• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Perodua Viva Elite

aamarakoon

Compared to A star,ppl say elite has a better second hand market.Is it true?

Machang I think its little bit early to predict that, both cars are new to the market. Still I havent seen either of the second hand cars in papers or at AL..

Machang I think its little bit early to predict that, both cars are new to the market. Still I havent seen either of the second hand cars in papers or at AL..

you can get a rough idea by comparing the alto to the viva just to get an idea about how people see the two brands.

also i don't see why 1inch of increased ground clearance on the A star can be a huge plus for it over the elite.

Edited by Ripper

Dunno about u but I've seen plenty of both advertised for sale. For some weird reason, Maruti owners seem to think that their second hand car can be sold for a higher price than a brand new one :D

On the other hand, Viva owners appeared to quote more reasonable prices. No idea what the final sale prices for these cars were, but the fact that it is a carbon copy of Dai would be a huge ego boost for the Viva.

Dunno about u but I've seen plenty of both advertised for sale. For some weird reason, Maruti owners seem to think that their second hand car can be sold for a higher price than a brand new one :D

On the other hand, Viva owners appeared to quote more reasonable prices. No idea what the final sale prices for these cars were, but the fact that it is a carbon copy of Dai would be a huge ego boost for the Viva.

thnx machan.The idea I had to go for A star is changed..Complainingly it looks viva is better.Now my purchase sways around Viva or swift(registered car).

thnx machan.The idea I had to go for A star is changed..Complainingly it looks viva is better.Now my purchase sways around Viva or swift(registered car).

What is your budjet machan? A registered swift beetle will be more than 2m.

If you have a higher budget to go for a swift, you can also consider an unregistered Passo which is the best option than Perodua. I have seen few Viva's on the raod almost to hit the ground. worst ground clearance for a car in SL

If you have a higher budget to go for a swift, you can also consider an unregistered Passo which is the best option than Perodua. I have seen few Viva's on the raod almost to hit the ground. worst ground clearance for a car in SL

It is better to have self judgement on this matter. When we visit to the agent they say majority of parts are Japanese and this is the Daihatsu engine. But it is not mentioned on their leaflets. Due to this doubt I searched on the site of Dai & of Peraduo and managed to find that 90% of parts made in Malasia. Do not rely on the verbal facts provided by Sri Lankan agents. It is very difficult to make this decision to by a car at this price range. Good luck!

It is better to have self judgement on this matter. When we visit to the agent they say majority of parts are Japanese and this is the Daihatsu engine. But it is not mentioned on their leaflets. Due to this doubt I searched on the site of Dai & of Peraduo and managed to find that 90% of parts made in Malasia. Do not rely on the verbal facts provided by Sri Lankan agents. It is very difficult to make this decision to by a car at this price range. Good luck!

Components for Kelisa (as in most of the other Perodua models) are made in Malaysia using Daihatsu's moulds and presses. It's done under license from Daihatsu.

Components for Kelisa (as in most of the other Perodua models) are made in Malaysia using Daihatsu's moulds and presses. It's done under license from Daihatsu.

Yeah but still its probably better than a indian made in the same price range..

My budget is 1.6m. I have narrowed down my choice to EK3 and VIVA. Of course these are completly deferent class vehicles. Its hard for me to choose between these two. The only problem of the ek3 is that its quite old now and its hard to find a good maintained vehicle.

thnx buddy.The price is too reasonable to be true B)

Yeah but still its probably better than a indian made in the same price range..

My budget is 1.6m. I have narrowed down my choice to EK3 and VIVA. Of course these are completly deferent class vehicles. Its hard for me to choose between these two. The only problem of the ek3 is that its quite old now and its hard to find a good maintained vehicle.

Yep.Ek3 is a bit old..But i guess any japanese vehicle is better than indian stuff.Hard decision.. same here

yep thts one of the problems I have, which gives me second thoughts of Elite..

My car's ground clearance is about 135 mm. I usually drive around Colombo and the lanes near my house are riddled with large potholes. Still, never have hit bottom though. But of course, you gotta be careful.

My car's ground clearance is about 135 mm. I usually drive around Colombo and the lanes near my house are riddled with large potholes. Still, never have hit bottom though. But of course, you gotta be careful.

Whats your car BIG_D?

Say if you fell in a pothole and hit the bottom, what could be the worst case scenario?

Edited by Reckless

Hello Guys,

Your ideas about Perodua Viva Elite please

Thanks.

Been running the Viva in the fleet since 2009.

No major problems to report and is the best B.New Auto car under 2 mil. Had an O2 sensor go on one car being the only failure to report over the last two years.

Pros - Good space and feel of driving for that size of car and the price you pay. Averages about 11km/l in the city in the Auto with A/C. Positive feedback from the users so far.

As for the parts, not sure where they are made but a lot of bits under the hood are Denso branded which was good enough for me to make the initial purchase decision.

Cons - The 1000cc DVVTi engine tends to vibrate/miss as with the case of the Vitz or the Passo till the engine heats up when run on standard petrol. The problem reduces with 95 Oct and a tune up. Head unit with CD/mp3 which comes originally is not up to the mark if you are used to Pioneer/ Kenwood type aftermarket units.

Been running a couple of A-Stars since December last year.

Feels quite solid and manages decent over potholes. Decent cabin space and bigger car feel.

The only problem is the mating of the Suzuki auto box to the K- Series Maruti engine. Feels sluggish and dead unless you rev hard. The manual is quite good for the size of engine. We have reports of 15+ km/l from many users (manuals) outstation but no way to verify.

