• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Car To Buy Fb15 N16 Or Carina

fayas

Hi

I am looking for a car around 2.0 million my options are

1. Nissan FB15 new face

2. N16 or N17

3. Toyota Carina

Of course there are ample dicussion about fuel consumption, maintainence.

I want expert opinion on Current value of the vehicles and ability resale :unsure:

** I wonder why The Carina Even after the tax reduction lurks ABOVE my budjet mark**

Regards

Hi

1. Nissan FB15 new face

2. N16 or N17

3. Toyota Carina

I want expert opinion on Current value of the vehicles and ability resale :unsure:

** I wonder why The Carina Even after the tax reduction lurks ABOVE my budjet mark**

Regards

i would prefer Carina, its the most best choice among the above cars. just wait for anothr few weeks and u will be able to find a carina for your budget

i would prefer Carina, its the most best choice among the above cars. just wait for anothr few weeks and u will be able to find a carina for your budget

Carina is say if iI go for a 2000 one, is 10 Years OLD but for the same price I could buy a 2003 FB15 or N16.

Theoretically less Used, Is this line of thinking is practically reasonable.

Tc

Carina is say if iI go for a 2000 one, is 10 Years OLD but for the same price I could buy a 2003 FB15 or N16.

Theoretically less Used, Is this line of thinking is practically reasonable.

Tc

Can you actually compare a carina AT 212 with FB15 or FN16?

although the Carina is old i can say Carina is far way better than FB15, because i have driven both these cars and Carina is really a fabulous car. its comfy, stable, luxury, very economical & higher market value than the FB15. but i donno about N16.heard than fuel figure of N16 is really bad(correct me if im wrong). if u would be able to find a well maintained a car, im sure you would love it. :)

but the interior of Carina looks too old and ugly,also the pulling power of 1500cc is not so good. if buying, try to get a 1800cc. i have heard many people saying that 1800cc does good on fuel than 1500cc

N16 and Carina 1.5L are no better than one another in terms of fuel economy with automatic transmission. we are talking about 8 km/L in rush hour traffic for either car. i know this very well coz my best friend had AT212 1.5L and he got rid of it due to fuel consumption which is bordering that of even a cefiro. comfort wise though carina is a league above N16. value for money wise n16 is a league above.

Hi,

My first car was FB15 2000 model which I used for 4 years. My father has an FB.. which he uses for 4 years.

My Brother inlaw has N16. Now I use a Carina AT212 Ti Myroad 99 model for 3 years. I use cars

very carefully and sparingly, and maintain them very well as the need arises.

FB is a good car, can get a better fuel figure. But shocks, CV Joint, Ball Joints, Tie Rods, Lower arm bush... repairs should be expected frequently. Same is true with N16(heard). But FBs are more popular than N16, and have higher market. FB is better in interior. Further I had Alternator troubles and trouble in the coils which comes separately for every spark plug and had to replace one of them(Rs 10,000). Several battery replacements too.

Carinas are robust in every way. No such repairs for me so far. I had a CV joint boot torn recently, though I have ridden unknown for some time, no CV joint trouble and the boot is Rs.1200 (non genuine) The battery is lasting and still good. Very

solid body frame but heavy. Ample space inside and the ride is comparatively comfy. Engine is relatively simple, easier and good space for repair work according to technicians. Interiors especially when teak is

very attractive, and the interior is also very robust.

My Ti MyRoad does 10km/l (in relatively heavy traffic)and 14 km/l in city and outstation. I had my one doing only 6-7km/l when I bought it. But there are things that you should look for apart from tuning. Then you can improve it( would like to help anybody). Pulling power is very good. (I have not driven an SI My Road)(May not be as same as same class Honda/ My sister had a Jazz-Fit).

I have seen carinas throughout. But most of them have very poor interior. But there are ones which has the looks of unregistered ones and very attractive outside as well. These are expensive. Buying a Carina really is an investment. (Though I am planning to switch to Honda)

This is a very surface level explanation. But I can go into detail on aspects of Carina.

Thanks

• Like 1

nowadays its really hard to find a well maintained FB15, few months back my bro was searching for an FB15 and couldnt find a car which was maintained well, they were all like junks. finally he ended up buying a car for very low price, but had to do loads of work such as to what ruwansusantha has mentioned above

Edited by JAFF

I'm using a 97 Ti My Road which has done about 85K.

It's just the best car I had. Low maintenance cost. Very reliable.

However, fuel consumption is around 11-12 km/l. But it's the heaviest of the three.

Edited by aamarakoon

I had my one doing only 6-7km/l when I bought it. But there are things that you should look for apart from tuning. Then you can improve it( would like to help anybody).

Hi Ruwan,

1st of all I thanks for the answer u gave here. It'll be useful for person who asked the question...

BTW. Please give ur valuable advices on the text what I have quoted above. (But there are things that you should look for apart from tuning) It'll be very useful.

Many Thanks..

nowadays its really hard to find a well maintained FB15, few months back my bro was searching for an FB15 and couldnt find a car which was maintained well, they were all like junks. finally he ended up buying a car for very low price, but had to do loads of work such as to what ruwansusantha has mentioned above

Ha Ha...

There are well maintained FB 15's. Like mine :action-smiley-060:

But it's not for sell :rolleyes:

Hi

1. Nissan FB15 new face

2. N16 or N17

3. Toyota Carina

Regards

I have driven all 3 models here & used for more than one year by each models except N16 (But I have driven it in several times) What my feeling is the AT 212 is the best option to go here as per my thoughts. Surely you can have the same fuel consumption or may be better than Nissans in Carina. Better if you could go for a 1.8 SI as it is more good in fuel. But 1.5 TI is also better when compared to Sunnys. Mind you, this will always depend on your driving style. But still the comparison will be same since you are driving in same style either one of those.

