• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Laptop Prices

madmax

Computers are generally expensive in Aus. However, you can decide for yourself by going thru some of the computer sellers' websites. Price lists/catalogues are available online

www.msy.com.au (cheapest I have come across)

www.techbuy.com.au

www.dicksmith.com.au

www.harveynorman.com.au

Thanks for the replies guys. I've got few used laptops last few years through ebay.

What I noticed in ebay, is that prices for brand new laptops with genuine OS, are around 20K lower than SL price even with shipping. (however warrenty issue will come, but I'm ok with that because my brother mostly do repairs if needed, but I hardly face any)

If I go with local agents with my specs, price would be around 100K.

If I get same at unity plaza shops it'll be cheaper but no OS no other backup software. And the selection is very limited more common models. Also i've heard service is very poor.

So I think best is to compare prices at Aus shops / or buy over ebay ask cousin to keep it ready, so other guy can bring it. I feel changi airport duty freeshops are not that cost effective.

Edited by MkX

shit is expensive in aussie. a pair of Sennheiser 558s costs nearly 40k at JB Hifi where as its half of that on ebay. why not have a laptop shipped from the states to your cousin in aussie instead, if there is enough time? Most US vendors who wont ship to Asia/SL will often ship to europe and aussie.

Rather pay a bit more and buy em from SL. Sometimes the agents here don't honor international warranties, except of course those that are purchased from their outlets. Speaking from experience, Asus is a great workhorse and the local agents are good too.

I'll check this. didin't know much about group deal.

Just check this week`s group deal on ebay Aus as well: http:// groupbuy. ebay. com. Au /

Yes this is one option. my brother bought a used video cam wich will cost 300K (B/N price) for 130K (usa -> aus -> sl)

shit is expensive in aussie. a pair of Sennheiser 558s costs nearly 40k at JB Hifi where as its half of that on ebay. why not have a laptop shipped from the states to your cousin in aussie instead, if there is enough time? Most US vendors who wont ship to Asia/SL will often ship to europe and aussie.

looking for 20K - 30K price difference here. Since I have back technical support warrenty is not a problem

Rather pay a bit more and buy em from SL. Sometimes the agents here don't honor international warranties, except of course those that are purchased from their outlets. Speaking from experience, Asus is a great workhorse and the local agents are good too.

I thinks Keels honour Toshiba international warranties. In the good old days of Compaq Megadynamics and DMS used to honour Compaq warranties as well though not sure now if they do the same for HP. The only official service centre I found for SL was KBSL for Toshiba. You can go to the manufacturer web site and search for a service centre and if you find one they will honour the warranty. I mean its not like they do it for free. The manufacturer probably reimburses them for parts and labour.

• 2 weeks later...