Re-sale on both should be quite good.

PM me if you need any user feedback on the cars.

• Like 1

Whats your car BIG_D?

Say if you fell in a pothole and hit the bottom, what could be the worst case scenario?

It's a Tuscani. No idea what would happen machan, might damage the engine or suspension components, and the body.

But the only time I hit bottom was when I entered a main road and scraped the front bumper on the asphalt because of a small drain. But it was my fault really, I was a bit too hasty and the car's nose is somewhat long.

But the Viva comes with rather low profile tyres, that might result in the alloys getting bent/damaged quicker than usual on our roads.

It's a Tuscani. No idea what would happen machan, might damage the engine or suspension components, and the body.

But the only time I hit bottom was when I entered a main road and scraped the front bumper on the asphalt because of a small drain. But it was my fault really, I was a bit too hasty and the car's nose is somewhat long.

But the Viva comes with rather low profile tyres, that might result in the alloys getting bent/damaged quicker than usual on our roads.

Thanks for the info machan, yeah I know that car, the nose is very loooong.

Will this kind of damage be covered by the warenty? :unsure:

Edited by Reckless

Been running the Viva in the fleet since 2009.

As for the parts, not sure where they are made but a lot of bits under the hood are Denso branded which was good enough for me to make the initial purchase decision.

Machan how is the spare parts availability for the Viva Elite?

• 1 month later...

Now waiting list period is considerably low. They promised me, the car will arrive here around end of September, I just ordered it yesterday.

Hope u'll get it on September..:lol: I ordered one in First week of Aprill and still waiting...:action-smiley-060:

• 1 month later...

I ordered a viva Elite 1000cc manual.So many buyers worry about the ground clearance.Can someone say more about that.What part of the car can be hit on a dirty harsh road ?.

Many people say that DVVT engines give a noise and body shakes due to that.

How about those things bcz I m not in limited to city riding.

Edited by KasunCharya

Been following these Viva Elite threads since I became interested in the car at the start of the year. Ordered my manual in April and finally got it 2 weeks ago. Just wanted to add some thoughts so that anybody looking for information will benefit like I did.

Firstly if your looking for a car in a hurry don't order the viva..For me the waiting period stretched from the promised 2 months to nearly 3 1/2 months. This I was told was because of the Japanese earthquake. Apparently they've rectified supply chain issues and August orders should hopefully be delivered in October. But I repeat don't order the vehicle unless you have a stomach for patience.

Pros:

It drives better than most comparative vehicles in its class or below. I drove the Panda, The Trend, Maruti 800, Alto K10 and even the Nano..but the viva always handled, sounded and performed better than all of them.

While I have no definitive fuel consumption figures on other cars so far the Viva has given me an estimated 15 kmpl. This has included driving through mild morning traffic and heavy evening traffic. The calculation is ongoing but my guess is it'll only get better when get more familiarized with driving it.

Good Leg space in the front and back. The seat height adjuster is brilliant- even a fairly hefty, tall person can still drive the car with minimum issues.

Cons:

Ground clearance will become an issue if you constantly drive around on pothole ridden roads. (In that case get a 4wd and quit looking for a viva)

In reality you have to be very careful to avoid deepish potholes. I've already knocked the buffer belly twice.

The biggest con for me so far have been the doors. They don't close so elegantly and open with a loud pop. It's annoying if your used to a smooth Japanese door but hey beggars cant be choosers.

You will also have to get used to adjectives like cute, sweet, compact and practical. Because people will use these words to describe the car when they see it for the first time.If you're a guy better get used to people pointing out that a lot of ladies are driving it.

• Like 2

Been following these Viva Elite threads since I became interested in the car at the start of the year. Ordered my manual in April and finally got it 2 weeks ago. Just wanted to add some thoughts so that anybody looking for information will benefit like I did.

Firstly if your looking for a car in a hurry don't order the viva..For me the waiting period stretched from the promised 2 months to nearly 3 1/2 months. This I was told was because of the Japanese earthquake. Apparently they've rectified supply chain issues and August orders should hopefully be delivered in October. But I repeat don't order the vehicle unless you have a stomach for patience.

Pros:

It drives better than most comparative vehicles in its class or below. I drove the Panda, The Trend, Maruti 800, Alto K10 and even the Nano..but the viva always handled, sounded and performed better than all of them.

While I have no definitive fuel consumption figures on other cars so far the Viva has given me an estimated 15 kmpl. This has included driving through mild morning traffic and heavy evening traffic. The calculation is ongoing but my guess is it'll only get better when get more familiarized with driving it.

Good Leg space in the front and back. The seat height adjuster is brilliant- even a fairly hefty, tall person can still drive the car with minimum issues.

Cons:

Ground clearance will become an issue if you constantly drive around on pothole ridden roads. (In that case get a 4wd and quit looking for a viva)

In reality you have to be very careful to avoid deepish potholes. I've already knocked the buffer belly twice.

The biggest con for me so far have been the doors. They don't close so elegantly and open with a loud pop. It's annoying if your used to a smooth Japanese door but hey beggars cant be choosers.

You will also have to get used to adjectives like cute, sweet, compact and practical. Because people will use these words to describe the car when they see it for the first time.If you're a guy better get used to people pointing out that a lot of ladies are driving it.

Hey JaySun, Maxa..!! Ithink you covered pretty much every thing. 100% agreed..!alc.gif

About the door issue my old Viva's doors close easily than the new Elite doors (But the rear doors are not that bad right?). But the new Elite is comparatively silent thanthe old Viva.

Edited by kmeeg