Maintenance cost will be cheaper in Carina than Nissans but mind you that sapre parts are freely available on all those three models.

Interior wise, you may having a slight old look in Carina. FB 15 & N16 are having a better interior environment but still it will depend on your choice & taste.

Ability to resale is also higher in Carina than Nissans since it is a fast moving model.

** I wonder why The Carina Even after the tax reduction lurks ABOVE my budjet mark** ;) - No wonders here with me. This is Sri Lanka ne machan... (Don't get me wrong that I haven't gone against my country's goodwill here...) :rolleyes:

Finally, I cannot say that you should go for this or that since it's your decision. All we can do is give our advises & share our experiences on those vehicles. Decision is up to you matey..

Have a good hunt anyway.. Cheers.

have driven all three models but not owned. Handling of both FB15 and N16 were poor compared to CARINA AT212 my road which I've driven. Pulling power was fairly reasonable and more than I expected from an automatic and you can nicely cruise at 80 ~ 90 keeping the RPM slightly below 2000 mark. This car is a known example for me and owner is using for more than 2 years literally without any repair whatsoever being driven daily and long distance on almost every weekend. Only repair he had done so far is replacing the power steering rack which only cost 7k and one day of our time ;)

Not being bias towards Toyota here but highly recommending CARINA compared to all these factors with added luxury.

I'm using a 97 Ti My Road which has done about 85K.

It's just the best car I had. Low maintenance cost. Very reliable.

However, fuel consumption is around 11-12 km/l. But it's the heaviest of the three.

What else you are expecting..... <_<

Only driven FB15, because i own it. Its really good, If you found well maintain manual car. I had few problem with suspension but other than that Im very happy with it. My one nearly doing 14-15 Km/l Roads in Anuradhapura ( mean no traffic at all ). no any problem with it but you have to maintain it properly. Don't know about other two.

Edited by sudesh_chandimal

What else you are expecting..... <_<

show-off!

anyway there is no denying carina is a very fine car with more durability than n16. but these fuel efficiency figures are...

utter lies if they quoting those figures for a automatic transmission OR extremely good (as good as it gets) if quoted fot a manual transmission car.

Edited by isurujosh

show-off!

anyway there is no denying carina is a very fine car with more durability than n16. but these fuel efficiency figures are...

utter lies if they quoting those figures for a automatic transmission OR extremely good (as good as it gets) if quoted fot a manual transmission car.

so as I thought when the mentioned CARINA owner (my boss) told me the figures. I almost confronted (within my limits of course) saying it's impossible for an autobox despite his driving style. But for each fill-up he gets about 550 kms easily and it calculates to a 11 kmpl easily. I'm very much confident about it and even ready to accept a challenge of proving coz I did that myself and failed.

Edited by harshansenadhir

so as I thought when the mentioned CARINA owner (my boss) told me the figures. I almost confronted (within my limits of course) saying it's impossible for an autobox despite his driving style. But for each fill-up he gets about 550 kms easily and it calculates to a 11 kmpl easily. I'm very much confident about it and even ready to accept a challenge of proving coz I did that myself and failed.

11kmpl daily city running with a/c on????? no way.. my bro's auto tranny did only around 8 kmpl. once it did 14kmpl from col-rathnapura but it was driven smoothly :)

11kmpl daily city running with a/c on????? no way.. my bro's auto tranny did only around 8 kmpl. once it did 14kmpl from col-rathnapura but it was driven smoothly :)

with A/C on and aggressive driving to a certain extend, I'll guarantee this car gets that mileage and it wasn't one off incident. What's your bro's car? TI or SI ?

honda city automatic returned 16.5 km/L running outstation. the very same car returned 9.5km/L during rush hour traffic. if Harshana's boss drives a mix of traffic and normal cruising during his full 550km then achieving 11km/L is believable however 11km/L in rush hour colombo traffic alone is not believable. as i said my best friend's AT212 returned 7.5-8 km/L in pure rush hour traffic alone. now it's not like my friend doesn't know how to keep the car in good nick.

N16 and Carina 1.5L are no better than one another in terms of fuel economy with automatic transmission. we are talking about 8 km/L in rush hour traffic for either car. i know this very well coz my best friend had AT212 1.5L and he got rid of it due to fuel consumption which is bordering that of even a cefiro. comfort wise though carina is a league above N16. value for money wise n16 is a league above.

Hi Josh,

I agree with you. But 1.8L one is much better than the 1.5L. And Carina is a good car. But having said dat, N16 is a good option just because that you can buy a new car for your investment. Even the interior looks new in a N16 if u buy one around 2million. So i agree with Josh on the value for money comment on N16. But still, 1.8L carina is a good option. So its 60/40 to N16 and Carina in my opinion...

Hi Josh,

I agree with you. But 1.8L one is much better than the 1.5L. And Carina is a good car. But having said dat, N16 is a good option just because that you can buy a new car for your investment. Even the interior looks new in a N16 if u buy one around 2million. So i agree with Josh on the value for money comment on N16. But still, 1.8L carina is a good option. So its 60/40 to N16 and Carina in my opinion...

no idea about the 1.8L Si mate. as for N16 prices... my friend finally sold his 2003 A*W certified n16 (manual) for 18.25 (after initally been promised a 18/60). that price i think is significantly cheaper than a carina in a similar state.