• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Ke20 Serivce Manual

topgear

There's lots of after market workshop manual makers such as Haynes you could try

Toyota Lanka may be a last resort.

www.haynes.com

twin turbo are you sure that toyota lanka caters in books as well.I mean when my pal called to see if they know anything about a KE72 part they were like not paying anyattention and telling that these cars were old and stuff like that......noy very helpful

Hi guys!

Could someone plz temme where I can get a Corolla KE20 service manual?

Tried some sites mentioned here but couldn't find it.

top gear i am also interested in the KE 20 are you owning one.Is there parts to this model .I actually love to have an old corolla but the parts have kep me off.Pls share me your experience if you have one.

I once owned a KE20 hi-deluxe. it was more putty than metal! :-) but it was a nice car. was pretty corroded too. had to change the suspension cross bar in front coz it broke on 1 side due to corrosion. they say it is common with this model. My car engine was under-compression too. but awesome pulling ah! nice car to drift! ;-) All in all, it'z a lovely car to have and use, as long as it is in good shape. you can modify it in various ways and most parts of the newer models after it are compatible with it.

look for a car with a good engine, suspension etc. there are some out there. corrosion can be dealt with, if you got the money to spend. you cant expect a profit by making and sellin 1 tho... itz a passion!

A friend of mine bought one a few weeks ago for 60k. itz a 2 door. nice car but a lotta tinkering to do. he normally does it himself so no probz for him. Also rem to look for 1 where the upholstery is pretty decent. you get cars well maintained.

Once you do up a car well, it will certainly be a head turner. it's a hardy car. I'm also looking for 1 but lil stuck for cash now coz I'm repairing ma other vehicle., once that's done, I might go for 1.

Panchikawatta has most mechanical stuff needed. I'm not sure where you can find lights, grill, bumpers etc. someone else might be able to help you on that.

Keep this thred going and if anyone has a KE20, plz update us all on what to look for etc.

*ps. you will be sure to find corrosion but try keep it minimal. my door boards were falling off when I had my car! so much corrosion.

I once owned a KE20 hi-deluxe. it was more putty than metal! :-) but it was a nice car. was pretty corroded too. had to change the suspension cross bar in front coz it broke on 1 side due to corrosion. they say it is common with this model. My car engine was under-compression too. but awesome pulling ah! nice car to drift! ;-) All in all, it'z a lovely car to have and use, as long as it is in good shape. you can modify it in various ways and most parts of the newer models after it are compatible with it.

look for a car with a good engine, suspension etc. there are some out there. corrosion can be dealt with, if you got the money to spend. you cant expect a profit by making and sellin 1 tho... itz a passion!

A friend of mine bought one a few weeks ago for 60k. itz a 2 door. nice car but a lotta tinkering to do. he normally does it himself so no probz for him. Also rem to look for 1 where the upholstery is pretty decent. you get cars well maintained.

Once you do up a car well, it will certainly be a head turner. it's a hardy car. I'm also looking for 1 but lil stuck for cash now coz I'm repairing ma other vehicle., once that's done, I might go for 1.

Panchikawatta has most mechanical stuff needed. I'm not sure where you can find lights, grill, bumpers etc. someone else might be able to help you on that.

Keep this thred going and if anyone has a KE20, plz update us all on what to look for etc.

*ps. you will be sure to find corrosion but try keep it minimal. my door boards were falling off when I had my car! so much corrosion.

There is one going around colombo in top class condition painted orange....and nicely restored......anyone seen it.

top gear when you say that most parts of the new models are compatible what models are those....to my knowledge even they are quite old....like the KE50, kE 30...can you please tell

top gear when you say that most parts of the new models are compatible what models are those....to my knowledge even they are quite old....like the KE50, kE 30...can you please tell

yes, what I meant was KE30, KE72 etc.. :action-smiley-060:

There is one going around colombo in top class condition painted orange....and nicely restored......anyone seen it.

yes, i have seen it arround Wijerama nugegoda. A two toned one , hood with mat black and body with orange

samanl

There's lots of after market workshop manual makers such as Haynes you could try

Toyota Lanka may be a last resort.

www.haynes.com

Haynes is a decent manual to have but it doesn't come anywhere close to a factory workshop manual.

