• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Wiper Blades For Summer & Winter In Sri Lanka

Prami

some background into those wiper blade manufacturers discussed here.

Wurth - they don't have factories (they are a trading house) and they buy from suppliers world wide, however they only tend to source good quality items.

Bosch - Ones you get in Europe tend to be made in Europe, but ones that we get are made by Unipoint Wiper blade (subsidiary of Bosch) in China.

NWB - OEM to almost all Jap cars, you get both "made in Malaysia" as well "Made In Japan" latter been very good and equivalent to OEM and other been cheap and bad.

Hella - Even though extremely popular for lighting and cooling systems, only recently started to manufacture wiper blades. and the quality tend to be better than bosch.

thanks for the info. any idea where to find hella blades here?

if their blades are anything close to the quality of their lights, there shouldn't be anything to worry

if their blades are anything close to the quality of their lights, there shouldn't be anything to worry

Hella wiper blades that I have used are graphite coated, so they are very good.

You can find them in Motorc*de "Braybrook Place". They are the agents for Hella wipers in SL.

The best after market wiper blade in the market would be the NWB designer wiper blade (frameless for some) which is made in Japan. but its the most expensive of the lot.

You can find them in Motorc*de "Braybrook Place". They are the agents for Hella wipers in SL.

The best after market wiper blade in the market would be the NWB designer wiper blade (frameless for some) which is made in Japan. but its the most expensive of the lot.

even the wurth blades i have on are graphite coated. supposed to be more slippery over the glass and last longer with that coating on.

i got my pair from kuhuwela laughs

Wurth - graphite coated

Bosch made in China - ditto

I saw these NWB 'frameless' blades on a similar vehicle to mine & frankly they looked a bit on the unusual/weird/ugly side (in that order :P) - do they perform exceptionally well?

Chaps, if your blades are not wiping water out that well, get a bit of vinegar to a piece of cloth and wipe the rubber of the blade with it all the way through. That will recondition the rubber and you will see a difference straight away. You can only do this if your blades are still in good physical order and not falling apart.

In the harsh climate it seems very few wiper blades survive for long. Ironically the ones that fared the best were some old NWBs that I had before. I replaced them with Belgian made Bosch but they started complaining only weeks in (just noising, nothing wrong with the cleaning) so I have to apply the vinegar trick to keep them going :)

• Like 2

I saw these NWB 'frameless' blades on a similar vehicle to mine & frankly they looked a bit on the unusual/weird/ugly side (in that order :P) - do they perform exceptionally well?

About the look, well I think that’s subjective. I think they look great. :) But you’re right; it depends on the car as well.

There was a noticeable difference (maybe not ‘exceptional’). I found it to be much smoother than the traditional blades. Probably because the extra flexibility allows them to hold on to the windscrren much better.

Chaps, if your blades are not wiping water out that well, get a bit of vinegar to a piece of cloth and wipe the rubber of the blade with it all the way through. That will recondition the rubber and you will see a difference straight away. You can only do this if your blades are still in good physical order and not falling apart.

In the harsh climate it seems very few wiper blades survive for long. Ironically the ones that fared the best were some old NWBs that I had before. I replaced them with Belgian made Bosch but they started complaining only weeks in (just noising, nothing wrong with the cleaning) so I have to apply the vinegar trick to keep them going :)

I think I recall my dad telling me about this. Will try it out. Thanks! :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
some background into those wiper blade manufacturers discussed here.

Wurth - they don't have factories (they are a trading house) and they buy from suppliers world wide, however they only tend to source good quality items.

Bosch - Ones you get in Europe tend to be made in Europe, but ones that we get are made by Unipoint Wiper blade (subsidiary of Bosch) in China.

NWB - OEM to almost all Jap cars, you get both "made in Malaysia" as well "Made In Japan" latter been very good and equivalent to OEM and other been cheap and bad.

Hella - Even though extremely popular for lighting and cooling systems, only recently started to manufacture wiper blades. and the quality tend to be better than bosch.

Could anyone please tell me where to get NWB (Nippon Wiper Blades?) in colombo? and Bosch wiper blades if I changed my mind over the price factor. :-) Thanks a lot

• 5 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Most D#ENS# wiper blades out there in market are for left-hand drive vehicles, so have a good look at the description in the box before buying them. As a general rule for D#ENS# blades, the model no should ends with ‘R’, e.g. DUR-065R, for wiper blades designed for right hand driven vehicles.