• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Wiper Blades For Summer & Winter In Sri Lanka

Prami

Have used, RainX, then switched to Wurth and not using the Bosch flexible wipers, as it doesn't scratch the glass as much as the standard wiper.

How about the durability and price in "Bosch flexible wipers"? I think you are using it now, right (i saw it before 1 month back) :) ?

• 1 month later...
What's a good place to buy these Wurth blades, and can anyone tell me the price range? My N16's driver side blade has collapsed, leaving a blinding streak right at eye level!

i got a set last weekend

performing well thus far , but too early to give a comprehensive verdict i guess

The Wurth ones are pricey though - the pair set me back just under 3 k at Pitstop ! :o

Have used, RainX, then switched to Wurth and not using the Bosch flexible wipers, as it doesn't scratch the glass as much as the standard wiper.

Switched to RainX recently but I really don't see any difference in results for the premium I paid-bugger! I guess I should have gone with Wurth's like you guys...

Edited by Kavvz

• 1 year later...

Are there two qualities of Bosch? I've seen wiper blades made in belgium and made in china - both apparently original.

Last time I tried Wurth as a very much recommended option but sad to say that they did not fare any much better than the old run of the mill blades the previous owner had on. If anything, for the price the Wurth ones were worse.

So willing to give a try to Bosch - IF Bosch made in china is the real thing! :P

Are there two qualities of Bosch? I've seen wiper blades made in belgium and made in china - both apparently original.

Last time I tried Wurth as a very much recommended option but sad to say that they did not fare any much better than the old run of the mill blades the previous owner had on. If anything, for the price the Wurth ones were worse.

So willing to give a try to Bosch - IF Bosch made in china is the real thing! :P

I have to agree. After a couple of months the wurth blades were crap. I could have gotten more use out of a cheap set from any spare parts shop.

im using a set of Hella bought from laughs as well, no complains to date not sure if its german on indian.Wurth seemed attractive but wasnt really sure about the Cost VS Benefit aspect so i ended up with the hella pair.

I have to agree. After a couple of months the wurth blades were crap. I could have gotten more use out of a cheap set from any spare parts shop.

strange!!! i'm up for new blades cos the present set is leaving streaks of water.... they are wurth blades but i had them on for about an year and it's only this rainy season they have been buggering things up.

strange!!! i'm up for new blades cos the present set is leaving streaks of water.... they are wurth blades but i had them on for about an year and it's only this rainy season they have been buggering things up.

My Wurth pair worked superbly for 2 months - then the blades deteriorated and the condition was tolerable for 4-5 months but now after 6 months it's streaking and unevenly.

I do park in the sun whole day but the previous pair (NWB or something) fared much better in the same conditions.

Got a pair of Bosch today from that sale and let's see ...

BTW, the common recommendation for my Mazda is 21" + 19" but previous owner had 24" + 16" on and I'm continuing the same - should that be a problem?

some background into those wiper blade manufacturers discussed here.

Wurth - they don't have factories (they are a trading house) and they buy from suppliers world wide, however they only tend to source good quality items.

Bosch - Ones you get in Europe tend to be made in Europe, but ones that we get are made by Unipoint Wiper blade (subsidiary of Bosch) in China.

NWB - OEM to almost all Jap cars, you get both "made in Malaysia" as well "Made In Japan" latter been very good and equivalent to OEM and other been cheap and bad.

Hella - Even though extremely popular for lighting and cooling systems, only recently started to manufacture wiper blades. and the quality tend to be better than bosch.

Edited by poscher

My Wurth pair worked superbly for 2 months - then the blades deteriorated and the condition was tolerable for 4-5 months but now after 6 months it's streaking and unevenly.

Same experience here. I have a set of Wurth aero blades and I thought it would be more durable. (after spending over 5000 bucks on wipers! :wacko:)

But the good thing about aero blades are that they're "refillable" - you only have to change the rubber blade; and it's a DIY job.

Using Bosch.. 4 months counting, no issue.Blade cost me around 1200 each as i can remember. I frequently clean the blades with a wet sponge and mix Wurth windshield cleaner liquid with the windshield washer water. :)

Edited by trinity