Haynes has horrible wiring diagrams that are almost completely useless cos it's very difficult to make sense out of it.

Certain things that you'd hardly get to do on a vehicle is explained well while your somewhat regular issues are left out.

I have Haynes manuals for the car and one of the bikes.... decent to have them without no doubt but factory workshop manual is the best.

they do pop up on ebay from time to time and you can pick a used one for a decent price :)

and no...toyota lanka does NOT sell manuals afaik... I tried with Stafford also sometime ago...same story there!

Haynes is a decent manual to have but it doesn't come anywhere close to a factory workshop manual.

Haynes has horrible wiring diagrams that are almost completely useless cos it's very difficult to make sense out of it.

Certain things that you'd hardly get to do on a vehicle is explained well while your somewhat regular issues are left out.

I have Haynes manuals for the car and one of the bikes.... decent to have them without no doubt but factory workshop manual is the best.

they do pop up on ebay from time to time and you can pick a used one for a decent price :)

and no...toyota lanka does NOT sell manuals afaik... I tried with Stafford also sometime ago...same story there!

these cars are the achieveable dreams of campus students,new executives who cannot afford to go for a better car at least with better features for now, and maybe a rich teenager who is looking for his first set of wheels.Apart from the retro looks (which is also a subjective thing) i think these are good as a daily runner and can be also modified with air conditioning and power steering i think.I dont know if the KE 20 did come with A/C originally. And best of all can sleep peacefully because no rogue is going to touch this with a 10 feet pole................. rather sacrificing bulk of your salary for leasing i think this is preety practical too.......... :D

these cars are the achieveable dreams of campus students,new executives who cannot afford to go for a better car at least with better features for now, and maybe a rich teenager who is looking for his first set of wheels.Apart from the retro looks (which is also a subjective thing) i think these are good as a daily runner and can be also modified with air conditioning and power steering i think.I dont know if the KE 20 did come with A/C originally. And best of all can sleep peacefully because no rogue is going to touch this with a 10 feet pole................. rather sacrificing bulk of your salary for leasing i think this is preety practical too.......... :D

yeah but the only hitch is getting body parts and stuff when you eventually run into something solid!

even finding mechanical parts should prove tough comparatively

don't think even the agents would stock parts for these cars...

dealing with decades of use and probably misuse too would take some time, money and effort

and about rogues...i've had my garden water tap stolen once and even light bulbs on the exterior of my place nicked off :P

our guys can truly surprise you when they are desperate on high on drugs. Even a KE20 might have a decent stereo or some part to steal for a desperate thief

yeah but the only hitch is getting body parts and stuff when you eventually run into something solid!

dealing with decades of use and probably misuse too would take some time, money and effort

and about rogues...i've had my garden water tap stolen once and even light bulbs on the exterior of my place nicked off :P

our guys can truly surprise you when they are desperate on high on drugs. Even a KE20 might have a decent stereo or some part to steal for a desperate thief

Members,

I 30 years ago bought in Japan a Toyota KE 20 Engine with Gear box modified engine mounts and fitted to a Skoda 4 Sri used for 3 years and sold the car.

Did not have any problems for the time I used that car.

Wijesinghe.

actually that was something i was thinking too.............and wanted to ask someone who has experience in restoring an old vehicle.A pal told me that there are clever guys who can build side panels from fresh which can be fitted to your vehicle in srilanka. No idea if this is true.. for example if you seen the program in discovery turbo where they build hot rods they do basically build all the panels and the shaping and designs are awsome.Even the interior dash board can be rebuilt from fiber and fitted with custom dials as per my knowledge..although the original look will be distorted.A few weeks back when a friend of mine went to buy his tail light for his maruti the shop guys had asked him if he wanted original or the one made here which looked almost identical but does fade quickly and is not of high quality.I wonder if this same thing is done for older cars as well.if so then there will be no much problem.

