• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Some Info Regarding An Eg8

samiram

Hi Guys,

Im interested on buying an eg8 and need some info regarding it. Hope you honda pro's will help me with this.

- Current price?

- What kind of problems do i have to expect from this type of car?

- And any specifics i have to look into to before buying?

To be honest im not a vehicle person so your advice is highly appreciated. Thx..

Have a nice day,

Sam...

:rolleyes:

Edited by Pericles

:to_clue:

If you want to know about EG8.... "Search" the forum... you can find anything and everything about EG8...

Thanks for the tip and thats the first thing i did before posting the thread. But the results are little bit messy and the prices seems to be outdated because of the new tax reduction. Thats why i posted this thread.. :)

Thanks for the tip and thats the first thing i did before posting the thread. But the results are little bit messy and the prices seems to be outdated because of the new tax reduction. Thats why i posted this thread.. :)

Ya i guess apart from the price everything else has been discussed here. And about the price, I think the prices for vehicles under 2mln would be only affected in another month or two. So do some research, lookup some classifieds, make some calls, go look at some cars and decide ;)

Ya i guess apart from the price everything else has been discussed here. And about the price, I think the prices for vehicles under 2mln would be only affected in another month or two. So do some research, lookup some classifieds, make some calls, go look at some cars and decide ;)

yes machan...the prices have gone down abt one lack or two.Still Owners quote higher prices for some cars...good things dont come cheap ne :)

yes machan...the prices have gone down abt one lack or two.Still Owners quote higher prices for some cars...good things dont come cheap ne :)

Yup, agreed with that. Saw some maruti 800's still going around 1.2m in the hitad.

Edited by Pericles
Advertising on the forums is not allowed, so don't ask others to do so.

After using the search feature and going through hundreds of post's i came to the following conclusions about EG8's. Hope you guys correct me if im wrong.

- Price of a single carb one will be between 7 to 8. (Because of building a house i cant go more than 800k. So i think i have to settle with a single carb one.)

- Fuel consumption is 10+kmpl in the city limits.

- All the mechanical parts are available at agents and at t*c motors.

- Check for suspension and chassis repairs before buying

- Finally dont buy a heavily modified car.

If i missed something please be kind enough to add.

Thanks....

Sam...

:)

Edited by Pericles

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Im interested on buying an eg8 and need some info regarding it. Hope you honda pro's will help me with this.

- Current price?

- What kind of problems do i have to expect from this type of car?

- And any specifics i have to look into to before buying?

To be honest im not a vehicle person so your advice is highly appreciated. Thx..

Have a nice day,

Sam...

:rolleyes:

i use an eg8 for sometime and here are offhand info..

price - 7 - 8.5 for single carb

9 - 11 for vtec

problems - be careful with engine heat... potential problems are ac condenser.

any specifics - b watchful on interior condition... difficult to find some interior replacements, look for mirror beadings, over used gear box, timing belt replacement, cv joint, crappy carpets, ac condenser, radiator leaks.

if u can find a decent car its worth keeping. this is one of the best performance Hondas of all time :)

cheers