• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Viva Elite

aamarakoon

Thanks Jayson & others..,valuable replies.

BTW ,Anyone knows maximum payload of Viva elite???

They only say 5 persons it..,Does it mean around 300kg.

Is it good at loading 300kg...,I mean head lights pointing high ,reducing ground clearence..and those stuffs..??

Pls.,Any one knows reply

Thanks Jayson & others..,valuable replies.

BTW ,Anyone knows maximum payload of Viva elite???

They only say 5 persons it..,Does it mean around 300kg.

Is it good at loading 300kg...,I mean head lights pointing high ,reducing ground clearence..and those stuffs..??

Pls.,Any one knows reply

Thats 5 people INCLUDING the driver, so unless your goods can drive themselves to the destination you might wanna rethink loading 300kg. I'm not talking of the lite in specific, but most small cars though big enough to seat 3 at the back, might not be able to handle the weight in the long run cos its quite a load on the suspension. I've seen even Starlets or Marches that have thier asses dragging on the floor or even tyres rubbing on the upper wheel arches as soon as they hit some uneven road.

So though its not impossible, its not advisable either.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, VIVA club members, can you please share your running freaks, if any.

Model : 2011/ Standard/Auto

Meter : 12,700KM

I dunno if anybody have noticed, or is it only with me; but there is a "creek" Noise from the seat. Other than that overall performance is wonderful & comfortable.

I dunno if anybody have noticed, or is it only with me; but there is a "creek" Noise from the seat. Other than that overall performance is wonderful & comfortable.

I am on 31,000km and 20,000km + in both Elites, but never heard such noise from the seat.

someone might be farting with a creek noise..LOL :sport-smiley-004:

• 1 month later...

A newbie called bsam has clicked on the report button instead of quote button and left this comment

I HAVE GOT A BAD AND VERY DANGEROUS EXPERIENCE WITH VIVA ELITE..JUST AFTER ONE YEAR OF BUYING THE BRAND NEW CAR SPONTANEOUS CORROSION EMERGED FROM ALL THE DOORS WHICH RESULTED IN PIERCING.I HAD TO REPLACE ALL THE DOORS UNDER WARRANTY.IT IS A MAJOR MANUFACTURING DEFECT..COMPANY TRIED TO HIDE IT..SO PLEASE CHECK YOUR VIVA ELITE FOR CORROSION. I DONT RECOMMEND

• 2 weeks later...

No the reason is that I can get the transmission oil from a my friend with low cost :P. So I can change it from some where else without going to company. Does any one know how much that would cost me to change transmission oil?

No the reason is that I can get the transmission oil from a my friend with low cost :P. So I can change it from some where else without going to company. Does any one know how much that would cost me to change transmission oil?

What Mahesh said was to check what brand/grade of oil the car needs.

If you can get it from your friend cheaper. then why do you want to waste people's time asking for places to buy oil?

I can give you urine for free. would u like to fill up your gearbox with it?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Guys ,

First of all i wanna thank you all for sharing you knowledge with others. I got my VIVA ELITE Manual 1000cc car last month with 55000km mileage. I noticed poor feul consumption and decided to do a tune-up at Unimo (Orugodawatta). when i went there i had some other repairs too. Im sharing them for anyone's future reference.

Brake pad : costed 6500 + service charge

Shock Mounts : 10500 +Service charge

Engine tune-up : 12000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday i felt that my clutch is malfunctioning. Vehicle seems running underpowered and clutch pedal seems little bit tight. Also i've been noticing that spring sound in clutch pedal which was told to me that its the noise coming from release bearings. I called Janatha Motors and they said that there is a japan set for 13000 plus they can arrange a garrage to carry out the repair for 3000-4000 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question is, is it ok to run like this for a small period as i need to prepare money for this repair ???

Your answer is much appreciated !!!

Guys ,

First of all i wanna thank you all for sharing you knowledge with others. I got my VIVA ELITE Manual 1000cc car last month with 55000km mileage. I noticed poor feul consumption and decided to do a tune-up at Unimo (Orugodawatta). when i went there i had some other repairs too. Im sharing them for anyone's future reference.

Brake pad : costed 6500 + service charge

Shock Mounts : 10500 +Service charge

Engine tune-up : 12000

Yesterday i felt that my clutch is malfunctioning. Vehicle seems running underpowered and clutch pedal seems little bit tight. Also i've been noticing that spring sound in clutch pedal which was told to me that its the noise coming from release bearings. I called Janatha Motors and they said that there is a japan set for 13000 plus they can arrange a garrage to carry out the repair for 3000-4000 .

My question is, is it ok to run like this for a small period as i need to prepare money for this repair ???

Your answer is much appreciated !!!

The worn out release bearing might damage the torsion springs on the pressure plate over time.

So your question should be answered with a question: Are you prepared to use the car for a while with the issue and replace the pressure plate as well?

The worn out release bearing might damage the torsion springs on the pressure plate over time.

So your question should be answered with a question: Are you prepared to use the car for a while with the issue and replace the pressure plate as well?

Thanks Davy for you kind reply.

Well if i'm about to replace the entire set (According to Janatha Motors - 13000 LKR Japan Clutch set), That includes pressure plates right ? If so, i can bear it for a while.

And also UNIMO mechanic told me that its a common issue when it comes to 50k ish mileadge in these small petrol cars.

• 3 years later...
7 hours ago, Geeth1987 said:

Security alarm rings automatically. Does anyone know a reason?

When it is alarm ? While riding or while parking ? There are 2 switches on bonnet and boot. Check them first.

16 hours ago, Geeth1987 said:

Security alarm rings automatically. Does anyone know a reason?

(1) Check your bonnet or fuel lid kept open.

(2) Did your Elite expose to heavy rain? If so park her under sunny condition and let her dry.  Some sensors might got wet.

7 hours ago, Sampath Gunasekera said:

(1) Check your bonnet or fuel lid kept open.

(2) Did your Elite expose to heavy rain? If so park her under sunny condition and let her dry.  Some sensors might got wet.

Machan it could be one of those door sensors too right?

I got the same problem on the KE72 when security system was installed.

12 hours ago, kmeeg said:

Machan it could be one of those door sensors too right?

I got the same problem on the KE72 when security system was installed.

Some after market security system having a shock sensor fixed on the body. Mostly inside a fender. When its sensing level too high, the security system alarming automatically. But Elite factory fitted security system dont have that shock sensor installed. So still I too guess its from bonnet or boot sensor. Lets see @Geeth1987 reply.

@Sampath Gunasekera was there a sensor on your cars fuel lid too ? I cant see a sensor in mine.