• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Vios(e) Fuel Consumption....

revx

Does between 9 - 10. Auto. Don't believe the pl who say it does 14...

I also get about 9-10 in Colombo, and 14-16 on long outstation trips. Mine is a Vios E, automatic.

Edited by Az

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Hi,

I am a newbie, I see this post is too old but sincerely hope I will get some replies.

I purchased a 2006 Vios E ( Face Lifted Model) Automatic last week which is my first car.

It only does 7.1 km/l within Colombo limits with AC, this was calculated after pumping full tank fuel and a service ( mobil oil, oil filter & air filter changed) and I maintained the RPM within 1500 rarely hitting 2000.

I am very much concerned the figures from other users. I would be a happy man if I can get it up to 10 km/l.

Any and every tip will be a great help

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Ahamed Fa said:

Hi,

I am a newbie, I see this post is too old but sincerely hope I will get some replies.

I purchased a 2006 Vios E ( Face Lifted Model) Automatic last week which is my first car.

It only does 7.1 km/l within Colombo limits with AC, this was calculated after pumping full tank fuel and a service ( mobil oil, oil filter & air filter changed) and I maintained the RPM within 1500 rarely hitting 2000.

I am very much concerned the figures from other users. I would be a happy man if I can get it up to 10 km/l.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the car. 

Get a tune up done (throttle body clean up, injector clean, spark plug clean or replacement, diagnostic scan), especially if you're unaware of when the last tune up was done.

When you say you pumped a full tank, did you follow the full tank to full tank method to calculate consumption? Also, what type of petrol? 

• Like 1

Thanks Davy. Yes, i pumped full tank to full tank to calculate with 95 Octane.

I really doubt the previous owner had done any tune up in the recent past as he did not have much of a service record.

Where would you recommend to get the tune up done? roughly how much would it cost me?

Thanks again!?

2 hours ago, Ahamed Fa said:

Thanks Davy. Yes, i pumped full tank to full tank to calculate with 95 Octane.

I really doubt the previous owner had done any tune up in the recent past as he did not have much of a service record.

Where would you recommend to get the tune up done? roughly how much would it cost me?

Thanks again!?

If you live close to Battaramulla, try ASNU Lanka. Search the forum for more information. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ahamed Fa said:

Hi,

Thanks.

Where exactly do you drive? Few years ago I got 8-9kmpm in some heavy traffic and above 13-14kmpl on long drives. If you drive a lot in heavy traffic areas where you idle long times (it's getting worse), I think that figure may be normal.

• Like 1

Hi,

I commute from Kirulapona to Ratmalana. The traffic is not as bad as travelling towards the city as I often travel on the opposite side of the traffic. 9 km/l I think will be OK but 7 km/l seems rather low, don't you think?

Thanks.

Your car is 11 years old. An average 11-year old car would have done around 200,000 - 220,000 km (don't believe what the odo says). So considering the engine wear, I would think 7-8 to be normal. You might be able to achieve 8 but 10 will be a pipe dream.

A word of caution based on my personal experience with dozens of cars - an average 1300 - 1600 CC petrol (non-hybrid) car in Sri Lanka does about 7-8kmpl in traffic (max 9), IRRESPECTIVE of the brand/model. DO NOT believe anything to the contrary.

• Like 2

Former Vios owner, ran one for 4 years. Mine never did over 10kms/l in Colombo, and 8-9 was common. I was happy when ever I got over 300kms from a full tank (at the time of the low fuel indicator coming on). The Vios is an excellent car, and I wouldn't go to tinker too much with the fuel efficiency by taking it to various garages and asking the maka baases to do their voodoo magic on it. Take it to Toyota Lanka, ask them for a tune up, and maybe an engine diagnosis, it could be that you need a sensor replacement somewhere.

Do not use 95 octane, I have never seen any benefits, and my car actually did slightly worse on fuel on 95.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, dilan_randika said:

9 years old Belta 1300cc hits 11.5 - 12.5  ...

may be thanking to the cvt gear box..

just my 5 cents ..

The 2006 Vios has a regular automatic, not a CVT.