• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Revenue License Renewal From Colombo

Thanushka

Hi Guys,

I needed to renew vehicle license for the first time in this month, since I bought my car in last year. The problem is current renewal license stated it's done in Colombo, and I also thought of doing it from the same place due to hazel of time taken by the govt. places to transfer doc's etc.

Can someone plz tell me from where I can do the renewal.

And also is there any special doc's I needed to took since I'm doing it for the first time.

Thanks in advance.

There's a Drive-through in maligawatta ... u need to take the Green report, old Rev license, the registration book copy & u'll be done in abt 20mins if u go there by 9am

where exactly in Maligawatte?? Mines due at the end of the month and this sounds like its close to work so can give it a try...

Thanks

But tried searching for "revenue license" but couldn't get anything

Interesting site though, which ever way, in general

You need to register in that site, its free. Afterwards you will get a home screen for you with couple of tabs. There, under "My Space" tab you need to click add services at the top left of the page to add e revenue license portlet. Then you are ready to go. Not really user friendly. Did this at the beginning of the year. Got the original through registered post in about a week.

You need to register in that site, its free. Afterwards you will get a home screen for you with couple of tabs. There, under "My Space" tab you need to click add services at the top left of the page to add e revenue license portlet. Then you are ready to go. Not really user friendly. Did this at the beginning of the year. Got the original through registered post in about a week.

right!!

sounds like a bit of effort but as long as it works , sounds like its worth a shot!

thanks again - will keep you'll posted if i manage to get it done

Errr... Guys, back to the topic. Does the place in Maligawaththa the, right place to do the job? If so can some one plz tell me the exact place. And will I be able to do it in there?

Errr... Guys, back to the topic. Does the place in Maligawaththa the, right place to do the job? If so can some one plz tell me the exact place. And will I be able to do it in there?

From Maradana junction when you proceed about 100m towards Panchikawatte, turn to the first road to your right hand side (at another traffic light). You will see plenty of motor cycle spare parts on both sides of the road. This is the same road that connects to the road from Panchikawatte to New Baseline. You wont miss it.

On this road lake the first turn to your left hand side and that road leads to the license renewal place (or just ask anyone in that area to direct you). I went there today in the morning and didnt even take 3 mnts to get it done. I had to produce the following:

1) Last year's license

2) Insurance

3) Registration book

4) Green test certificate

Cheers!

• Like 1

From Maradana junction when you proceed about 100m towards Panchikawatte, turn to the first road to your right hand side (at another traffic light). You will see plenty of motor cycle spare parts on both sides of the road. This is the same road that connects to the road from Panchikawatte to New Baseline. You wont miss it.

On this road lake the first turn to your left hand side and that road leads to the license renewal place (or just ask anyone in that area to direct you). I went there today in the morning and didnt even take 3 mnts to get it done. I had to produce the following:

1) Last year's license

2) Insurance

3) Registration book

Cheers!

Thanks mate. :alc:

1) Last year's license

2) Insurance

3) Registration book

Cheers!

excellent new - will give it a shot & see :)

Thanks for all your replies, and can someone plz tell me the mant charge for renewal for a 1300 cc petrol car?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

These drive thrus are quite interesting. I visited the one in Maharagama. Was initially a bit miffed coz they have moved the from the old building, and I didn't know where the heck it was. Was quite surprised to find a drive thru. No queue, in and out in about 5 minutes. Very efficient for a govt place.

I too need to get the license renewed next week, I can find the place in Maradhana, but need a bit of clarification….!

Generally if the owner of the vehicle is in a certain area the license needs to be taken from that divisional sect (Pradesia Saba) does that not apply if I go to Maradhana drive through?

Bope

BTW the online service seems to be working; it validated my insurance and emissions certificate and I went upto the point of entering card details.

(I want to wait till the next card billing cycle starts!)

apart from the actual cost of the revenue license they're charging Rs. 60 as a convenience fee and Rs. 40 for postage. will probably do it just for kicks (although I could save the 100 bucks by rasthiadufying the office aide :D )

This is what i've heard from one of my friends; dont know how true it is; Call RMV and Double check.

You can get it from your AGA's office if the address is in the book is covered with in that AGA's office area. For eg. If your address is in Maharagama, even if the first registration done in Maligawatta, you can get your next license from your AGA's office (produce along with other documents) with documents mentioned by Devinda_Z.

:unsure:

<!--quoteo(post=123265:date=Jun 11 2010, 10:33 AM:name=Thanushka)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thanushka @ Jun 11 2010, 10:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=123265"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for all your replies, and can someone plz tell me the mant charge for renewal for a 1300 cc petrol car?

Thanks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I had to pay Rs 6400 for a 3200cc. So I guess for you having about Rs 5000 in your pocket should be more than enough.

I had to pay 2000 buks for 1.5 2001 FB15.