• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Are The Things That I Have To Change On My Newly Bought Used Car?

MiraOwner

Question

What are the things that i have to change on my newly bought used car?

Hi all,

Just got registered to AL. i have been following the forums for a while though. i bought my first car last sunday.

Description of the car

Make/Model - Daihatsu Mira (L700)

has done 150,000KM on the meter.

650CC engine (dont know if its carb or EFI)

Automatic Gearbox

Absolutely no services history.

but the car has not been in any major accidents.

So i need your advices on what i need to change and check for and possibly improve life and performance and fuel economy.

Thanks in advance!

:)

19 answers to this question

1.change engine oil and the filter.

2.clean/renew air filter

3.change automatic gear box oil.

4.Check front brake pads and rear brake shoes.

5.check power steering oil levels and brake oil levels.

6.check the battery.

7. check all bulbs (Head lamps and tail lights).

• Like 1

1.change engine oil and the filter.

2.clean/renew air filter

3.change automatic gear box oil.

4.Check front brake pads and rear brake shoes.

5.check power steering oil levels and brake oil levels.

6.check the battery.

7. check all bulbs (Head lamps and tail lights).

Thanks Jaga

any other suggestions anyone?

timing belt or chain depending on the system.. quite important me thinks..

AC service.. sure the bugger hasnt done it.

engine tune up possibly..

read a little bit on the car.. get to know the car...

i am worried about the clutch as well.. do you think it would be a concern? if the previous owners havnt replaced it then i am at a high risk of a break down right? BTW does anyone know a good place to buy reliable parts for a Daihatsu mira? this is the same car as the perodua kelisa with a minor changes. if anyone could shed some more light on to this appreciate it.

and thanks Charitha.

i am worried about the clutch as well.. do you think it would be a concern? if the previous owners havnt replaced it then i am at a high risk of a break down right? BTW does anyone know a good place to buy reliable parts for a Daihatsu mira? this is the same car as the perodua kelisa with a minor changes. if anyone could shed some more light on to this appreciate it.

and thanks Charitha.

if its automatic there is no clutch bro.. changing the ATF oil would do..

dont know if its a bargain but i bought it for 890k only time will tell as long as it doesnt give trouble its worth for that price i think

maybe it's just me but that sounds a tad bit steep :unsure:

@Don - He owns an L700 Mira, which looks same as Kelisa not Viva. Kelisas have 850CC and 1000CC non-VVT engines. Vivas have same capacity VVT engines. However, JDM Miras came with 650CC engine. Owing to the bad power to weight ratio, Mira would do a bit lower than a Kelisa on fuel.

Edited by Crosswind

my 2 cents:

Change brake fluid also.It's better if you could replace all the break washers in all the wheels + master pump with the oil change. At least get the mech to inspect the condition of those. Since you don't have the maintenance records of the car it's really important to know the condition of the brakes. If washers are replaced you must go for OEM or original seiken ones. (better if you could use repair kits that include the pistons too - but pricey) There are tons of counterfeit siekens so find genuine siekens.

Change the radiator coolant too.

Actually replace all the fluids/filters and any other things that are replaced periodically so it'll give you peace of mind and a fresh start to your maintenance schedule :)

my 2 cents:

Change brake fluid also.It's better if you could replace all the break washers in all the wheels + master pump with the oil change. At least get the mech to inspect the condition of those. Since you don't have the maintenance records of the car it's really important to know the condition of the brakes. If washers are replaced you must go for OEM or original seiken ones. (better if you could use repair kits that include the pistons too - but pricey) There are tons of counterfeit siekens so find genuine siekens.

Change the radiator coolant too.

Actually replace all the fluids/filters and any other things that are replaced periodically so it'll give you peace of mind and a fresh start to your maintenance schedule :)

Is it just me or did you just answer a 2 year old question?

• Like 1

Hay could you please share about the fuel consumption experience regarding your Daihatsu Mira ?

Got to ask, are you writing a book on fuel consumption? All I ever see is you popping old threads (on a weekly basis) and asking about fuel consumption figures of various cars.