• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help

tharindu6

hey guys need your expertise on this. My car is a 1991 Carina AT170 with M/T.. for the past 3 weeks car was parked on the garage. I did start the motor once in a while. but didn't move her.. now when I checked today I found out that I'm unable to change gears.. what could be the reason ?

This only happens when the motor is running, i can change the gears when motor is switched off. and there is no visible oil leak.

as said before this could be clutch plate stuck with pressure plate since not used for some time. This happened with my bike and a friend of mine just put it to main stand and gave a couple of quick shocks, and start it in main stand applied clutch, etc for few times issue sorted.

Guys Finally I fixed it. It was a minor problem as some of you guys said.... since I couldn't find any garage person I took the matter in to my own hands :)

pushed the car about 10 feet back and kicked it to the 1st gear. then cranked the engine ( while doing this i kept paddling the clutch ) and finally clutch got released. Thanks for all your ideas. :)

Guys Finally I fixed it. It was a minor problem as some of you guys said.... since I couldn't find any garage person I took the matter in to my own hands :)

pushed the car about 10 feet back and kicked it to the 1st gear. then cranked the engine ( while doing this i kept paddling the clutch ) and finally clutch got released. Thanks for all your ideas. :)

well done - nice to hear.

I took the matter in to my own hands :)

This generally helps :P -- better than other's - you'll know this-- even after marriage :violent-smiley-030:

Edited by mirage7777

Awesome! Good news indeed. And all the best on the upcoming nuptials! :music-smiley-026:

Good scean. Now you can concentrate on your wedding. All the best for a bright future. :music-smiley-026::jumping-smiley-014:

Mr. Tharindu,

It is great you did solve your problem yourself.

I find that your Happy days are coming very soon.

I will Write a small verse by a western poet about a happy marriage with my Best Wishes.

Your wedding is a door to happiness,

Is the start of something better

When two of you all decided to share the lives as one.

Your marriage is an adventure bright and new;

The pleasures and delights have to begin share by you'll.

Wijesinghe.

Mr. Tharindu,

It is great you did solve your problem yourself.

I find that your Happy days are coming very soon.

I will Write a small verse by a western poet about a happy marriage with my Best Wishes.

Your wedding is a door to happiness,

Is the start of something better

When two of you all decided to share the lives as one.

Your marriage is an adventure bright and new;

The pleasures and delights have to begin share by you'll.

Wijesinghe.

Thanks Mr Wijesinghe