• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Revenue License Renewal From Colombo

Thanushka

Update…. When to the Drive Through (revenue License) today morning and guess what, it really works. All I did was take the old license, Insurance, Green Test and the Book copy. When I went no one was there an all I had to do is

drive to the counter give the documents and in no time I go the new cover.

One word of advice if you don’t have the original book an if your using a copy they will keep it with them but they will issue the cover without any hassle. Did not even spend 5 min frankly….they have 2 drive way’s as well.

Bope

Dear friends Could you please explain to me what is the procedure for register new vehicle? The vehicle came to my brother’s name from Japan. So now I need it to register to my name. How much I need to pay for new registration and what are the documents I should take with me. Can I get it done with in one day? I think need to be done double transfer? How many days takes get Lic. Plate?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

BTW the online service seems to be working; it validated my insurance and emissions certificate and I went upto the point of entering card details.

(I want to wait till the next card billing cycle starts!)

apart from the actual cost of the revenue license they're charging Rs. 60 as a convenience fee and Rs. 40 for postage. will probably do it just for kicks (although I could save the 100 bucks by rasthiadufying the office aide :D )

small update: renewed license online, had it delivered by registered post within 4 days. and there's also a temp. license displayed that you can print (includes a reference number and a tel. number to call) in case you get copped after the old one expires and before the new arrives. don't know if the cops are geared to deal with the temp. license though.

• 1 year later...

Guys....bit urgent.... Can some tell me asap whether I can get my revenue license done in Maligawatta place? But my car is registered to kurunegala (NW ) and all this time I used to go there to get the license.

I am wondering whether I can get it done today from Maligawattha place?

Appreciate your time...

cheers..

Guys....bit urgent.... Can some tell me asap whether I can get my revenue license done in Maligawatta place? But my car is registered to kurunegala (NW ) and all this time I used to go there to get the license.

I am wondering whether I can get it done today from Maligawattha place?

Appreciate your time...

cheers..

No u can't u need to go to Kurunegala!!!