• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Camera At Nurburgring

fuzzo

if anyone fancies sabine will take you in her BMW M5 ring taxi for a measly 185 euros. which takes about 10 minutes. its worth the money as she's a 2 time 24hr race champ at the ring!! and its a lot of sideways action..

thats not too bad - esp. if you can split it 3 ways (thank goodness the M5's a sedan :D )

Question : Has any one actually been to the 'ring' ??

....its one of those...."i'll go there someday , yes Sir , i somehow will" kinda things for moi... :lol:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not too bad - esp. if you can split it 3 ways (thank goodness the M5's a sedan :D )

....its one of those...."i'll go there someday , yes Sir , i somehow will" kinda things for moi... :lol:

no, but its in my must do list. The thing is if i'm going i wanna take my car as well! that needs abit of planning..

I'm sure you're right. GT2 is even more hardcore I believe.

GT2 is RWD and it has a twin turbo flat 6 engine which puts out 530HP.Its the same engine as you get in the 911 Turbo but with some mods to the intake(intake openings on the rear wing which send additional air into the intake and also gives a ram air effect), intake manifold(expansion intake manifold), +0.2 bar boost over the boost level of the 911 Turbo and upgraded intercoolers..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911

Right at the bottom you get a "Road car timeline". That what you looking for?

no machan :(

what i was reffering to is more a 'ladder' of sorts which show each of the 911's (not all porsches) interms of thier rank and order of performance , with thier individual distinctions and variations noted...

:mellow:

Had a slim chance of doing this earlier this year as I planned to travel to Germany and Austria. But sadly I had to put it on hold thanks to the economic situation especially with my business.

My pal in Germany was insisting we do it in his A-class :blink: but I was insisting on something faster.

Oh well thanks to Mahindanomics we'll have to just dream a bit more....

D_Z i only know of the Carrera 4, 4S and 911 turbo being AWD... at least from their recent line up (starting from the 993)... i'm sure i've missed something but that's off the top of my head...

You haven't missed anything... The very first AWD 911 was the 964 Series carrera 4 (the 964 being the variant before the 993). In that generation the 911 Turbo was still RWD, it was only with the introduction of the 993 series that the Carrera 4S model (with more power and, I think, a wider rear body) was created, along with the first of the AWD 911 Turbos

The only other AWD Porker is the rare 959

no machan :(

what i was reffering to is more a 'ladder' of sorts which show each of the 911's (not all porsches) interms of thier rank and order of performance , with thier individual distinctions and variations noted...

:mellow:

The 911s have an even more serious manifestation of "sub variant Plague" than your average JDM ubercar, so this would be a fairly tough ask IMO...

Basic rules of course are that anything with "RS" in the badging means usually the most extremely track focused variant

GT3s and GT2s are the Racing tie ins (ordinary GT3s are less extreme than GT3 RS') GT2s generally have a breathed on 911 Turbo motor with RWD

911 Variants really do require an entire evenings worth of discussion in themselves :lol:

The 911s have an even more serious manifestation of "sub variant Plague" than your average JDM ubercar, so this would be a fairly tough ask IMO...

Basic rules of course are that anything with "RS" in the badging means usually the most extremely track focused variant

GT3s and GT2s are the Racing tie ins (ordinary GT3s are less extreme than GT3 RS') GT2s generally have a breathed on 911 Turbo motor with RWD

911 Variants really do require an entire evenings worth of discussion in themselves :lol:

:lol: so thursday evening it is then! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
looks like the ring is gong through some modifications....they're also building a theme park with a roller coaster running alongside the track http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/13/nurburg...ter-steak-hous/

funky idea!

reminds me of the GTR display which at the brit motorshow where they had the car on hydraulic lifts of sorts with a huge screen in front of the car playing its time attack of the 'ring' with the car moving to simulate/duplicate the movements of the actual lap!

• 2 weeks later...
:P

182 BHP to the wheels for a farm yard diesel isn't too bad is it now :lol:

theres even a 210 BHP version with a 0-60 of 10 seconds and 100mph + top speed! :blink:

100MPH Plus eh? does that mean that once you get to around a 100, it starts shedding pieces and thus the lost weight increases speed? :P

Defenders really should stick to farmlands and Sri Lankan V*P convoys :lol:

100MPH Plus eh? does that mean that once you get to around a 100, it starts shedding pieces and thus the lost weight increases speed? :P

Defenders really should stick to farmlands and Sri Lankan V*P convoys :lol:

here its impressive considering it has the aerodynamic properties of a brick! :)

here its impressive considering it has the aerodynamic properties of a brick! :)

who cares man...that's like asking a supermodel if she can cook...speed is not what the landy was made for(although the V*P convoys almost make you believe otherwise)....i guess u already know that...u lucky bastard :P:lol:

Dev, this weekend a friend of mine was relating a story that included a vehicle he called a 'footrule model'. I asked him what the hell that was and he said it was a Defender 110. Why footrule? Because of it's simple, boxy lines that apparently makes it look like it was designed with a footruler. :)