• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Type Would You Go For??

Overdrive

What type of Engine do you go for??  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which type Would you go for??

• Naturally aspirated
    • Force Induction (TURBO)

I tried to get some tickets to Silverstone but only the grandstand tickets left and cost £200 each! I didn't think that was worth it. I'd rather watch it on TV with replays!

The only place in silverstone that interested me costs 340 pounds, plus i have to buy two.

and don't forget the long drive upto silverstone :D i had one shot at silverstone in 2004 but my sis decided to deliver her kid (which i wantd to b home for) a few days before the race so i missd it...the only ticket i cud afford at the time was the 90 quidder lol...the only alternativ i hav now is the malaysian GP (maybe next season)...fingers crossd...

OD wud ur better half sit thru an entire race?

what the hell is wrong with you dude. if you dont have anything to say just shut the f**k up.

easy X...i knw where ur coming frm but the language is a bit out of line...

rs00220ul.th.jpg

may be i posted this in the wrong thread-but u guys know what this is?

that would be a McLaren F1 if im correct...and stay out of this thread...thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the qualifying man, its cool. But first part of Quali 3 is a bit pointless. I think they should shorten it and may be run with only 50% of race fuel instead.

I tried to get some tickets to Silverstone but only the grandstand tickets left and cost £200 each! I didn't think that was worth it. I'd rather watch it on TV with replays!

I hope Toyota gets a podium finish this race they've doing so shit this season. Pilla, you know Williams might be with Toyota power next season?

Yep the deal should have been done by now.. they will be branded with Lexus though- as rumor has it its gonna be a two year deal with the option of a 3rd. Sad to see them ditch Cosworth though- who've done a 7/10 job this year and would have been strong bet for next year- after all racing is their business. Unlike Toyota who seem to be suffocating in there own cash :D and may even pull out if the Toyota 'factory' team does not perform. I just hope FW got it right :D

What do you guys Williams Driver line up? I hope it remains unchanged for next year.

The only place in silverstone that interested me costs 340 pounds, plus i have to buy two. I hope JB atleast does well.

To start off with the new quali rules gives spectatoers more value for money. Lasts longer as opposed to the earlier one which was over before you could say "formula1". Plus it has spiced up things abit don't you think?

I agree the engine homologation and the tyre issue are moves not in the right directions.

Pilla i shall pretend i didn't see the remark about the "CURRENT WORLD CHAMPION"!!

B):D

Ooopps sorry dude.. no insult to Alonso intended :D The ticket price covers the whole race weekend is it?

I'm begining to get tired with JB's hype and lack of a race win .

may be i posted this in the wrong thread-but u guys know what this is?

Yes you did.. even some one with the brains you have can figure that out!

Only someone as dense as you could ever 'think about' one of your posts..

:)

shak my other half is F1 mad as well, so thats cool. She's a MC devotee. and thinks JB is gods gift to women. We constantly argue over f1.Pretty cool since i always win!

I'd rather go to watch the race at the ring next year.

96 champ damon hill had made a comment saying JB would be a race winner or champion or whatever by now. and its just the car thats holding him back and that he is a very good driver!!

So the williams lin up? I think Webber and rosberg are brilliant. Who will replace rosberg though?BTW the ticket covers practice day, qualifying and race day..

MAchan on 7 8 9 July 2006 they are having the goodwood festival of speed.

theme - 100 years of grand prix glory

Revised and improved forest rally stage

Guess who will be taking part

Mansell, moss, button, hakkinen, hill, stewert (jacky), brabham, surtees, fisicella, icks, petty, gurney mikkola, mcrae and solberg.

Don't think the tickets are that expensive but i am in SL at the time! DAMN!

I think all our autolanka members here is uk should go for it. You will be hitting ammny birds with one stone!!

Yea its gonna be called Williams-Lexus! I heard Toyota are giving Williams 80 engines for something like $10m, but in return Williams are giving Rosberg to Toyota! That would be wicked! (for Toyota). I rate Rosberg over Kimi and Alonso, he's got Schumi potential.

I hate Button man, he's just got a big mouth but can't perform. He's not a bad driver but I don't think he's in the Top 5. Like Honda had such a quick car in the begining of the season, but button couldn't do shit with it.

