• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Power Shutters And Power Mirrors

Killer-B

Question

Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a power shutter unit and power mirrors(can I convert my existing mirrors using a motor or whatever the other things that come along with power mirrors?) for my car since it came with none......

Any place to buy them? Has anyone a fair idea about the price? (better if you can recommend a place around kandy)

BTW.... is this starlet without power shutter n mirrors mean it is a lower grade or something? Starlets didn't have any grades AFAIK......

Cheers!

14 answers to this question

you can buy a universal power shutter kit and install it to your car...OR try supersonic motors either at kochchkade or peliyagoda,they had literally hundreds of "as is" shutter kits for sale,I wouldnt be surprised if you find one matching your exact model....no idea of a place at kandy though.

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Jun 3 2010, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a power shutter unit and power mirrors(can I convert my existing mirrors using a motor or whatever the other things that come along with power mirrors?) for my car since it came with none......

Any place to buy them? Has anyone a fair idea about the price? (better if you can recommend a place around kandy)

BTW.... is this starlet without power shutter n mirrors mean it is a lower grade or something? Starlets didn't have any grades AFAIK......

Cheers!

May be you will not be able to find brand new or OEM product that you looking for in kandy. However see if you can fix used matching parts, check with Charlton. The problem in kandy is we can't find these small things here, need to go colombo. I still couldn't find some tolune in kandy.

May be you will not be able to find brand new or OEM product that you looking for in kandy. However see if you can fix used matching parts, check with Charlton. The problem in kandy is we can't find these small things here, need to go colombo. I still couldn't find some tolune in kandy.

OT

machang check with fellows who are into fiberglass business there.

Toluene is used as a solvent in fiber works so chances are there is a supplier somewhere up there

for power mirrors...

other than the motorized mirrors...some models come with a small brain box called the mirror control unit. This looks after folding and unfolding mirrors.

You'd have to get that unit too...

I've fried mine and still did't get the chance to replace cos i don't know where the f it's located in the car :(

too lazy to pull out the dash and look for it..

OT

Toluene is used as a solvent in fiber works so chances are there is a supplier somewhere up there

for power mirrors...

other than the motorized mirrors...some models come with a small brain box called the mirror control unit. This looks after folding and unfolding mirrors.

I've fried mine and still did't get the chance to replace cos i don't know where the f it's located in the car :(

Can normal power mirrors be converted/upgraded to retractable mirrors?

OT

for power mirrors...

OT: Thanks for the OT reply I was checking only in motor spare parts shops and service station. Know a fiber glass place will check.

If you can find matching retractable motor and person to do kneet drlling should be possible to convert.

you can buy a universal power shutter kit and install it to your car...OR try supersonic motors either at kochchkade or peliyagoda,they had literally hundreds of "as is" shutter kits for sale,I wouldnt be surprised if you find one matching your exact model....no idea of a place at kandy though.

Thnkx Don....... any idea about prices?

Very true MkX, I'll try Charlton...... thnkx :)

OT

for power mirrors...

I dont really need auto retract :) Just the power mirrors would do

Do I still have to get this "brain box" ?

And again any idea about the prices Ripper? :rolleyes:

Edited by Killer-B

QUOTE (Killer-B @ Jun 4 2010, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont really need auto retract :) Just the power mirrors would do

Do I still have to get this "brain box" ?

And again any idea about the prices Ripper? :rolleyes:

nope...the controller unit is for retract only.

no idea about prices but i'd guess it would be like 3-4k per unit

sadly no machan,it didnt occur to me to inquire prices as I went there looking for something else...but as I go by those places occasionally i'll ask them next time reffering your make and model,

Guess you wont mind dropping me a PM if you happen come across a set...