• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Rocks!

isurujosh

Nissan has really been doing the right things since of late. At least in the eyes of enthuciasts. Unlike Honda who is heading to disaster thanks to their new dirction of abandoning exciting cars.

They made the mighty R35 Godzilla which in my humble opinion is the second most astonishing modern technological accomplishment next only to Ferrari 458 Italia.

They made the lovely 350Z and the 370Z.

Their Infiniti line has been in a path of steady progress and is reflected in sales charts too. (Unlike Acura, Honda's subsidiary)

is more evidence that Nissan is heading in the right direction. They may have even toppled the mighty Merc E-class into class leadership. This is such a great accomplishment for a Japanese car maker. This re-affirms my decision to abandon the Honda fan club and join Nissan.

:jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by isurujosh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't these two tested on metrics that are not key requirements of the market they are produced for? In other words does acceleration from zero, handling really matter to those buying this particular Merc?

No matter what luxury the Jap brands offers, they will never be able to create brand equity like the Mercedes. They might be able to capture a market of brand loyal Nissan owners upgrading to a luxury brand - but I doubt they will eat into the market of Mercedes. Mercedes has a status that's unrivaled around the world.

Well Isuru... I'm a Nissan fan too. They deliver Good quality for very reasonable prices. But I'm afraid, I doubt that the Merc. market could be budged. If Nissan really wants to go for the cake I guess they will have to setup a separate high value, luxury brand and hide away the Nissan name. :) Yes, the bunch that buys Benz just don't want to be traveling in a car with the average car owner's badge on it.

Digging the history, when Volvo decided they'd cater not only the upper market band, but also the upper-middle class, they slashed their car prices to boost quantity. As a reply to this move, Mercedes increased their price. Guess what happened... Mercedes got increased sales while Volvo sales plunged... (don't remember the exact year though... read it in a marketing book). The lesson is that the market for Mercs is not governed by technical quality, performance or price. Its the status quo that comes with the brand. I'm sure half the Merc customers do not understand any of those technical or performance details...

Nissan has really been doing the right things since of late. At least in the eyes of enthuciasts. Unlike Honda who is heading to disaster thanks to their new dirction of abandoning exciting cars.

They made the mighty R35 Godzilla which in my humble opinion is the second most astonishing modern technological accomplishment next only to Ferrari 458 Italia.

Their Infiniti line has been in a path of steady progress and is reflected in sales charts too. (Unlike Acura, Honda's subsidiary)

is more evidence that Nissan is heading in the right direction. They may have even toppled the mighty Merc E-class into class leadership. This is such a great accomplishment for a Japanese car maker. This re-affirms my decision to abandon the Honda fan club and join Nissan.

:unsure:

Well since they have signed an agreement with Daimler both Merc and Nissan will share their technology. Small engines for Mercs and big diesels for Nissan and Infiniti. So you can expect some good cars in the future.

Well Isuru... I'm a Nissan fan too. They deliver Good quality for very reasonable prices. But I'm afraid, I doubt that the Merc. market could be budged. If Nissan really wants to go for the cake I guess they will have to setup a separate high value, luxury brand and hide away the Nissan name. :) Yes, the bunch that buys Benz just don't want to be traveling in a car with the average car owner's badge on it.

Digging the history, when Volvo decided they'd cater not only the upper market band, but also the upper-middle class, they slashed their car prices to boost quantity. As a reply to this move, Mercedes increased their price. Guess what happened... Mercedes got increased sales while Volvo sales plunged... (don't remember the exact year though... read it in a marketing book). The lesson is that the market for Mercs is not governed by technical quality, performance or price. Its the status quo that comes with the brand. I'm sure half the Merc customers do not understand any of those technical or performance details...

I humbly have to disagree.

Common mans perception.Most brands have now upped their game.

In the JD Power survey Mercedes was so bad that they called the 3 pointed star a tarnished 3 pointed star.

When Merc started trying to gain market share and decided that they wanted to go mass market - remember the A class?

They ran into a huge amount of quality issues which are only now ( last 5 years) being addressed. Merc learns a valuable lesson. people who pay top dollar for quality will not compromise.

A very true story about mercs goes like this. In the old days the engineers and designers would build a car to the best of the available material and technology. Then it was tested and after proving, it was then handed over to the accountants to put the pricing + margin.

This was the way it was done up until the 80's.

Then they turned it around- the accountants told the designers and engineers how much it could cost and so .......

Take a look at all the old W123s still running - no rust and all the owners are very happy. Still getting over 1 million and most owners wont sell. I have been looking for a petrol one and no one wants to sell ! :rolleyes:

I rest my case.

Btw I have 2 Nissans now :)

Unlike Honda who is heading to disaster ? are you really sure about that ? :rolleyes:

the reason why i like nissans because of one thing. most of the suv's and cars like Murano, 370Z (havnt seen it in SL yet), 350Z, skylines, Teana, and the Fuga are not common. they have their unique looks and the power too.

:alc:

Aren't these two tested on metrics that are not key requirements of the market they are produced for? In other words does acceleration from zero, handling really matter to those buying this particular Merc?

yes! IMHO... those who dont care would go for smaller engined E-class.

well nissan distinguish their luxury arm with the infinit brand, don't they?

but i agree MERC brand name is in a league of it's own for most but to me the real talents (in terms of performance) matter more than a badge.

I humbly have to disagree.

Common mans perception.Most brands have now upped their game.

In the JD Power survey Mercedes was so bad that they called the 3 pointed star a tarnished 3 pointed star.

When Merc started trying to gain market share and decided that they wanted to go mass market - remember the A class?

They ran into a huge amount of quality issues which are only now ( last 5 years) being addressed. Merc learns a valuable lesson. people who pay top dollar for quality will not compromise.

A very true story about mercs goes like this. In the old days the engineers and designers would build a car to the best of the available material and technology. Then it was tested and after proving, it was then handed over to the accountants to put the pricing + margin.

This was the way it was done up until the 80's.

Then they turned it around- the accountants told the designers and engineers how much it could cost and so .......

Take a look at all the old W123s still running - no rust and all the owners are very happy. Still getting over 1 million and most owners wont sell. I have been looking for a petrol one and no one wants to sell ! :rolleyes:

I rest my case.

Btw I have 2 Nissans now :)

MERC acknwoledged this and built this new E class accordingly. check http://www.autozine.org/Archive/Mercedes/new/E_W212.html

bdw what is ur other nissan apart from the lovely A33?

bro, not only Honda everyone has lost its market share in result of the recent global economy crisis. lookup toyota, mazda, nissan ect they have had a fall as well.. the whole of the Auto industry went though a down turn during the past. Honda has gone through some rough times too but Toyota and Nissan have been in worse conditions... :-)

the reason why i like nissans because of one thing. most of the suv's and cars like Murano, 370Z (havnt seen it in SL yet), 350Z, skylines, Teana, and the Fuga are not common. they have their unique looks and the power too.

I agree 100%.. but the other models look so ordinary

lol...typical fanboy rant.

BTW who cares!...I'd still go for the mercedes.