For example assume a morris minor or beetle gets smashed and the panels are beyond repair....if we could build the panels to almost factory specifications it would be fantastic....so far never come across anyone, but i feel it is possilbe.

A few years ago when there was a popular auto show in a popular Sinhalese TV channel ( I know you all know about what i am talking) and the main guy Mr Lxx Potato Garden :rolleyes: showed a jeep which he had built from scratch right here in srilanka except for the chassis, including the panels which had some nice designs and also fitted a 4DR5 engine and airconditiong and good setup.it was a 4WD.he said it was his long standing dream to have one and he ultimately had it.The one was orange color.So i think there is the technology but as ripper says finding it is a bit of a worry. So anyone knows more about this please share the ideas and experience............knowing how clever srilankans can be at times when it comes to copying things this is possible..... :D

actually that was something i was thinking too.............and wanted to ask someone who has experience in restoring an old vehicle.A pal told me that there are clever guys who can build side panels from fresh which can be fitted to your vehicle in srilanka. No idea if this is true.. for example if you seen the program in discovery turbo where they build hot rods they do basically build all the panels and the shaping and designs are awsome.Even the interior dash board can be rebuilt from fiber and fitted with custom dials as per my knowledge..although the original look will be distorted.A few weeks back when a friend of mine went to buy his tail light for his maruti the shop guys had asked him if he wanted original or the one made here which looked almost identical but does fade quickly and is not of high quality.I wonder if this same thing is done for older cars as well.if so then there will be no much problem.

For example assume a morris minor or beetle gets smashed and the panels are beyond repair....if we could build the panels to almost factory specifications it would be fantastic....so far never come across anyone, but i feel it is possilbe.

A few years ago when there was a popular auto show in a popular Sinhalese TV channel ( I know you all know about what i am talking) and the main guy Mr Lxx Potato Garden :rolleyes: showed a jeep which he had built from scratch right here in srilanka except for the chassis, including the panels which had some nice designs and also fitted a 4DR5 engine and airconditiong and good setup.it was a 4WD.he said it was his long standing dream to have one and he ultimately had it.The one was orange color.So i think there is the technology but as ripper says finding it is a bit of a worry. So anyone knows more about this please share the ideas and experience............knowing how clever srilankans can be at times when it comes to copying things this is possible..... :D

well classic car restoration is mostly that isn't it. I've seen a starchief being restored near my place and some of the panels were far too rusted so the tinkers were creating their own. a painstakingly slow process. And most our sheet metal workers don't use proper tools like the english wheel etc....they would just cut, heat, hammer, weld to get the shapes...

all this adds upto the final cost so you really gotta see whether the car is great enough for all that effort and ultimately money!

well classic car restoration is mostly that isn't it. I've seen a starchief being restored near my place and some of the panels were far too rusted so the tinkers were creating their own. a painstakingly slow process. And most our sheet metal workers don't use proper tools like the english wheel etc....they would just cut, heat, hammer, weld to get the shapes...

all this adds upto the final cost so you really gotta see whether the car is great enough for all that effort and ultimately money!

was the final product in reasonable finish...............and the link you provided is an interesting one , they also show a KE20 being restored and how the panels are being redone ....amazing to see...I wonder if any srilankan guy can do that sort of high quality panelling.Once again thanks for the link. :D

• 2 months later...

Hi guyz...

My father has got a ke20....

One of its backlight cover has to be replaced......

Couldn't found a one....

Is it ok with molding it using fiber glass????

and I desperately need to modify it.. Lolz...

Let me know a good place to do all the tinkering and do some modifications......

But I don't want to make it very fancy, just need to give a slight sporty look.....

Thanks buddies.... :)

• 12 years later...