• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Findout The Year Of Vehicle Reg No

fayas

I was searching the internet for a sort of a table with vehicle registration number and Years in which it was issued, so that at first glimse of a number plate that you will know which year the vehicle is registered.

I have constructed a table for Cars:

2000 65- 302- >GB

2001 GB> >GS

2002 GS> >GX

2003 GY > >HK

2004 HM> >JN

2005 JN > >KB

2006 KB> >KD

2007 KD > >KI

2008 KH-X KI

2009 KJ-XXXX

Please kindly advice and comment to correct and improve the table.

Is there another source where we can get this imformation say RMV

:rolleyes:

I was searching the internet for a sort of a table with vehicle registration number and Years in which it was issued, so that at first glimse of a number plate that you will know which year the vehicle is registered.

I have constructed a table for Cars:

2000 65- 302- >GB

2001 GB> >GS

2002 GS> >GX

2003 GY > >HK

2004 HM> >JN

2005 JN > >KB

2006 KB> >KD

2007 KD > >KI

2008 KH-X KI

2009 KJ-XXXX

Please kindly advice and comment to correct and improve the table.

Is there another source where we can get this imformation say RMV

:rolleyes:

don't know exactly about others but 65 for sure started in 1993-1994 coz i had 65 plater registered in 94.

my previous car was registered in 2006 January and was a KB but at that time they were giving special numbers till KE

the current car is KK which is a special number and was registered in 2008 September. Special nus. were given till KK

So how can this be justified for special numbers?

my previous car was registered in 2006 January and was a KB but at that time they were giving special numbers till KE

the current car is KK which is a special number and was registered in 2008 September. Special nus. were given till KK

So how can this be justified for special numbers?

Yes of course the special numbers so better to check the registration records :rolleyes:

Tc

New number generation logic was sequential until early 2003 or so. There was a problem identified by RMV that is people waiting without registering the cars to get a new number and a person can pay additional amount can obtain a number from next 30,000 numbers. Say present series is GA and if you pay more you can get a one from GC lot. This was discriminating and hence people were waiting RMV requested from the software vendor to change the logic as in next number will randomly be generated from next 30,000 numbers. So if the latest number issued was GD-0001 next one could be anything between GD-0002 and GF-0001. Therefore after 2003 you won't be able to relate the number directly to the year and you having newer plate than someone else doesn't mean that your car is registered recently.

If i'm not mistaken, a person would have to pay and requst for the "number",, meaning say wpXX-7777. Example, if I wanted 7777 and the current series was 'KA', and KA-7777 was given out i'd be given wpKB-7777, failing with wpKC-7777. But that too limited to I think 2 or 3 character jumps.

Cos when we registered ours on the first day of the english plate system we got a wpGA-9XXX .... 9XXX being the number we requested. And even recently a friend got a 'number' he requested. The charactered were/are decided by the RMV.

And in a way completely randomizing a number between a thousand combinations doesnt make sense. It doesnt exactly benifit anyone...

Bro,

When I register my car in 2009 July, I got a KI-XXXX, but if i pay more I could go between KI and KL. Therefore it will be really difficult to identify regristration year by looking at the number series.

If you can have a closer look at the car, you can check the registration sticker pasted on the windscreen, there you can find the registered year in the top. But to have a look in to the sticker is not always possible.

Cheers

If i'm not mistaken, a person would have to pay and requst for the "number",, meaning say wpXX-7777. Example, if I wanted 7777 and the current series was 'KA', and KA-7777 was given out i'd be given wpKB-7777, failing with wpKC-7777. But that too limited to I think 2 or 3 character jumps.

Cos when we registered ours on the first day of the english plate system we got a wpGA-9XXX .... 9XXX being the number we requested. And even recently a friend got a 'number' he requested. The charactered were/are decided by the RMV.

And in a way completely randomizing a number between a thousand combinations doesnt make sense. It doesnt exactly benifit anyone...

true, you can have the desired number within next 30,000 numbers (3 character jumps as you said = 9999 X 3 ) if you pay additional amount. If not, in the normal process, the next number will be randomly generated from next 30,000 and not allocated numbers. I was among the team who did this software and subsequent change requests.