• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance Question, Please Help.

Saturn

Question

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've switched to Eagle too, but had no reason to use them as yet. Had several recommendations though- they do no shortchange/screw you on claims (but that was the reputation pre-aviva, so who knows what the corporate policy is now...)

I'll say go for it.

I switched to them. So far I haven't had to call them for anything tho.

Well, looks like they got another customer. Fingers crossed, hope things work out well.

(ps: thanks to you and everyone for your advice/suggestions)

Is there any one ever claimed from AVIVA NDB?

I talked to them. They tell that they are only paying a part of the cost of spare parts and refusing to tell the percentage....

It is very unlikely that they will pay full amount for engine spares (radiator, dynamo etc..). I think these will e by case by case basis.

Is there any one ever claimed from AVIVA NDB?

I talked to them. They tell that they are only paying a part of the cost of spare parts and refusing to tell the percentage....

things like lights are common things that gets busted so if they are not paying the actual cost...is it really worth for going for such insurance companies????

I've had only one crash so far and ended up busting both headlights and a turn light... SLIC paid the full cost of all "spares" used...

They only reduced like 1500 bucks because of the age of the car....93 model

Hi i am openning this thread again. I'm also plannin to move from V*P. After paying their huge premium, they treat us like robbers when we go to claim. I am thinking of ,oving to aviva. Has anybody had any expirience wit it? Did anyone make a claim? What other good options do i have in lesser premium category,?

Its been a long time since the first post. Most of us should be able to share the good and the bad,

Got to share my personal experiences ,Im a happy customer with both SLIC and Janashakt! .

My Father-in Law went through hell ,trying to obtain claims from Aviva-NDB.He never got the full amount reimbursed for a genuine claim.He had to pocket-out nearly 40% of the cost.

MINIACE

Guys, is Eagle/Aviva any good, for car insurance? Got a decent quote from them and I'm considering switching - what do you think?

I have the experience of four insurance companies including Aviva NDB, my first car (Mirage) insured by j********i and had no problems whatsoever with them.I had to claim 3 times in the first year,but without making any problem they paid the claims very promptly.

Then I insured a Mazda Demio at V*P since i was attached to that company group at that time,It was a disaster :angry: after paying a huge premium than normal i just had to fight with them for just a small claim.

with the previous bad experience with V*P i changed to Aviva NDB as per my bros recommendation, they were more professional and had a smooth period with them with few claims.

Now I have insured my prius with SLIC and they are very good than i thought initially. What i'm saying is to you is just go for Aviva and see for first year.most probably you won't face a problem with claims. :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Now I have insured my prius with SLIC and they are very good than i thought initially.

but they charged you extra to insure your battery, didn't they? did you figure out what you were paying extra for??

I use them but thankfully not had the need to claim recently. Most companies deduct part of the cost of new parts, it's usually linked to the age of the car. Had claim some time ago (bonnet of an audi) and they offered 25% of price of a new part, since the car was 8 years old (I think). I think all insurance cos are the same that way.

I use them but thankfully not had the need to claim recently. Most companies deduct part of the cost of new parts, it's usually linked to the age of the car. Had claim some time ago (bonnet of an audi) and they offered 25% of price of a new part, since the car was 8 years old (I think). I think all insurance cos are the same that way.

any insurance company that expects to return a profit to shareholders cannot afford to be replacing old parts with new all the time. if you insist, they will release their "depreciation" table for you. I have insurance with j********i (can't comment on them as I haven't had to make a claim yet) and this is their Owner's Contribution rate for Motor Cars. (They sent me a scanned doc and I typed out the part relevant to cars).

I have been using them ever since 2007 and have no complaints whatsoever. They have always been fair and provided an excellent service. They don't inspect the damage to a vehicle on-the-spot, but mostly do it at the garage once the car is dismantled to assess the damage together with the quotation of the garage.

I have used them on three occasions and the last time(Nov 2010)they covered 85% on brand new parts for a 1992 car. They are also very reasonable in their premiums in comparison to other insurance companies.

My Vehicle is insured at Jana shakthi and they claimed me the full bill for replacements as I replaced them with used jap parts.My vehicle was manufactured at 1996 and the replacements were bonnet,f/buffer,shell,shell panel,bonnet lock, two head lights and one side light.

Edited by luckey007

Hi i am openning this thread again. I'm also plannin to move from V*P. After paying their huge premium, they treat us like robbers when we go to claim. I am thinking of ,oving to aviva. Has anybody had any expirience wit it? Did anyone make a claim? What other good options do i have in lesser premium category,?

I've been with Aviva-NDB for 2 years, and have made 3 claims during this period; a tree branch falling during the rains, another car reversing into mine at a car wash, and theft of parts (side mirrors & covers), and they paid everything in full without any issues. Also, they have their recommended garages for paint jobs, and give a 1 year guarantee on the paint jobs.

Just curious. If my vehicle licence is expired but the insurance is still not expired (still one more month to expiration.), can i renew the licence with the same insurance (only to obtain the licence) without having new one for next year. or is it must to get a new insurance to get the licence for the next year...?

but they charged you extra to insure your battery, didn't they? did you figure out what you were paying extra for??

Mate, when i insured my car ,that was the time everybody were talking about hybrids,and even the insurance assessors didn't have any idea about it.And most of the companies were in the process of deciding hybrid premiums .so i insured it with them with no extra weighting for the battery.I'm sure i won't be able to do the same in the future,but now i have insured it for damn cheap premium. :rolleyes:

Just curious. If my vehicle licence is expired but the insurance is still not expired (still one more month to expiration.), can i renew the licence with the same insurance (only to obtain the licence) without having new one for next year. or is it must to get a new insurance to get the licence for the next year...?

There won't be a problem If it's having one month to expire ,you will be able to get your license.

I've been with Aviva for the last year and 2-3 months back they have increased their premium

for private cars. Had to pay Rs.37,000/- for 1.1Mn in last week. :angry:

I've been with Aviva for the last year and 2-3 months back they have increased their premium

for private cars. Had to pay Rs.37,000/- for 1.1Mn in last week. :angry:

Really? I paid only 39,000 for 2.1m with Aviva last October!