harbour? :action-smiley-060:

Did he drive the Army Tanks when they came also, or perhaps he took some of the choppers for a 'spin'?? Do you have pics of those?

he he he he...

Dude... why are you wearing the hat I threw very high? It seems that you jumped up from the roof of your Cefiro and stuck out your head and wore it in style.

Like they say... if the hat fits... :):rolleyes:

I thought VVTI long reply is about topgears comment about the spining .. isn't it?

Pity. I can remember a 'rebellious' website who had certain members who would have worshiped their own- if they had stood next to a 'super-car' abroad :)

Anyway its good news to have a GTR on our shows..

Was this pre-ordered for someone? or is for anyone to purchase?

Edited by Elvis_Pil

ooohhh... GTR fanboy who has stood next to one... ;) and while abroad too... I am sure next you will tell us where you have been too... right?

Did he drive the Army Tanks when they came also, or perhaps he took some of the choppers for a 'spin'?? Do you have pics of those?

he he he he...

Dude... why are you wearing the hat I threw very high? It seems that you jumped up from the roof of your Cefiro and stuck out your head and wore it in style.

ROFLMAO....heh heh!

anyways...imho...unless there is indisputable evidence like a pic or something with this guy actually driving it...it's just a tall story :D

tall tales we all have heard before here :D

just like Krisco nihal...just like that other dude who claimed he drove a GTR for a month while in sing and gave fuel figures for the nissan thread :D

boo hoo to them losers! :P

he he he he...

i don't think it is any difficult to find the more desperate GTR fanboy when one drools all over the key board, at the mercy of lottery tickets, feeling inadequate.

don't twist facts. i did not say my friend wheel spinned it in the harbor. i said my friend who was also the first to post pictures of the car from the harbor it self in this thread saw someone smoking GTRs tyres or summin to that extent. i don't see a reason why he'd utter any lie to me. he is not of that caliber. so i believe it. whether you believe it or not is up to you. besides what's the big deal in smoking tyres in any car? that is something i have done hundreds of times (not in a GTR of course). there is no magic to it. it is not a car breaking gesture either. i just reported what i heard. it wasn't with an intention of demeaning the car. you guys are the ones twisting it as somehow demeaning the car.

bdw i have nothing to do with with that face book joker. DevindaZ, Supra, Xxx, Kim and many others are in my face book profile and they would know that i posted nothing about the GTR in FB.

ROFLMAO....heh heh!

anyways...imho...unless there is indisputable evidence like a pic or something with this guy actually driving it...it's just a tall story :D

tall tales we all have heard before here :D

just like Krisco nihal...just like that other dude who claimed he drove a GTR for a month while in sing and gave fuel figures for the nissan thread :D

boo hoo to them losers! :P

this is the wonder about allowing by-standers to take photos of master-pieces to post in forums. :rolleyes:

i can see why you desperately demand photo evidence of my claim. coz photos is all there is to you.

this is the wonder about allowing by-standers to take photos of master-pieces to post in forums. :rolleyes:

i can see why you desperately demand photo evidence of my claim. coz photos is all there is to you.

im not desperate for anything mate!

You're the one who's desperately rattling on about how this car was driven in the port with zero evidence.

did you see it yourself been driven there eh?

there are so many wanna-bees and losers who claim so many things while not having done jack.

coz photos is all there is to you

like you know me!!!...just f**k off mate!

i don't think it is any difficult to find the more desperate GTR fanboy when one drools all over the key board, at the mercy of lottery tickets, feeling inadequate.

don't twist facts. i did not say my friend wheel spinned it in the harbor. i said my friend who was also the first to post pictures of the car from the harbor it self in this thread saw someone smoking GTRs tyres or summin to that extent. i don't see a reason why he'd utter any lie to me. he is not of that caliber. so i believe it. whether you believe it or not is up to you. besides what's the big deal in smoking tyres in any car? that is something i have done hundreds of times (not in a GTR of course). there is no magic to it. it is not a car breaking gesture either. i just reported what i heard. it wasn't with an intention of demeaning the car. you guys are the ones twisting it as somehow demeaning the car.

bdw i have nothing to do with with that face book joker. DevindaZ, Supra, Xxx, Kim and many others are in my face book profile and they would know that i posted nothing about the GTR in FB.

Smoking the tyres of a gtr, wonder how he did that as the gtr is 4wd and not a manual and there is absolutely no way he can do it or did it, unless he fitted a brake bias to the car in the port and then did it and i m sure your friend or anyone else in SL is not a conversant mechanic on gtr's, and there is absolutely no way anyone did this ,or saw anyone doing this on our car.

And yes spinning the wheels on a car aint a big deal, but it is, if someone is claiming to do it on a car that he/she doesnt own. When a car is in the port any of the wharf clarks have the authority to move it around and taking pics of the car was not a big deal because people tend to do that.

However the car was only moved to the inspection bay and back, and it was closely watched as we had hired 2 private security guards to be near the car. If you reported what you heard and didnt see then its nonsensical because there is no justification to either what you say or your so called friend. And it aint your problem is quite right but, dont come on public forums and tarnish reputations of people just because you were told by your so called reliable source. And even though your intention is not to demean the car , your most likely trying to demean the importers buy saying the car was driven by your someone at the port on a public forum which implies that we have no clue on what is happening to our merchandise at the port. Which i beg to differ and strongly disagree. If you have any more to say please come and say it to my face and bring your friend along too, i m sure you know where to find me, if you dont then let this rest!!!!!!!!

Edited by darinwrxsti

I'm so embarrassed that I have to say this but actually, my friend was just S**** around with me when he said that! That idiot! He knew I'd feel jealous so he said it! ( Who wouldn't!)

Sorry everyone!

I've alreadt dealt him a punch on the tummy for his lie!

i said my friend who was also the first to post pictures of the car from the harbor it self in this thread saw someone smoking GTRs tyres or summin to that extent.

"Taking a car for a spin" doesn't mean doing burnouts. It means going for a proper drive. I'm sure someone drove the car onto and out of the car carrier too, and parked it in the display but that doesn't equate "going for a spin".

Of more concern tho, Darin, as was asked, was this pre-ordered? I still couldn't come by to see it, would be a shame if I couldn't take some pics before the owner takes delivery.