• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Viva Elite

aamarakoon

Even I am considering buying one of these as a secondary car as the leasing package seems good.

As per the web reviews the car seems to be ok.

However, the agents dont have any available for a test drive.

Any insights anyone ?

They don't? Where did you go? There is quite a few of them in the showroom opposite Park Street Mews.

From what I found out the Kelisa & Kenari owners are quite disappointed. They said the car is not long lasting and becomes noisy after around 40K.

May be it's better to go for a used Vitz.

The Viva elite is an entirely different car to the Kelisa and the kenari. It' basically a current model daihatsu charade with a lot of japanese parts. Everyone who ha gotten one is VERY happy with it. Drove one myself recently and was very impressed by the build quality and general finish of the car as well as its road manners.

Its priced pretty keenly too, so it should be a great success.

Don't automatically assume that just because a car is not japanese it is an inferior product.

I dropped in at their showroom, if you order one now it will only be delivered in December. And if by any chance the duty goes up by that time, they will be cleared at a new price and not at the current advertised prices or the leasing offers.

• 7 months later...

From what I found out the Kelisa & Kenari owners are quite disappointed. They said the car is not long lasting and becomes noisy after around 40K.

Ha Ha that's funny,because my mother owned a kelisa which was one of the first batch to arrive in Sri Lanka,still have the car,the mileage is exceeding 90,000,not a single problem,except for some frequent changes of the brake pads,WOULD CERTAINLY ADVICE TO GO FOR THE VIVA>>>>>nothing out there in that price range could beat it..

Edited by CyRaX

<!--quoteo(post=125313:date=Jul 8 2010, 09:23 PM:name=aamarakoon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aamarakoon @ Jul 8 2010, 09:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=125313"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Don't automatically assume that just because a car is not japanese it is an inferior product.

:alc: CERTAINLY,

• 1 month later...

:alc: CERTAINLY,

I'm also having a Viva & i'm extremely happy with it. Now i'm going for the second one 'Viva Elite'. Hopefully i will get it this June.. :) My first Viva is a 660 version and it was superb on fuel. I’m going for the 1000cc Elite as I heard it is also good on fuel and power. Viva 660 will be safer for my wife to drive.. heh heee.. :alc:

Any Viva Elite owners in forum..?? Just wanna knw abt the engine power & fuel.. I saw videos in youtube Viva 1000cc going 170kmph..!! (Certainly I’m not going to test the speed..) just to get an idea about the power.. so that I can move around the traffic quicker.. Anybody found any defects in Viva Elite 1000CC manual (Or even Auto, will help the general community) ..??

I didn’t have any issues with Viva 660 for nearly 2yrs now. It is good as I bought it brand-new in 2009.. J

For the people who dnt like perodua’s what I can tell you is its not too comfortable as the corolla (which my dad owns) and not too silent.. But overall it is an ideal car for daily travelling and for anybody who dnt wanna get into racing on the streets.. J (But I did 100+ comfortably with my Viva600)

No way

Edited by CyRaX

• 1 month later...

How is the second hand market of viva?

Market seems to have held up quite well and so have the vehicles. These are just Daihatsu's rebranded and manufactured in Malaysia.

Edited by The Don

yep thts one of the problems I have, which gives me second thoughts of Elite..

Thats one of the problems for me too machan, is there any way of improving ground clearance?

The other problem is the waiting list period..