Overdrive, have you heard of this other Brit, Lewis Hamilton might be coming into Mclaren next season. He's caining every one in GP2 currently. He's gonna come in and put Button where he belongs.

Pila, I just read about Honda and Toyota threatning to pull out! Thats pretty serious man. But I think the other manufactures need to do the same to change Max Mosley's mind about the engine freeze.

Pila, I just read about Honda and Toyota threatning to pull out! Thats pretty serious man. But I think the other manufactures need to do the same to change Max Mosley's mind about the engine freeze.

protesting doesnt work too well with mosley...u remember the tyre fiasco last season!

Yea its gonna be called Williams-Lexus! I heard Toyota are giving Williams 80 engines for something like $10m, but in return Williams are giving Rosberg to Toyota! That would be wicked! (for Toyota). I rate Rosberg over Kimi and Alonso, he's got Schumi potential.

I hate Button man, he's just got a big mouth but can't perform. He's not a bad driver but I don't think he's in the Top 5. Like Honda had such a quick car in the begining of the season, but button couldn't do shit with it.

Overdrive, have you heard of this other Brit, Lewis Hamilton might be coming into Mclaren next season. He's caining every one in GP2 currently. He's gonna come in and put Button where he belongs.

Well the Williams-Toyota deal is still not confirmed yet..so you never know!

I like rosberg my self,lets see what he has to offer. is lewis the black kid? He's good..

I like rosberg my self,lets see what he has to offer. is lewis the black kid? He's good..

Yea Lewis is the black guy. Everyone's hyping him up at the moment.

News from Silverstone is, Toyota is fastest at first free practise session, closely followed by Ferrari.

i believe nitrous is a form of forced induction...

yah me too thot dat by instincts, so there goes another bird for the F/A camp :D

so i guess the car that i had given a link to is another crown jewel 4 da f/a camp.... sigh

i hav question for the F/A camp, is this ride F/A or N/A?

z NOS a form of F/A?

FRom a previous thread..

"There are three points. First, nitrous oxide is comprised of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen by weight). When the nitrous oxide is heated to approximately 572F (on compression stroke), it breaks down and releases its load of extra oxygen, However, it is not this oxygen alone which creates additional power, but the ability of this oxygen to burn more fuel. By burning more fuel, higher cylinder pressures are created and this is where most of the additional power is realized. Secondly, as pressurized nitrous oxide is injected into the intake manifold, it changes from a liquid to a gas (boils). This boiling affect reduces the temperature of the nitrous to minus 127 Degrees F. This "cooling affect" in turn significantly reduces intake charge temperatures by approximately 60-75 Degrees F. This also helps create additional power. A general rule of thumb: For every 10 Degrees F. reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 350 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 25 HP on the cooling affect alone. The third point, the nitrogen that was also released during the compression stroke performs an important role. Nitrogen acts to "buff or damper" the increased cylinder pressures leading to a controlled combustion process and better slower heat release..."

Forcing O2, do the math..

:D

FRom a previous thread..

"There are three points. First, nitrous oxide is comprised of 2 parts nitrogen and one part oxygen (36% oxygen by weight). When the nitrous oxide is heated to approximately 572F (on compression stroke), it breaks down and releases its load of extra oxygen, However, it is not this oxygen alone which creates additional power, but the ability of this oxygen to burn more fuel. By burning more fuel, higher cylinder pressures are created and this is where most of the additional power is realized. Secondly, as pressurized nitrous oxide is injected into the intake manifold, it changes from a liquid to a gas (boils). This boiling affect reduces the temperature of the nitrous to minus 127 Degrees F. This "cooling affect" in turn significantly reduces intake charge temperatures by approximately 60-75 Degrees F. This also helps create additional power. A general rule of thumb: For every 10 Degrees F. reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 350 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 25 HP on the cooling affect alone. The third point, the nitrogen that was also released during the compression stroke performs an important role. Nitrogen acts to "buff or damper" the increased cylinder pressures leading to a controlled combustion process and better slower heat release..."

Forcing O2, do the math..

:D

wow good info.

/well forcing more air into the chamber by any non natural mean qualifies as F/A, which logically leads to a supreme obvious, F/A is always superior than N/A at least in terms of power generation, say you hav a N/A engine which produces x hp and y torque, it can always be enhanced by simply adding NOS... which gives an EDGE for F/A all the time...

But I would still go for N/A for personal preference reasons :)